PVP Training ground even is the FRICKEN worst .. I hate it

It's such a stupid fricken event ... the chance to win is just ridiculously stupid ... it's gone beyond challenging and into pissing me off so much that I want to quit.
I wonder if the keep stats on how many people quit during particular events.

Comments

• I was angry and then decided to hum gently to myself. Yes, it was a stupid event, and, yes, I failed to do all the events.

BUT I did get some pyre embers, Brimstone, Aria and Solaris tokens (amazing that I managed the Healer one) and I stopped myself from spending too much. In fact the double coin and special dungeon means I've more gold than before.

So, a frustrating event with some ill thought out challenges (who, ever, attacks with all Healers or all Light since MK was nerfed?) but if you look at it as a free event, not guild rewards related, where some rewards were possible, then it's not so bad.
  • Since I don't care about my PvP ranking, and had tons of leftover tickets from prior events, I just battled away until I beat the missions. Course haven't gotten them all. And haven't tried the 4 healer quest... :/
  • Some people absolutely love these events. They require out of the box thinking, and using team compositions you haven't used before. Sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, but just realize that possibly you aren't the event's intended audience. You still get free tickets out of it, and random boosts even if you completely ignore the event... that sounds like a win win to me.
  • I’ve completed all the quests thus far even though I didn’t really get much besides aether and pyres as a reward. I do them because as Matt says, they are fun to try to piece together a coherent team.

My hope is that the developers try it themselves so that they can see how horrible and completely non-viable some of these combinations are and where they really need to spend some time buffing and how broken and completely underpowered things like the all yellow or all healers are.
  • danacdanac Member
    Some people absolutely love these events. They require out of the box thinking, and using team compositions you haven't used before. Sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, but just realize that possibly you aren't the event's intended audience. You still get free tickets out of it, and random boosts even if you completely ignore the event... that sounds like a win win to me.

bleh. People like you have enough superiors you can switch stuff around and make a team of healers or tanks that have a chance against more than the very worst teams.

I'm sitting about #600 in rp and I find I don't even have enough to field a single decent primary team. The combat revamp and matchmaking means seeing about 90% of all possible matches having Goretusk and about 80% being over 5000 rp.

That's not challenging. I can do challenging. that's despairing. This event was absolutely nothing for me.

• I largely tuned this event out - you get plent of tickets back, but I have been avoiding possible gem-sinks before the games.
    Going through the pain and suffering for a measly X10 summon is not worth the gems I'll need to compete in GG.
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?