WTF Viperia

Typically I steamroll the lizard teams. It's just a matter of spending a slew of turns rolling my eyes and waiting for the invincibility to wear off so I can kill them. Today after sustaining trivial damage from other sources, Viperia basically 1 shot my entire team. My team is Greater/Superior runed, and include 2 color advantaged heroes.

So, I don't have any of the lizards, and you can't inspect their abilities in game if you don't have them (which is really, really, poor design), so where do all the damage buffs come from, and does this seem legit or shady? Seems like if this was the way she worked, I would see a lot more Viperia and a lot less Shade.

eqow50066wxz.png

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Viperia's SoaP hits 3 times, each hit doing 60% of her Atk stat as damage. That's 180% Atk damage to EVERY enemy. It's ridiculous. On top of that, every individual hit can be a Critical Hit, doing 2x the damage. Plus, each hit applies Venom, which in turn makes every hit after it do even MORE damage! So yeah. If she has good offensive runes, she's gonna sweep your team no matter what. Try making a team that can kill her before anyone else. Ember + Shade works nice since Ember can give Shade an Atk boost, and he can directly attack Viperia.
  • Thanks for the suggestions. I've got a pretty good shade. Maybe consider adding Zen as well. Like I said, usually the snake teams struggle to damage me. I haven't seen this type of output from Viperia before. Team only had 18k power and like 3k runes. This is a lot of damage for that.
  • Viperia's SoaP hits 3 times, each hit doing 60% of her Atk stat as damage. That's 180% Atk damage to EVERY enemy. It's ridiculous. On top of that, every individual hit can be a Critical Hit, doing 2x the damage. Plus, each hit applies Venom, which in turn makes every hit after it do even MORE damage! So yeah. If she has good offensive runes, she's gonna sweep your team no matter what. Try making a team that can kill her before anyone else. Ember + Shade works nice since Ember can give Shade an Atk boost, and he can directly attack Viperia.

Wasn't venom changed so that the stacks cause the heroes affected to do less damage to the snakes, and not snakes doing more damage to them?
  • Lafoote wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions. I've got a pretty good shade. Maybe consider adding Zen as well. Like I said, usually the snake teams struggle to damage me. I haven't seen this type of output from Viperia before. Team only had 18k power and like 3k runes. This is a lot of damage for that.

Keep in mind, Viperia clears buffs as well as outputting a great deal of damage. Zen’s bubble will get wiped before it has a chance to do anything other than sparkle.

• WolfreichWolfreich Member
    edited December 2017
    Venom does nothing in and of itself.

Viperia deals 20% extra damage per stack
    Krexx takes 10% less damage per stack
    Cobressa Heals 5% per stack applied, Gains 1 energy for each stack applied and can insta-kills a target with drop dead gorgon 10% / stack.
    Kreel causes envenomed target to have reduced dodge per stack. only has an attack that deals extra damage per stack.

So yeah, Viperia can be really lethal.

Edited to be more complete with information
  • Viperia and koros are pretty much the two most powerful aoes in the game. Plus they both debuff.

Viperia suffers because she's squishier than Koros, plus she can be feared. This makes her less useful vs Shade

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    danac wrote: »
    Viperia and koros are pretty much the two most powerful aoes in the game. Plus they both debuff.

Viperia suffers because she's squishier than Koros, plus she can be feared. This makes her less useful vs Shade

Plus if Koros survives Shade's initial attack, he'll probably just revenge-attack and kill Shade instantly.
  • A necessary precaution would be to try using Kai Makani's Surfs up III to reduce the enemy's AOE damage down to a measly 0.3x and if sineltaneously diseased, will reduce the damage further, Try using a combo of Kai, Shade, Astrid and Lord Zomm because those three heroes benefit from Astrids Cloth Guardian III which buffs defence 50% for casters and healers (plus you know Zomm's a Caster) plus the 25% elemental resistances from the Grass Skirt of Resistance is useful, Shades Turn a Blind eye will allow you to target Viperia and potentially knock her out in one hit provided you maxed shades Epic and put some decent Damage Runes on 'em, if Astrid is still alive by then, a good boomerang shield will reduce the damage even more along with making it easier to dodge their attacks and more importantly, when there is one left with invincibility, taste for Brains might not kill, but it can purge invincibility from the last one which essentially makes for an easy kill afterwards.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • Bauble, Furnace, Ferno, and Astrid. Ferno removes Krexx taunt. If Kreel is there have Astrid one shot Viperia. If no Kreel then boomerang shield. Ferno burn spread should remove invulnerability. Game over for them.
  • danac wrote: »
    Viperia and koros are pretty much the two most powerful aoes in the game. Plus they both debuff.

based on a quick check from my sheet (which shouldnt be treated as fact, of course), it looks like fully runed and comparatively speaking, Viperia is a about 50% deadlier than Koros. And she does indeed have the most powerful AOE in the game I believe.
    So yeah, @Lafoote she's pretty legit.
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?