Time to Brawl in the PVP Training Grounds!

124»

Comments

• @coneyK the healing change was not reviewed by the Meta Focus Group. I’m sure it would have received a bullet to the head and been DOA if they did test it.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited January 16
    What are the 2-hour boosts? I’ve seen material, gold and evo but no bounty token boost.

I seem to remember past events of this type only having those 3. I've
    Took me like 60-70 Raid tickets but I completed all the quests, I enjoyed this event, it'd be cool if you could unlock a bounty hunter event as well though.

As much as I thought it was impossible at the start I hung in there and finished it too with something like 75 - 100 raid tickets. I'm still amazed I did it.

Could not have done the healing time and maybe not the light team without a few generous people setting their defense teams low.

Careful management of boost events got my refresh money back but boy refreshes are way too expensive too fast.

Was very frustrating being at such a disadvantage, and was very frustrating seeing the same teams all the time.

Lucky I had the time..don't usually. Good rewards, though.

I enjoyed the sense of accomplishment..not sure it was "fun" as much as an exercise in patience.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited January 16
    Healers and All Yellow were the worst. Talk about limp noodles. BLECCCHHHHH.

Rogues were pretty awful as well. No long term viability and no really good AOE damage dealers aside from Viperia.

Tanks and Warriors were also astonishingly painful. They just do so little damage under the new combat equations and without any kind of healer, you're pretty much toast if you don't overwhelm them round one.

Include one Dwarf was pretty much always Valkin. Include one Reptile was always Viperia.

Monsters and Beasts are viable. Blue and Dark are viable. All green is viable thanks to the plants.

The two ogres and plants are viable. Dwarves are crap. Demons haven't even come up yet.
  • @sirtainly In the past they had Gold, Evo and Bounty Hunter boosts. I guess they switched out bounty boost for material boost.
  • Rogues was actually pretty easy for me (withstanding the difficulty that many people are facing regardless of what quest they're trying to accomplish).

I recommend: Lupina, Hopper, Torchy, Shadowblade. First two set up a good AoE that should reliably knock down several members of the opponent's team, the second two can pick off annoying heroes that didn't die to Hopper.
  • I see that the regular PvP heroes just changed from a few heroes to a few different heroes. No new variety... Now everyone just put GT, Solaris, Grog, Shade and Zomm.. and sometimes Lily.
    I still don't see anyone putting Sir Williams or Bramble as lineup...
    Not sure what is the end goal for all the changes.
  • They said they were waiting to make changes to the older, under-powered heroes until after the revamp hit, so the changes could be properly balanced for the new mechanics. Hopefully, Sir William will get some love soon.
  • darren wrote: »
    I see that the regular PvP heroes just changed from a few heroes to a few different heroes. No new variety... Now everyone just put GT, Solaris, Grog, Shade and Zomm.. and sometimes Lily.
    I still don't see anyone putting Sir Williams or Bramble as lineup...
    Not sure what is the end goal for all the changes.

There are a handful of heroes with absolutely 0 PvP use: Balog, Alexandros (needs a total rework), Abigail, Yokozuna and Selwyn are worthless. William is close. At least Bramble has goblin syns.
  • Bzzzt.

Selwyn is actually pretty awesome in PVP. You just aren't using him right.
  • Selwyn is a boss. mv5cqjqeia0q.png
  • Overall this event wasn't as horrible as it seemed when it started. The free unequip helped. Still, all that changing and swapping just to make teams semi-viable is not fun. I'm ok with having unusual team composition quests. However, all healers or all warriors, whom were never intended to be competitive by themselves should not be among them.
124»