Happy Winterfest! [Extended to Thursday, 1/4!]

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
42obqbuaic8x.png

Jingle bells, Grog-Gnog smells, Solaris laid an egg. Goretusk crushes enemies under heel, and King Bramble got away!

Today marks the beginning of a two-week long event of snowy goodness!

A few important things about Winterfest:
  • Winterfest will last 1516 days, from Wednesday, December 20th until Thursday, January 3rd4th!
  • Winterfest will revolve around 'wreaths', just as Haunted Halls revolves around candy corn. Wreaths can be found all over the game, and running dungeons with heroes wearing alternate skins will double the number of wreaths you get.
  • There is a guild event associated with Winterfest that is similar to the one from Haunted Halls/Nightmare Before Winterfest. It is based on the number of wreaths your guild collects, and the rankings are not competitive. If you reach the threshold for a certain prize level, that is what your guild will get. We designed the event based on feedback from guild summit chats, and player participation data from last year's Winterfest.
  • Winterfest will have a 'calendar' of 14 doors, just like last year. The calendar behaves exactly the same way it did last year. Each door can be opened with a bronze, silver, or gold key. Each key will result in the door paying out different loot. The loot that you can get with each key will be clearly shown.
  • General payout structure for doors: Using a bronze key will grant 2 things. Using a silver key will increase the payout of those two things PLUS give one additional things. Using a gold key will increase the payouts of the three things the silver key pays out PLUS 2 additional things.
  • If you are in a guild, 50 wreaths will be sent to everyone in your guild every time you use a gold key. This is not listed on the door, but you can see who has gotten wreaths for your guild by checking the guild chat.
  • You will start the event with one of each type of key. You can earn a bronze key each day from quests, and a gold key from the quests on one of the days. You can also purchase one gold key using wreaths.
  • You can only open door 1 on day 1. On day 2, you can open door 1 and 2, but can only open door 2 if you've opened door 1. This continues until day 14.
  • On day 14, if you open the last door, they will all reset and you will have the option to open any/all of them again if you so choose, in any order you want.
  • Using gold keys on all 28 doors will allow you to 6-star our brand new hero, Goretusk! You can read all about him HERE!
  • The Winterfest shop will be extended a day longer than the event itself to give players a chance to spend all their wreaths.

There are tons of skins available in the shop, but what's Winterfest without a few new ones? This year's Winterfest skins are Holly Day Lily, and Plushie Pal Goretusk! That's right, we've given him an alternate skin right out of the gate! Both feature fun sound effects when they're hit in battle.

kdd0pp7byedk.png
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• I finished the event dungeon and the game hung at this screen before the chest dropped.

q5qvczhwrfzi.png
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited December 2017
    bvs72 wrote: »
    I finished the event dungeon and the game hung at this screen before the chest dropped.

I'll have that looked into. Have you tried closing and reopening the game? Also, what ability did you use to beat the boss?
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    edited December 2017
    I closed the app and reopened it. The quest showed it as completed. I was on auto run basic attacks when it froze.
  • @Joel odds of goretusk appearing in the vip before the end of winterfest?
  • @Joel amazing job with the guild rewards and event shop items. To get everything I want I’ll have to spend ~500,000 wreaths. This will keep me busy for sure.

Btw, wreath totals are not appearing in the shop.
    @Joel amazing job with the guild rewards and event shop items. To get everything I want I’ll have to spend ~500,000 wreaths. This will keep me busy for sure.

Btw, wreath totals are not appearing in the shop.

We're aware of the wreath counter not appearing and will have it fixed ASAP. In the meantime, I can assure you that wreaths ARE still being collected normally! We're glad you like the shop. :)
  • A little confused by the wording about gold keys. Will there be a daily gold key available from quests? If not, how many can be obtained from quests and how many may need purchased with wreaths?
    Each day has a "completion" quest that will pay out a key if you complete the two other quests for that day. 13 of those days pay out bronze keys, one of those days will pay out a gold key. One gold key can be purchased with wreaths.
  • In Santa’s Workshop Mrs Claus’ Unbreakable Heart cannot be purged. This works differently from Icebloom’s Unbreakable Heart. Is it intentional?
    In Santa’s Workshop Mrs Claus’ Unbreakable Heart cannot be purged. This works differently from Icebloom’s Unbreakable Heart. Is it intentional?

Intentional. Mrs. Claus has a passive called Invulnerable that prevents debuffs (including purges) from working on her.
  • @Joel thank you for a finally amazing event shop , I'm sure you guys have a surprise for us players on Christmas day and or new years, or just lump it all onto January 5th or 10th!!!

Thanks for making all previous holiday skins available, hope to see this a recurring theme in the future.
  • If I use the 10x Heroic Portal summon, will that complete the quest, or will it only give me 1 quest credit?

Don't want to waste a 10x if I need to do 10 individual summons.
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    If I use the 10x Heroic Portal summon, will that complete the quest, or will it only give me 1 quest credit?

A 10x pull will count for 10 quest completions.
  • Joel wrote: »
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    If I use the 10x Heroic Portal summon, will that complete the quest, or will it only give me 1 quest credit?

A 10x pull will count for 10 quest completions.

Thanks Joel
  • Wait I don't see the original christmas Holiday skins. Am I missing something? I thought Rogar/Willow/Stonefist had skins.

Are these obtainable? I've always wanted that Stonefist one!
  • So many things in the shop I want/need to buy. Hope there will be plenty of wreaths to earn!
    Wait I don't see the original christmas Holiday skins. Am I missing something? I thought Rogar/Willow/Stonefist had skins.

Keep an eye on the Winterfest doors. ;)
  • “Golden Keychain”

What am I misunderstanding here? How can I unlock 20 winter fest doors?

a0vedsrjo3s8.jpeg

l9vg985rzc2f.png
    edited December 2017
    EMFR wrote: »
    “Golden Keychain”

What am I misunderstanding here? How can I unlock 20 winter fest doors?
    Joel wrote: »
    • On day 14, if you open the last door, they will all reset and you will have the option to open any/all of them again if you so choose, in any order you want.

14+14=28 doors to be opened :)
  • Aw the ol’ didn’t read the instructions manual got me again...
  • @Joel:

Just so I understand: If I chose to, could I in theory wait until day 14 to open all 14 doors?

If I chose to, could I wait until day 15 and open all 14 doors twice?

I'm not planning on doing that, but knowing how things work may give me some leeway to try to figure out if I want to and/or can buy another gold key or two along the way.

Thanks!
  • Joel wrote: »
    Wait I don't see the original christmas Holiday skins. Am I missing something? I thought Rogar/Willow/Stonefist had skins.

Keep an eye on the Winterfest doors. ;)

Marry me. Havn't been excited about an event in a long time! Got me some skin farming to do :D
  • @Joel:

Oh and I forgot to also ask, will any of these quests go away the next day or will they all stay until completed?

Thanks again!
    edited December 2017
    @sirtainly, the answer to all of your questions is "yes". You can wait until day 14 and open all 28 doors in the same day, and quests do not expire.

However, some of the doors will contain boost events, and the later you wait to unlock/open those doors, the less time you'll have those boost events for. All boost events from doors will last until the end of the event.
  • I get putting last year's exmas skins in shop for wreaths.
    I get putting the previous year's xmas skins behind doors.

But I suggest at *some* point making the year one xmas skins available in a shop too, since I'm not sure I'll have the wreaths to buy keys just for skins
  • So wait, I'm confused. How do you unlock 20 doors with gold keys if you only get 3 (1 free, 1 from quests, and 1 you buy for wreaths)?
  • danac wrote: »
    I get putting last year's exmas skins in shop for wreaths.
    I get putting the previous year's xmas skins behind doors.

But I suggest at *some* point making the year one xmas skins available in a shop too, since I'm not sure I'll have the wreaths to buy keys just for skins

Gold keys are $10 each. That means the old skins are $10 each. Seems like a reasonable price to me. They're essentially already in the shop! And you can get 3 gold keys for free, so you could get all 4 old skins for $10 bucks if you wanted.
  • Giagas wrote: »
    So wait, I'm confused. How do you unlock 20 doors with gold keys if you only get 3 (1 free, 1 from quests, and 1 you buy for wreaths)?

You can purchase additional gold keys in the shop for $$$.
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    Giagas wrote: »
    So wait, I'm confused. How do you unlock 20 doors with gold keys if you only get 3 (1 free, 1 from quests, and 1 you buy for wreaths)?

You can purchase additional gold keys in the shop for $$$.

Ok, guess I missed those. In my opinion, however I think more gold keys should be available to all players who don't spend money to play. I wouldn't expect 28 gold keys and that in game purchases keep the game going, but only being able to get 3 total (1 of which you have to use wreaths to get) seems to be a little light, in my opinion.