Level Capped Retires

13»

Comments

• If you don’t like adulting, you are not doing it right. I adult liquor and women.
  • But you're a convicted felon...
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    bvs72 wrote: »
    If you don’t like adulting, you are not doing it right. I adult liquor and women.

Adulting is also learning to do your taxes and realizing your family can’t keep you in their home forever (unless you want to become a WoW player or social outcast. Or both).
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    If you don’t like adulting, you are not doing it right. I adult liquor and women.

Adulting is also learning to do your taxes and realizing your family can’t keep you in their home forever (unless you want to become a WoW player or social outcast. Or both).

A wowtcast
  • Why are all the UW folks changing their profile pics?
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • The analogy doesnt make sense to me. All I am seeing is companies that shut down due to bankruptcy or corruption. Level Capped closed its doors on its own terms and on a high, winning almost every event.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    The logic of ‘this game is dying, we better get in our lifeboats and get outta here!’ doesn’t quite make sense to me either. It’s not their game. They’re not making money off of it, so if it fails, it’s not like they’ve lost anything.

Really, if you think the game is dying, all the more reason to stay. Then you’ll be the last ones left and could reap all the 1st place rewards.
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited December 2017
    I think too many people are placing an emphasis on this disband “making a statement”. There is no agenda here to make a statement with this disband. The game has become stale for many top end players. This wasn’t a hasty decision, many of us have been stewing in boredom and complaining for months and really if it wasn’t for the comeraderie of the community and between guildmates most of us would have quit long ago.

As an aside I am not personally quitting, just throwing that out there. I wish the game took a page out of other top end mobile games and really pushed the boundaries to provide more engaging content, but I personally get enough enjoyment out if grinding pvp to stick around; but I can’t blame others who are too bored to stay.
  • @farfella new strategy to save the muppet.
  • Personally, I kinda saw and predicted this outcome in my head, but Level Capped disbanding on New Years!?!?!?! Dang.

A smarter thing for level capped to do would be to, instead of disbanding the whole thing, why not just downgrade from being a #1 competitive guild to something more "Laid-Back" you know, like a type of In-Game Dungeon Boss Welcoming Committee dedicated to helping newer players alongside the veteran and old timey bosses.

Basically, keep the guild running throughout the long haul but know that dungeon boss is always a nice game to turn to as a Plan B if other games get a bit stressful at times, some games are designed to be like our own little digital sandbox to play in with certain mechanics that some other games might not possess.

I can definitely say this though, if Bossfight Entertainment were more along the lines of accepting new ideas from their own dungeon boss community (that's what the dungeon boss forum is here for, hellooo?) like the community and Ubisoft Staff on the Ubi-forums, they would be able to keep implementing new ideas and creating new heroes and much more content and make proper adjustments based on the proper feedback presented to them by the community (Namely us.) that plays it for fun and other things which, in turn, would keep the game running throughout the long run as well as having a slightly healthier fan base (maybe.)

The point in all this: if one of us comes up with a good idea that Bossfight entertainment "can" use, they should take that chance instead of outright saying that they "Can't legally use that idea." Because that is just basically technological proof that they are slightly ignorant and prefer their own ideals rather than accept a possibly brand new idea from a forum community that "they themselves" created (even though they do listen but sometimes they don't always think "outside the box.")

In Short: Their Ignorance will be the companies downfall as will be the downfall of bigfish games if they do not do anything to make themselves more open-minded, and I need not tell you all about the nonsense that went on about the EA Player Outrage because of in-game transactions (mostly the pre-order incentive) which gave certain gamers an Unfair advantage on the battlefield of Star Wars Battlefront II, not only that but as that one guy on twitter said, it was just a possible PR stunt when they turned off in-game transactions and made it all earnable in-game to try and get back a portion of their fan-base, but it ain't gonna help with their overall sales pitch that's for sure.

Just to finally clear it up Nicely: If Bigfish Games AND Bossfight Entertainment are really smart, they will not make the same mistake that Electronic Arts made and make most of Dungeon Bosses content all earnable (including most of the bits and pieces only earnable through certain events such as guild games and vice-versa such as corrupted hearts, skins and other such items.) this will ensure hours upon hours of fun gameplay that will undoubtedly keep players potentially wanting more while the developers take their time to bring new ideas formulated and potentially provided by the community, as well as their own in the mix, into frutition while also looking over any pieces of coding and other technological workings to ensure that there are very few bugs or less when they release such content, by doing something like this, it will keep the game alive for an extraordinarily very long time and that is something that a lot of people (and you Developers) really want to see

Think about this Reeeaaaaalll Hard.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • @Apocalyptus I knew your name sounded familiar, poison skin and burning skin on a brom is cheating !
  • The forums have become quieter and quieter...
    @JackHallow666 if you were always 1st place with hardly any other players, then what is the point of playing, the game would be too easy...

...Oh wait that's what DB already did, by making it really easy to get epics for low lvls.

I now have two words to say:
    Dying Community

(This includes me and various guilds disappearing.)
    So much work.
  • And so starts the first of two final events for the remainder of the year
  • you know level capped is not going away, just some of the members are quitting.
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Drocas wrote: »
    you know level capped is not going away, just some of the members are quitting.

errr,maybe this thread is mislabeled then.
  • danac wrote: »
    Drocas wrote: »
    you know level capped is not going away, just some of the members are quitting.

errr,maybe this thread is mislabeled then.

Yes, we deserve a more accurate label, the brand will be liquidated into sister companies , with a few of our assets being terminated.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Ok, this thread is moving past it's original intent. The announcement has been made, discussion on the why, how, and impact has passed, and is now getting derailed. I'm closing the thread to keep things from devolving further.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
13»
This discussion has been closed.

© 2015 Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc. ; Boss Fight, the Boss Fight logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc., used with permission www.bossfight.com