Patch Notes: February 6th, 2018

Comments

• So they buffed healing, and helped along endgame players (more stamina, and CORRUPTED HEART); who have been complaining for ages........ stop being salty, this was great!
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
  • The corrupted hearts are actually surprisingly affordable. I expected them to cost boatloads or Aether, but they don’t.
  • WasiWasi Member
    The corrupted hearts are actually surprisingly affordable. I expected them to cost boatloads or Aether, but they don’t.

Yes..but it's all relative. If the ultra runes require 5 - 10 hearts then not such a great deal. Let's hope this won't be the case!
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • FlyteFlyte Member
    Some people will complain about anything.

The Aether/Stamina change is one hundred percent not negative. I usually purchase 50/day (for 750 stamina). Now - depending on how much aether I have on a given day - I can either double the rate at which I accumulate stamina (for 1,500 aether per day), or continue along at the same rate (1,500 aether every other day).

It is no less affordable than it was before.

Much ado about nothing. Please find something legit to complain about. (I suggest the delay in allowing us to run multiple Towers per day, which they promised as compensation for the Tower Glitch right before the Jan Guild Games)
  • jason58 wrote: »
    @Joel you said, “Armor piercing attacks (such as Hansuke's Iaijutsu Strike) now go through Goretusk's Mammoth Guard.” Is there a difference between ‘Armor piercing’ and ‘armor ignoring’? I just went through the attack tool tips for every hero. Hansuke is the only one with an ‘armor piercing’ attack. I don’t feel like spending the gold and gems to test things until I know for sure. Thanks

Therand, the blue dwarf, also has armor piercing. Not that anyone really uses him.

• Kobal arcane bolts which are considered shield piercing above, is described in the game as ignores armor and can’t be shielded. So is arcane bolts both armor and shield piercing? I also have a question about that @jason58
  • danacdanac Member
    Flyte wrote: »

The Aether/Stamina change is one hundred percent not negative. I usually purchase 50/day (for 750 stamina). Now - depending on how much aether I have on a given day - I can either double the rate at which I accumulate stamina (for 1,500 aether per day), or continue along at the same rate (1,500 aether every other day).

Much ado about nothing. Please find something legit to complain about. (I suggest the delay in allowing us to run multiple Towers per day, which they promised as compensation for the Tower Glitch right before the Jan Guild Games)

most people don't accrue anywhere near 1500 aether a day, or even every two days.
    But 375 a day is more realistic.
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited February 7

The problem with the 1,500 aether purchase is that it forces folks who need 25-50 stamina to spend more than they need to.

Probably a lame example, but it's kind of like only needing/wanting to buy a half gallon of milk at $1.99, but the supermarket only sells whole gallon milk for $3.98. Same rate per fl oz, but you have to buy more than you need.
    Post edited by shiggity80 on
  • More like you're vacationing and the last day of your trip you need just a small container of milk for your last bowl of cereal on the island before you jump on the plane and you're desperate enough to go next door to the local corner store and pay their BS, jacked up prices of $3.99 per quart.

But when you get to the store, you find they're no longer stocking quarts. All they have is gallons, and now you have to consider whether you want to spend $11.96 for a gallon when all you really need is a cup of milk. Do you really want to buy that much at that horrible of a price/markup?

My experience is that you say "No thanks," flip off the cashier and leave the store disgruntled and annoyed. It's bad enough that they've jacked up their prices to "highway robbery" levels, but now they have the added insult of forcing you to buy way more than you need.
  • FlyteFlyte Member
    edited February 7
    Fair comment about buying more than you need. The milk example works, I suppose, except "too much" milk will eventually spoil.

Stamina DOES eventually get a tad crusty around the edges, but I've never had to toss any after taking a sniff... So the "forced to buy more than you need" argument is a little fabricated. Not *completely*, mind you, so I will stop.

Much ado about not very much? And they kept the rate the same.
  • Flyte wrote: »
    Fair comment about buying more than you need. The milk example works, I suppose, except "too much" milk will eventually spoil.

Stamina DOES eventually get a tad crusty around the edges, but I've never had to toss any after taking a sniff... So the "forced to buy more than you need" argument is a little fabricated. Not *completely*, mind you, so I will stop.

This change may seem like "much ado about very little", but this is the direction the game developers have been taking for a good solid year now, with the worst of it coming the past several months. Seems like 90% of changes, big or small, is not for the players, but for the Company to squeeze out as much $ as they can from them. Now I have nothing against a company wanting to make a profit, since afterall, that is one of the primary goals of having a company exist in the first place, but their pricing structure is just terrible.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »

This change may seem like "much ado about very little", but this is the direction the game developers have been taking for a good solid year now, with the worst of it coming the past several months. Seems like 90% of changes, big or small, is not for the players, but for the Company to squeeze out as much $ as they can from them. Now I have nothing against a company wanting to make a profit, since afterall, that is one of the primary goals of having a company exist in the first place, but their pricing structure is just terrible.

The company's goal should not be to make money. The company's goal should be to make an amazing game that is fun for everyone, minimal bugs, constant improvements, new exciting events. If they do that the money will follow.
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Drocas wrote: »
    shiggity80 wrote: »

The company's goal should not be to make money. The company's goal should be to make an amazing game that is fun for everyone, minimal bugs, constant improvements, new exciting events. If they do that the money will follow.

^This. The company would do well to heed this message. If they did, they would do well.
  • Let's not lose focus here. Could they have increased the amount of stamina, while decreasing the price to make it "on par" as far as the affordable price goes? Yes. Could they have just broken it up and offered 4x purchase per day of the original 25 stamina amount? Yes.

But they didn't. And even though this change is not exactly how everyone would have liked it to be, it is still a VASTLY positive change compared to many of the recent changes implemented in game.

A small step in the right direction, is still a step in the right direction.
    o3etqqdlgz6l.jpg
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    sirtainly wrote: »
    Drocas wrote: »

^This. The company would do well to heed this message. If they did, they would do well.

Well, if they do that and money follows, then if their goal was to make money, wouldn't a fun game follow? Honestly, some of these changes just make it seem like they want the game to die. Not all. The doubled stamina for gem purchases was nice. But most.
  • jason58jason58 Member
    edited February 8
    @Joel pretty please with sugar on top?kq1weitwesqg.jpeg
    Post edited by jason58 on
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    More like you're vacationing and the last day of your trip you need just a small container of milk for your last bowl of cereal on the island before you jump on the plane and you're desperate enough to go next door to the local corner store and pay their BS, jacked up prices of $3.99 per quart.

But when you get to the store, you find they're no longer stocking quarts. All they have is gallons, and now you have to consider whether you want to spend $11.96 for a gallon when all you really need is a cup of milk. Do you really want to buy that much at that horrible of a price/markup?

My experience is that you say "No thanks," flip off the cashier and leave the store disgruntled and annoyed. It's bad enough that they've jacked up their prices to "highway robbery" levels, but now they have the added insult of forcing you to buy way more than you need.

I'm now picturing a grump cat flipping off poor convenience store owners in exotic locals.
  • RexobRexob Member
    As others have mentioned the Corrupted Hearts aren't nearly as expensive as I thought they might be. I can see where the Aether shop change is annoying for some, but has a relatively minimal impact on how I generally play and spend Aether. The healing change was quite minimal - I wasn't expecting big changes, but healing still feels incredibly weak compared to offensive abilities. Not sure if Skill ratios were adjusted any, haven't tested and don't feel like spending the gold.
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • (Thanks to the aether prices I might actually be able to afford a corrupted heart now and again. Might not be able to afford to use it on anything but still...positive change! Trying for 100 event tickets wasn't working out very well ;)
  • Corrupted hearts being so cheap in the Aether shop means one of two things:

1) they realized it's advantageous to have as many of these things in our hands as it leads us to spend 2200 gems on runes that are really only marginally better than the ones we already have.

2) the new Elite runes are going to require multiple corrupted hearts to craft and they want to make sure we're able to dump gems into those as soon as they're available.

I'm leaning toward number two being true. Why else would they give us the ability to buy three per day?
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Corrupted hearts being so cheap in the Aether shop means one of two things:

1) they realized it's advantageous to have as many of these things in our hands as it leads us to spend 2200 gems on runes that are really only marginally better than the ones we already have.

2) the new Elite runes are going to require multiple corrupted hearts to craft and they want to make sure we're able to dump gems into those as soon as they're available.

I'm leaning toward number two being true. Why else would they give us the ability to buy three per day?

3) corrupted heart won't even be used for new runes
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • pcg0dpcg0d Member
    @Joel Thank you for the patch notes. I love reading them! Please keep it up!
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @jason58 Armor ignoring = Armor piercing
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • sirtainly wrote: »

Well, if they do that and money follows, then if their goal was to make money, wouldn't a fun game follow? Honestly, some of these changes just make it seem like they want the game to die. Not all. The doubled stamina for gem purchases was nice. But most.

I wouldn't mind spending some money on this game if it was 1. Actually worth it 2. Not overpriced (let's be honest here, they do overprice things) 3. Had more pve content 4. Fix the healing (They can keep this split mechanic, but honestly they need to buff healing).
  • dj7501 wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »

I wouldn't mind spending some money on this game if it was 1. Actually worth it 2. Not overpriced (let's be honest here, they do overprice things) 3. Had more pve content 4. Fix the healing (They can keep this split mechanic, but honestly they need to buff healing).

I heard the healing is fixed, I have to see for myself (Haven't really played since the game has no fun endgame content to me yet)
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    My Solaris now heals for more than what the tooltip says, way more. So healing seems fixed. Idk how to calculate how much healing is done now tho and if skill runes are still necessary
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    jason58 wrote: »
    @Joel pretty please with sugar on top?kq1weitwesqg.jpeg

Poor Therand... Everyone's forgotten about him...
  • Noticed that healing was improved in game and then came and looked at these notes... Thanks.
    Gandalf would have rocked Dungeon Boss...
    the Balrog would be a fire version of Igorok...
  • danacdanac Member

I still use him almost every day.
    If I'm not running beasts on floor 11, I'll switch the floor 12 team out for Therand Ponti Koros Kozar. Guaranteed 5 fits/five kills.
    None of my other teams would guarantee that.

• danac wrote: »

I still use him almost every day.
    If I'm not running beasts on floor 11, I'll switch the floor 12 team out for Therand Ponti Koros Kozar. Guaranteed 5 fits/five kills.
    None of my other teams would guarantee that.

Therand can pretty much solo floor 12 with improved runes