Aria in the Portal

On this Christmas eve we reflect on the time and effort us Maxed player put into our respective games. I like most log time players have dropped 2400 aether on 5 tokens for a while. To put Aria in a portal is disrespectful and obscene. Why have the aether program anyway. Why get you toons to 6* if your going to do these things. We all deserve every piece of aether back we spent to this point. So devs enjoy your Christmas knowing you broke something special today.
Happy Holidays
Legends4Life
Tagged:

Comments

• A lot of players 6 starred their Aria through pvp bounties. Given pvp bounties already gave out Aria/Ember at massively reduced costs compared to aether, this really isn't much different. It just takes much less time!
  • True but you earned her to use the bounty program people who have no 6* people can earn her which was not the purpose of an aether hero.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I don’t have an issue with it. Not only was Aria not that useful in the first place, but you also probably never paid money for her. And if you did... come on. That’s just silly.

I think it’s nice because it gives the newer and F2Players a little bit of a boost. And like I said, it’s not even that much since Aria isn’t that good.
  • So does that mean we're getting new Aether/VIP heroes soon, or is that two things that have been completely devalued at this point? Not strictly complaining about Aria: I have free summons but I don't want her enough to use any of 'em. It's just... I don't know - silly? Whenever an exclusive hero migrates, we used to get a new one in their place. Guess that ain't happening anymore.
  • Usefulness has nothing to do with it. It's yet another case of soaking the long term, maxxed players forever, then sneaking a gem grab in, erasing the efforts made previously. They'll probably follow it up with a buff to aria.

Remember the flow of tears about how unfair it was to nerf the mk "we all worked so hard on"? Same concept.
    Monkeynuts wrote: »
    Usefulness has nothing to do with it. It's yet another case of soaking the long term, maxxed players forever, then sneaking a gem grab in, erasing the efforts made previously. They'll probably follow it up with a buff to aria.

Remember the flow of tears about how unfair it was to nerf the mk "we all worked so hard on"? Same concept.

But MK needed a nerf. I'll agree he didn't need as MUCH of a nerf as they gave him, but it was warranted. I've said this before, but DB dug their own grave in the sense that they didn't have balanced heroes from the start. So when they have to nerf them later, people will complain about losing value.

Aria was never worth it to begin with. She was a complete waste of Aether. They're probably now realizing that and moving her to the Heroic portal (maybe VIP portal soon, forever? hopefully!) because that's where she probably should've been in the first place.
  • Monkeynuts wrote: »
    Usefulness has nothing to do with it. It's yet another case of soaking the long term, maxxed players forever, then sneaking a gem grab in, erasing the efforts made previously. They'll probably follow it up with a buff to aria.

But MK needed a nerf. I'll agree he didn't need as MUCH of a nerf as they gave him, but it was warranted. I've said this before, but DB dug their own grave in the sense that they didn't have balanced heroes from the start. So when they have to nerf them later, people will complain about losing value.

Aria was never worth it to begin with. She was a complete waste of Aether. They're probably now realizing that and moving her to the Heroic portal (maybe VIP portal soon, forever? hopefully!) because that's where she probably should've been in the first place.

First, it's in the nature of games like this to move older heroes to f2p.
    All VIP heroes have moved from that portal to f29, from malice to Shade etc.
    So complaining about Aria moving from aether to heroic is...ignoring the very nature of the system.
    She'd been aether exclusive for something like 18 months, that's longer than any hero had been VIP exclusive.

second, Aria was very useful when MK was hugely OP and Shade didn't exist.

• danac wrote: »

You're forgetting a key part of the pattern: when a hero was moved into the f2p pool, a new one replaced them.

coneyK wrote: »
    danac wrote: »

You're forgetting a key part of the pattern: when a hero was moved into the f2p pool, a new one replaced them.

It doesn’t have to be super immediate though. They just released Goretusk, their hero design department (including the people who code, playtest, and model them) are probably tired out from making him.

Plus, she’s not actually removed yet. She’s only being featured as an event and is still in the Aether Shop.
  • I'm all for new aether hero's and skins if this is what it means
  • I still think it’s weak to move her to the Heroic portal.

Reduce the amount of aether required? Sure. That’s totally reasonable.

Move her to the Heroic portal so a level 18 with a 10x burning a hole in his pocket to get her? That seems kinda low.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    I still think it’s weak to move her to the Heroic portal.

Reduce the amount of aether required? Sure. That’s totally reasonable.

Move her to the Heroic portal so a level 18 with a 10x burning a hole in his pocket to get her? That seems kinda low.

Honest question, but how viable is she for a level 18 account? Does she actually make that much of a difference in PvP? Seems like dwarves could take her out rather easily.

But yes, i agree, lowering her aether cost probably would make the most sense. 2,400 -> 1,600, and Ember from 1,600 -> 1,200 or 1,000.
  • No idea regarding viability. I was just disheartened to see a friend invite in my inbox from a level 18 with Aria as his champion.
    No idea regarding viability. I was just disheartened to see a friend invite in my inbox from a level 18 with Aria as his champion.

I don’t understand why that would be disheartening. They could send out 500 aria tokens to every player in the game for free tomorrow morning and I don’t think I would care. Honest question...how does someone getting her at a low level impact you in any way at all? Any serious player already has her and got the benefit of such for over a year now. Anyone who didn’t alteady have her or had low stars and now uses the portal to catch up is probably not a super serious player and as such not a threat to you anyway.

At some point, what used to be “new” has to become “old” to make way for the next “new”. It’s the nature of any mmrpg style game.
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    No idea regarding viability. I was just disheartened to see a friend invite in my inbox from a level 18 with Aria as his champion.

I don’t understand why that would be disheartening. They could send out 500 aria tokens to every player in the game for free tomorrow morning and I don’t think I would care. Honest question...how does someone getting her at a low level impact you in any way at all? Any serious player already has her and got the benefit of such for over a year now. Anyone who didn’t alteady have her or had low stars and now uses the portal to catch up is probably not a super serious player and as such not a threat to you anyway.

At some point, what used to be “new” has to become “old” to make way for the next “new”. It’s the nature of any mmrpg style game.

I think they feel as though it's devaluing their Aria somehow. I could understand that if Aria was actually good, but she isn't. Not only that, but when they had Aria when she first came out, and was really good, they were the only ones who had her. When she did have value, only the top players could really use that value. I guess what I'm saying is, as she stands, there's really no "value" to be taken away. Just because a lower level got something easily that you had to work for doesn't mean it defaces your Aria in any way. That sort of mentality is how super wealthy people have when they look at poor people actually finding success. I don't mean that in a bad way, I'm just saying we should look at this change as a positive thing, as it helps newer players out.
  • Ouch and ouch, Garfield takes a seat
  • I wonder if anyone would have cared if they made extra Aria tokens give 480 aether each. Would have given us a way to convert our useless heroics into materials!

I think they feel as though it's devaluing their Aria somehow. I could understand that if Aria was actually good, but she isn't. Not only that, but when they had Aria when she first came out, and was really good, they were the only ones who had her. When she did have value, only the top players could really use that value. I guess what I'm saying is, as she stands, there's really no "value" to be taken away. Just because a lower level got something easily that you had to work for doesn't mean it defaces your Aria in any way. That sort of mentality is how super wealthy people have when they look at poor people actually finding success. I don't mean that in a bad way, I'm just saying we should look at this change as a positive thing, as it helps newer players out.

I completely agree with what you are saying. Furthermore, it has to be noted that, yes, lower level players WERE able to obtain Aria, it isn't like they could even ascend her to her first ascension. Even at level 46 myself, I find a hero that isn't even that great, to be not worth the, what is it, 16(?), celestial evos to ascend. That unwillingness to ascend is crucial. If a player can't (or doesn't want to) ascend a hero to even the first ascension due to the fact that it takes only (and so many) celestial evos, what are the odds that the hero will even be useful to them until they are even able to get her from the Aether shop anyways? Big deal, they HAD the opportunity to obtain the hero, but the low levels (such as myself) aren't even able to use her. Same goes for Ember, another Aether hero that was featured.
  • While I do totally agree with the sentiment that adding Aria to the Heroic Portal is disrespectful to players who have worked long and hard to get her, I had to review my notes from previous PvP Bounties to see what the actual "spend" was to 6* her.

I would get approximately 33 Aria tokens for every PvP Bounty and spent 800 gems over 2 hours. So to 6* her took around 15,000 gems and over 30 hours of PvP Bounties. Even with the 2017 Gem Inflation it will cost more gems to 6* her through the portal.

I also do have to consider that we have hundreds of saved up heroic portals so the cost might not be as high, and the amount of work is laughable to achieve the same result which is disappointing.

In the big picture I'm still surprised by this decision. Rather than allow players to "play the game" and do bounties to "earn" a hero, they remove PvP Bounties all together removing tons of hours of enjoyable gameplay in favor of more pay to win content with no entertainment value.
    While I do totally agree with the sentiment that adding Aria to the Heroic Portal is disrespectful to players who have worked long and hard to get her, I had to review my notes from previous PvP Bounties to see what the actual "spend" was to 6* her.

I would get approximately 33 Aria tokens for every PvP Bounty and spent 800 gems over 2 hours. So to 6* her took around 15,000 gems and over 30 hours of PvP Bounties. Even with the 2017 Gem Inflation it will cost more gems to 6* her through the portal.

I also do have to consider that we have hundreds of saved up heroic portals so the cost might not be as high, and the amount of work is laughable to achieve the same result which is disappointing.

In the big picture I'm still surprised by this decision. Rather than allow players to "play the game" and do bounties to "earn" a hero, they remove PvP Bounties all together removing tons of hours of enjoyable gameplay in favor of more pay to win content with no entertainment value.

Grinding for Aether to get Aria to 6* is not entertaining imo, especially with her ridiculous cost. If anything, this makes it less pay-to-win since it was mainly the whales who had Aria 6*'d the moment she came out in the first place. Imagine being a F2P and looking at Aria right now, seeing the tremendous cost to get her to 6*. You wouldn't even DREAM of ever 6*'ing her!
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited December 2017
    You do understand that the majority of his post was talking about how Bounty events -- spending gems and raid tickets and hours raiding -- was the most efficient way to star her up, right?

I also got her to 5* mostly via bounty events. Those are no more. Big Fish would rather make people wait a couple months to release them in the portals where people can burn their free summons to star them up. That doesn't sound like much fun to me.