Combat Revamp! Please Read! [CHANGES LIVE!]

Comments

• DB_DillonDB_Dillon Member, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Aarwyn wrote: »
    A long time ago, we were also promised that level-based miss chance was (finally) also going away with this combat revamp. I don't see that listed anywhere in your post, @Joel. Is it still happening?
    This is still happening. I'll have Joel Update the original post!
    dvd54407 wrote: »
    @Joel what about the 40% Health boost in PvP?
    Removed!
  • PardonPardon Member
    DB_Dillon wrote: »
    A long time ago, we were also promised that level-based miss chance was (finally) also going away with this combat revamp. I don't see that listed anywhere in your post, @Joel. Is it still happening?
    Removed!

Why did you removed HP boost? Maybe because in the new revamp HP will be more important?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Pardon wrote: »
    DB_Dillon wrote: »
    Removed!

Why did you removed HP boost? Maybe because in the new revamp HP will be more important?

Probably is a good thing. After all, the more HP you have, the more another HP boost affects you. The Beasts can have over 100% in Health Boosts already, so removing another 40% is a good thing in my book.
  • darrendarren Member
    edited January 9
    Any idea when this change will be rolled out ?? Next day ? next week ? Next month ? next year ? next to never ?
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    edited January 9
    It might be today or tomorrow according to yesterday's Summit.
  • Brazy wrote: »
    It might be today or tomorrow according to yesterday's Summit.

It's today according to me
  • Joel wrote: »
    Edit 1/9: These changes are now live!
    Yay! :)
  • ODPODP Member
    a two hour unequip? For such a massive change that is very disappointing
  • ODP wrote: »
    a two hour unequip? For such a massive change that is very disappointing

Should be a few days honestly.

Or 24 hours at the minimum.

But I guess the one advantage is that you can choose when to use it, so assuming we have a few days to mess around, we can figure everything out, and then unequip all at once.
  • Mine reads 3 days for unequip. Dungeon boss just got better.
  • TopKnight wrote: »
    Mine reads 3 days for unequip. Dungeon boss just got better.

The event lasts for 3 days, but the unequip, when activated, will only last 2 hours.
  • BugzieBugzie Member
    I am afraid that the healing has gone too low, to improve this, I suggest adding runes to improve how much you can heal your allies
    Bugzie wrote: »
    I am afraid that the healing has gone too low, to improve this, I suggest adding runes to improve how much you can heal your allies

They have those! Just look for Rune types that add Skill!
  • WasiWasi Member
    Can you still get the 'free' rune unequip for 24 hours / 1000 gems?
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • The salt should be pouring in
    The salt should be pouring in

That seems to be the process. Beg for a change (combat revamp, MK nerf, etc), then when it happens, cry that they're devaluing your investments and get compensation. The ride never ends. Next up, they'll add hero sorting. But people will complain that they can't find anyone because they're too used to it being totally random and ask for tokens for all the heroes they've lost.
  • In my opinion, 2 hour unequip, whatever you may think of it, is bad PR for them.

I wish there was a feature that allowed you to "trade-in" like runes for new like runes. You create a new rune, then just after you tap ACCEPT, you are given the option to "trade in" a rune of "equal or greater value" (same # of stars and rank, or something), and if you say YES, your old rune is destroyed, your new rune is created, and you are refunded the gems you "spent" so far on the new rune.

(or instead of the ACCEPT, add a second TRADE IN button or whatever. You get the idea.)

Could even make it a modest fee in gold.
  • i've put such an embarrassing amount of money into this game but this is just the last straw. it's just a way to artificially extend play whilst lowering the overall value of what you already had veiled with bigger numbers appearing on screen in the stat page. my 6* Kobal with 4 Superior Attack runes should not be doing less than 2k damage on a basic attack in the tower. My 5* Bauble with 5* Greater Runes should not be healing my party for triple digit numbers. theres no way in hell i'm now going to re-roll a whole new set of runes for all my most important heroes just to keep up AGAIN.

nope. that's it. i'm out. this was the only game i played on my phone for years. i was a loyal fan and spender for so long but this is too much.
  • Heal split is very bad things you do for this game.
    I mean, look at it this way. If you think this lessens the value or hurts the investments you've made... Just remember that it affects everyone. So while you think it sucks for you, then it must suck for other people too. So you haven't really lost everything.
  • These changes make PVP unplayable, I don't play a game to be continually annoyed....
  • And that is why I spend most of my time playing Elder scrolls online tamriel unlimited and Warframe, take my advice folks, your better off playing something else as the PVP Aspect of Dungeon Boss is Officially Dead.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • I think this update is solid. To me the battles so far seem a lot cleaner (sample size 20 pvp battles). I do think the 2 hour free unequip is a slap in the face. should at least be for the entire event. let people test with out depleting our gold.
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • My roster power just lost 25K.... not too thrilled about that. Spent a bunch of resources crafting that superior incineration rune and so far that thing is worthless. Explain the loss of roster power to me please.
  • Hockeybike wrote: »
    My roster power just lost 25K.... not too thrilled about that. Spent a bunch of resources crafting that superior incineration rune and so far that thing is worthless. Explain the loss of roster power to me please.

If its the same loss for everyone does it really matter?
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Question about unequip strategy:

If I unequip all my least used characters to lower total hero roster power, will I get easier opponents in PVP?

I'm not sure what the appeal is of free unequip other than saving gold and powering up a handful of PVP useful characters.

Thoughts?
  • i've put such an embarrassing amount of money into this game but this is just the last straw. it's just a way to artificially extend play whilst lowering the overall value of what you already had veiled with bigger numbers appearing on screen in the stat page. my 6* Kobal with 4 Superior Attack runes should not be doing less than 2k damage on a basic attack in the tower. My 5* Bauble with 5* Greater Runes should not be healing my party for triple digit numbers. theres no way in hell i'm now going to re-roll a whole new set of runes for all my most important heroes just to keep up AGAIN.

nope. that's it. i'm out. this was the only game i played on my phone for years. i was a loyal fan and spender for so long but this is too much.

I haven't changed a single rune, and I'm still able to play just fine with my current runes. You might be slightly overreacting here. I'd suggest letting things settle, and then I'm sure you'll realize you're just fine.
  • Drocas wrote: »
    Hockeybike wrote: »
    My roster power just lost 25K.... not too thrilled about that. Spent a bunch of resources crafting that superior incineration rune and so far that thing is worthless. Explain the loss of roster power to me please.

That the best answer you can give me? I'm just not clear on why it occurred. Is it strictly due to number of stars heroes have? Or that and a combo of runes? I get that everyone got reduced and, yeah, it does matter to me after I've spent so much time recently trying to crack 400K... The game affect side is only one part of it. It's the time and effort I've put into trying to boost my roster power.
  • Hockeybike wrote: »
    Drocas wrote: »
    Hockeybike wrote: »

That the best answer you can give me? I'm just not clear on why it occurred. Is it strictly due to number of stars heroes have? Or that and a combo of runes? I get that everyone got reduced and, yeah, it does matter to me after I've spent so much time recently trying to crack 400K... The game affect side is only one part of it. It's the time and effort I've put into trying to boost my roster power.

Roster Power's meaning is literally ONLY determined by it's relativity to everyone else's roster power. If they divided everyones RP by a factor of 10, would you be really upset even though the change actually did nothing?

Seems like a silly thing to get upset over given it's 1) meaningless and 2) changes nothing.