Combat Revamp! Please Read! [CHANGES LIVE!]

1235»

Comments

  • itirnitii wrote: »
    As someone who was really on the fence about how this was all going to turn out, bugs aside I am really enjoying myself.

    Whoa, TMI bro.
  • WHEre are the devs heads I’m guessing somewhere dark
  • Adding to the chorus of those seeking amendment to the healer nerf. Running the tower without sufficient healing is like using a McDonald's straw as a catheter. It's possible, but painful and time consuming.
  • These changes are UNACCEPTABLE!!
    Why on earth would we want to use Skill runes? They’ve always been useless garbage and forever will be unloved and unwanted by everyone. Why can’t y’all listen to what the players want (blatantly obvious example: NERFING SOLARIS) instead of making unnecessary updates and releasing unfairly overpowered heroes? Healers have become useless thanks to this update, and PvP IS STILL BROKEN! How does it feel to make some of your seasoned veteran players fuming with rage after a poorly-planned update? This is exactly like the Evolution of Combat update from Runescape back in 2013-2014.
  • bwgbwg Member
    "All Damage Reduction that isn’t generic DR from runes now stacks multiplicatively, and total Damage Reduction is capped at 90%."

    Please explain this better. Prior-revamp it was additive, so on my Ekko I had

    (a) Aegis DR rune 15% (generic 15)
    (b) Planning DR rune 19% (generic 10, PVP 9)
    (c) Planning DR rune 19% (generic 10, PVP 9)
    (d) Tactics DR rune 10% (generic 0, PVP 10)
    (e) Planning DR rune 19% (generic 10, PVP 9)

    So for my Ekko, generic DR counting toward 50% limit is 45% and extra for PVP was 37%
    Pre-revamp DR dded was 82%

    If multiplicatively, what does that mean? Is it

    Base = 45%

    Then PVP addition is .09 x .09 x .10 x .09 = 0.00007? So as we add DR over 50% is gets reduced for each rune with DR added?

    This cannot be what you are explaining because multiplying proportions reduces the benefit for every rune added. Is this what is happening now?

    Please help us understand better how DR over 50% is included in determine reductions. I cannot see how it is possible to get DR over 60% if multiplying is involved.




  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    These changes are UNACCEPTABLE!!
    Why on earth would we want to use Skill runes? They’ve always been useless garbage and forever will be unloved and unwanted by everyone. Why can’t y’all listen to what the players want (blatantly obvious example: NERFING SOLARIS) instead of making unnecessary updates and releasing unfairly overpowered heroes? Healers have become useless thanks to this update, and PvP IS STILL BROKEN! How does it feel to make some of your seasoned veteran players fuming with rage after a poorly-planned update? This is exactly like the Evolution of Combat update from Runescape back in 2013-2014.

    There’s should only be two runes.

    One for Attack and Damage, and one for Health, Defense, and DR.

    Everything else is useless and should be removed from the game instead of being made viable.

    Look, if you don’t wanna build Skill runes, you don’t have to.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    itirnitii wrote: »
    As someone who was really on the fence about how this was all going to turn out, bugs aside I am really enjoying myself.

    Whoa, TMI bro.

    ...how?
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    itirnitii wrote: »
    As someone who was really on the fence about how this was all going to turn out, bugs aside I am really enjoying myself.

    Whoa, TMI bro.

    ...how?

    Bad attempt at humor trying to hint at him "enjoying' himself. hah
  • At least he tried.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • gmungmun Member
    If you put skill on your healers they heal a lot more. Things have changed, new strategies are required. Do some testing and playing. A lot more heroes are potentially viable now based on how the stars are factored in.

    Yes it's different but I am also enjoying it.
    Gmun
  • gmun wrote: »
    If you put skill on your healers they heal a lot more. Things have changed, new strategies are required. Do some testing and playing. A lot more heroes are potentially viable now based on how the stars are factored in.

    Yes it's different but I am also enjoying it.

    Meh. I put quite a lot of skill on Dag and he still “heals” rather than heals. A lot more, well, than not at all...? Hmmmm...
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    heeler wrote: »
    gmun wrote: »
    If you put skill on your healers they heal a lot more. Things have changed, new strategies are required. Do some testing and playing. A lot more heroes are potentially viable now based on how the stars are factored in.

    Yes it's different but I am also enjoying it.

    Meh. I put quite a lot of skill on Dag and he still “heals” rather than heals. A lot more, well, than not at all...? Hmmmm...

    My Bauble has a crapton of Skill and his heals still only barely reach 4 digits. Better than 3 digits, but not nearly enough to matter.
  • I know. RIP poor Bauble, my massive-DR healer. Talk about an obsolete hero (and build). Makes me sad. Healers can’t do their jobs.
  • bwg wrote: »
    "All Damage Reduction that isn’t generic DR from runes now stacks multiplicatively, and total Damage Reduction is capped at 90%."

    Please explain this better. Prior-revamp it was additive, so on my Ekko I had

    (a) Aegis DR rune 15% (generic 15)
    (b) Planning DR rune 19% (generic 10, PVP 9)
    (c) Planning DR rune 19% (generic 10, PVP 9)
    (d) Tactics DR rune 10% (generic 0, PVP 10)
    (e) Planning DR rune 19% (generic 10, PVP 9)

    So for my Ekko, generic DR counting toward 50% limit is 45% and extra for PVP was 37%
    Pre-revamp DR dded was 82%

    If multiplicatively, what does that mean? Is it

    Base = 45%

    Then PVP addition is .09 x .09 x .10 x .09 = 0.00007? So as we add DR over 50% is gets reduced for each rune with DR added?

    This cannot be what you are explaining because multiplying proportions reduces the benefit for every rune added. Is this what is happening now?

    Please help us understand better how DR over 50% is included in determine reductions. I cannot see how it is possible to get DR over 60% if multiplying is involved.

    This is what it means.

    Before your DR was calculated as follows:

    15% + 10% + 9% + 10% + 9% + 10% + 10% + 9% = 82% DR

    A hit that should do 100 damage is reduced to 18 damage.

    Now it is:

    (15% + 10% + 10% + 10%) = 45% base DR
    (9% + 9% + 10% + 9%) = 37% pvp DR

    1 - ((1 - .45) x (1- .37)) = 65.35% overall DR

    A hit should do 100 damage. It is reduced by 45% due to base dr, leaving 55 damage to penetrate (100 x (1- 0.45). That 55 damage is further reduced by 37% pvp dr (55 x (1 - 0.37)) = 34.65 damage gets through. Effectively giving you 65.35% DR.

    I believe each category is summed together, then multiplied separately, with an absolute cap of 90%. Therefore, if you have 45% regular dr, 37% pvp dr, and 50% dr against beasts, your total dr against beasts in pvp is calculated as 1 - ((1- 0.45) x (1 - 0.37) x (1 - 0.5)) = 82.675% total DR.

    P.S. You need 4 different dr categories at almost 50% each to reach 90% effective DR. Impossible with the currently available runes.
  • So you said damage pen does all it did plus more and that it counters damage resist. Does it do ANYTHING if the target enemy has zero damage resist?
  • These changes are UNACCEPTABLE!!
    Why on earth would we want to use Skill runes? They’ve always been useless garbage and forever will be unloved and unwanted by everyone. Why can’t y’all listen to what the players want (blatantly obvious example: NERFING SOLARIS) instead of making unnecessary updates and releasing unfairly overpowered heroes? Healers have become useless thanks to this update, and PvP IS STILL BROKEN! How does it feel to make some of your seasoned veteran players fuming with rage after a poorly-planned update? This is exactly like the Evolution of Combat update from Runescape back in 2013-2014.

    Insanity, Solaris is not OP. Just use Zomm or Koros/Hopper.
  • My understanding is that Damage Pen increases the damage dealt (just as + x% Damage did pre-revamp) AND negates x% DR. Even if there's no DR on the target, you still get the increased damage.

    As I understand it, Atk gives you better results (for non-DoTs) than DP if the target has no or low DR, whereas DP gives you better results against targets with more DR.
1235»
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc. ; Boss Fight, the Boss Fight logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc., used with permission www.bossfight.com