Attack description inconsistencies and errors

TTS1000TTS1000 Member
edited February 13 in General Discussion
There are some inconsistencies in the description of skills and even some flat out wrong.
  1. Masuta Kiras Death Blossom: States that it is a "Shower of throwing blades". Should say ranged physical for clarity.
  2. Tsumes Basic Attack: States that it is a ranged physical attack with a chance to do the epic stuff. It forgets to mention that the base form is a melee physical attack.
  3. Nimriels Flaming Arrow: "Shoot an enemy for x base damage with a chance to burn", not mentioning it is a ranged fire attack. This is not clear as Torchys epic is a ranged physical attack (that also doesn't say so) with a chance to burn and not fire.
  4. Fernos Choking Smoke: doesn't say it is a physical nature attack.
  5. Astrids Boomerang Shield: "Attack an enemy for x base damage [...]" Implies it is a single target attack even though it is AoE and forgets to mention it is ranged physical.
  6. Astrids Embarrasising Jab: melee physical attack, doesn't say so.
  7. Astrids Derision: melee physical attack, doesn't say so.
  8. Furnaces Feel the Burn (basic): physical attack, doesn't say so.
  9. Pontifex' Grave digger: You have long gotten rid of the disease attack type, it still has the legacy description saying it is a disease attack and not dark.
  10. Leonidus' Sun worship: it says it is a ranged spirit attack but it is actually one of the few light attacks in the game.
  11. Icepicks Blood in the Water: melee physical attacks, doesn't say so.
  12. Jabbers Horror scrape: melee physical attack, doesn't say so.
  13. Embers attacks don't need fixing imo cause they're long as heck anyways.
  14. Valkins To War (standard): Again, the cold attack type is no more, the legacy description is not fixed to water.
  15. Daeris' Purple Rain of Sorrow: ranged dark physical attack, doesn't say so.
  16. Takumis Basic Attack: physical attack, doesn't say so.

Not a pressing issue but it would still be nice to see it fixed @Joel since it would help to avoid some confusion.
All descriptions are taken from the collection screen, I've noticed for some cases the in dungeon descriptions are different and correct so you might also want to look at unifying those.
Post edited by TTS1000 on
Tagged:

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Huh, interesting. Had no clue Ferno’s CS was actually a physical attack.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I'll pass this along. I appreciate the write-up!
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • TTS1000 wrote: »
    There are some inconsistencies in the description of skills and even some flat out wrong.
    1. Masuta Kiras Death Blossom: States that it is a "Shower of throwing blades". Should say ranged physical for clarity.
    2. Tsumes Basic Attack: States that it is a ranged physical attack with a chance to do the epic stuff. It forgets to mention that the base form is a melee physical attack.
    3. Nimriels Flaming Arrow: "Shoot an enemy for x base damage with a chance to burn", not mentioning it is a ranged fire attack. This is not clear as Torchys epic is a ranged physical attack (that also doesn't say so) with a chance to burn and not fire.
    4. Fernos Choking Smoke: doesn't say it is a physical attack.
    5. Astrids Boomerang Shield: "Attack an enemy for x base damage [...]" Implies it is a single target attack even though it is AoE and forgets to mention it is ranged physical.
    6. Astrids Embarrasising Jab: melee physical attack, doesn't say so.
    7. Astrids Derision: melee physical attack, doesn't say so.
    8. Furnaces Feel the Burn (basic): physical attack, doesn't say so.
    9. Pontifex' Grave digger: You have long gotten rid of the disease attack type, it still has the legacy description saying it is a disease attack and not dark.
    10. Leonidus' Sun worship: it says it is a ranged spirit attack but it is actually one of the few light attacks in the game.
    11. Icepicks Blood in the Water: melee physical attacks, doesn't say so.
    12. Jabbers Horror scrape: melee physical attack, doesn't say so.
    13. Embers attacks don't need fixing imo cause they're long as heck anyways.
    14. Valkins To War (standard): Again, the cold attack type is no more, the legacy description is not fixed to water.
    15. Daeris' Purple Rain of Sorrow: ranged dark attack, doesn't say so.
    16. Takumis Basic Attack: physical attack, doesn't say so.

Not a pressing issue but it would still be nice to see it fixed @Joel since it would help to avoid some confusion.
    All descriptions are taken from the collection screen, I've noticed for some cases the in dungeon descriptions are different and correct so you might also want to look at unifying those.

Great work! I noticed Leo's because he's one of my regular PvP hereos and he would hit Solaris (Spirit immune) with Sun Worship. Didn't want to bring it up because I thought it was a bug, but it turns out it's a Light attack? Cool!

Had no idea Choking Smoke was ranged physical; thought it was ranged magic.

Tsume's basic attack is 100% melee.

Thought Rain of Sorrow was ranged physical, not dark.

A+ for effort man.
  • xandrew29 wrote: »
    Thought Rain of Sorrow was ranged physical, not dark.
    I had to test it out on a Boss-level dungeon with the boss having Dark Immune. Purple Rain of Sorrow is a Physical attack. If it was a Dark attack, it would’ve done 0 damage to the boss.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    tgtu88snl2ot.png
  • Small one, but always bothered me: Shade’s opening skill Haunted Past has text that states ranged attack. The animation is of him teleporting over and whacking someone with his staff. Is it ranged but animation doesn’t match, or melee and text is wrong?
  • I've had some of these inconsistencies notated for a while now. Not completely updated with new heroes think it's just notated up to Ferno.

These are abilities which do not show their attack type either/or attack range in their tooltips in the ability window. All ability tooltips should show all attack ranges (melee or ranged) and attack type (physical, spirit, fire, etc.) for complete transparancy.

ABILITIES WITH NO DESCRIPTION OF ATTACK RANGE/TYPE IN TOOLTIP
    [*] Ember Sanguine - Fire Mend
    [*] Ember Sanguine - Cauterize
    [*] Ember Sanguine - Perpetual Flame
    [*] Ferno - Choking Smoke
    [*] Hansuke Undying - Wind of Consequences
    [*] Icepick - Blood in the Water
    [*] Jabber Clenchjaw - Horror Scrape
    [*] Lady Nimriel - Flaming Arrow
    [*] Mangle Jaw - Lock Jaw
    [*] Masuta Kira - Death Blossom
    [*] Nitpick - Savage Slash
    [*] Overlord Executum - Void Blade
    [*] Pontifex Mortis - Necro Bolt
    [*] Shadow Queen Daeris - Purple Rain of Sorrow
    [*] Shieldmaiden Astrid - Boomerang Shield
    [*] Shieldmaiden Astrid - Embarrassing Jab
    [*] Shieldmaiden Astrid - Derision
    [*] Torchy - Lock Jaw

These are all the abilities whose tooltips say "chance to X" but do not state what that chance is. If the chance is 100% do not say "chance to..." because that causes confusion. If it does not have a 100% chance to take affect then list the percentage (unaffected by skill).

CHANCE TO...?
    [*] Admiral Kreel - Venemous Swing (venom)
    [*] Admiral Kreel - Raging Rapids (backsplash and venom)
    [*] Admiral Kreel - Old Faithful (drench)
    [*] Alexandros - Shield Bash (daze)
    [*] Bauble - Unstable Bomb (random status effects)
    [*] Bauble - Questionable Contrails (burn, poison, and frostbite)
    [*] Cobressa - Venomous Claw (venom)
    [*] Cobressa - Acid Spit (venom)
    [*] Cobressa - Drop Dead Gorgon (stone and kill)
    [*] Dhaegon Stonecrusher - Electrified Whirlwind (shock)
    [*] Ekko - Electrical Storm (shock)
    [*] Ferno - Spitfire (wildfire)
    [*] Ferno - Wildfire Breath (wildfire)
    [*] Ferno - Dive Bomb (wildfire)
    [*] Furnace - Feel the Burn (burn)
    [*] Grog-Gnog - Frost Breath (frostbite)
    [*] High King Valkin - To War! (freeze)
    [*] Hopper - Just a Taste (mark)
    [*] Icebloom - Let It Snow (freeze)
    [*] Icepick - Hailstorm (frostbite)
    [*] Ignus the Mad - Wall of Fire (burn)
    [*] Igorok - Polar Pounding (freeze)
    [*] Indigo - Chilling Barrage (chill)
    [*] Jabber Clenchjaw - Horrorscrape (fear)
    [*] Jabber Clenchjaw - Poison Rampage (poison)
    [*] Julius - Barrel Toss (random debuff)
    [*] Julius - Astounding Pounding (daze)
    [*] Kobal the Pestilent - Pandemic Swarm (disease)
    [*] Koros - Purging Pyre (burn)
    [*] Koros - Stinging Strike (poison)
    [*] Lady Nimriel - Flaming Arrow (burn)
    [*] Leonidus - Sun Worship (mangified light)
    [*] Life Reaper Brom - Dead Scythe (disease and fear)
    [*] Lord Zomm - Septic Claw (disease)
    [*] Lupina - Fiery Fangs (burn)
    [*] Lupina - Burning Rampage (burn)
    [*] Mangle Jaw - Hot Coals (burn and slow)
    [*] Mangle Jaw - Terror Tooth (fear)
    [*] Masuta Kira - Death Blossom (extra crit)
    [*] Nitpick - Meteor Storm (burn)
    [*] Nitpick - Fireball (burn)
    [*] Phenol Thoxian - Jelly Shot (poison)
    [*] Phenol Thoxian - Toxis Spittle (poison)
    [*] Rocky the Shiitake - Poison Rampage (poison)
    [*] Selwyn the Enduring - Northern Gale (freeze)
    [*] Selwyn the Enduring - Chilling Blast (chill)
    [*] Selwyn the Enduring - Frosty Bolt (freeze)
    [*] Samurai Takumi - Frost Katana (chill)
    [*] Samurai Takumi - Bitter Strike (freeze)
    [*] Shadowblade - Sickly Slice (disease)
    [*] Squinch - Playing with Fire (burn)
    [*] Squinch - Burning Chop (burn)
    [*] Torchy - Bat Out of Hell (burn)
    [*] Torchy - Fiery Fangs (burn)
    [*] Tsume - Spreading Panic (fear)
    [*] Viperia - Venomous Claw (venom)
    [*] Viperia - Snakes on the Plains (venom)

These are all the abilities who tooltips describe an action occuring but do not specify the amount. How much healing? How much is defense increased? How much is attack lowered? Most of these are inconsistent as you could find another hero that does the same thing but the quantified amount is listed plainly. This needs consistency.

HOW MUCH?
    [*] Admiral Kreel - Raging Rapids (splash damage)
    [*] Admiral Kreel - Old Faithful (splash damage)
    [*] Augustus - Aegis Shield (healing)
    [*] Bauble - Questionable Contrails (defense buff)
    [*] Black Diamond - Assassinate (additional target damage if different from initial strike)
    [*] Cobressa - Drop Dead Gorgon (kill chance increase per venom stack)
    [*] Cruel King Bramble - Gimme Gimme (healing)
    [*] Ember - Fire Mend (attack buff)
    [*] Ember - Cauterize (healing self and healing ally)
    [*] Ember - Perpetual Flame (healing)
    [*] Hagrim Felhorn (daze hit chance reduction)
    [*] Ignus the Mad - Wall of Fire (passage damage)
    [*] King Yorick - Guarding Strike (defense buff)
    [*] King Yorick - Armor Break (defense debuff)
    [*] Lily Blossom - Sapping Vines (healing and healing reduction)
    [*] Lily Blossom - Pollen Cloud (evasion rate and defense buff)
    [*] Lily Blossom - One With Nature (damage reflection)
    [*] Phemus - Earthquake (splash damage)
    [*] Phenol Thoxian - Jiggle (instant healing and staggered healing)
    [*] Samurai Takumi - Guarding Strike (defense buff)
    [*] Sir William - Guardian Strike (defense buff)
    [*] Stone Fist - Water on Rock (attack debuff)
    [*] Therand Fiddlestrom - Helmet Missiles (defense debuff)
    [*] Viperia - Death Bites (extra damage per venom stack)
    [*] Yokozuna - Sumo Stomp (defense buff)
  • Small one, but always bothered me: Shade’s opening skill Haunted Past has text that states ranged attack. The animation is of him teleporting over and whacking someone with his staff. Is it ranged but animation doesn’t match, or melee and text is wrong?

Does he actually strike him with the staff? I just saw the animation as him turning around and frightening the defender. So he doesn't actually touch them, just scares the s#!t out of them.
  • @itirnitii Great list! With the revamp, they changed some ability descriptions to make them more vague, as well. One example is the healing passive Dagrund has when paired with Valkin. It no longer says it heals x% of health.

@Skip_Holmes That bothers me too. I believe it's ranged (it ignores the Flying passive, or it did last time I thought to check). If I recall correctly, it changed from melee to ranged at some point around or before this past summer (without a patch note).

It is described as a melee attack in Shade's Hero Spotlight:

mcw053naqrbm.png

Source: http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/51780/hero-spotlight-shade-the-dark-spirit/p1

• Yep if anything changed with the revamp I don't have it recorded. If I could actually make these changes myself I would take the time.

If you watch closely, he doesn't whack the enemy with his staff. Instead he turns around real fast and looks them in the eye and scares them (hence why there's a chance for fear, and you hear the shriek sound effect if your sound is on). I guess it's a ranged attack because he doesn't make contact with you but just stares at you closely.

it's ranged, the animation just doesn't match

FatCat69 wrote: »
    Small one, but always bothered me: Shade’s opening skill Haunted Past has text that states ranged attack. The animation is of him teleporting over and whacking someone with his staff. Is it ranged but animation doesn’t match, or melee and text is wrong?

Does he actually strike him with the staff? I just saw the animation as him turning around and frightening the defender. So he doesn't actually touch them, just scares the s#!t out of them.

he doesn't scare MY guys.
  • Don’t ask me, Shade is so underused I don’t see the animation enough.
    itirnitii wrote: »
    Don’t ask me, Shade is so underused I don’t see the animation enough.

I think Shade's HP animation is purposefully long because he's so overused. It allows the devs to indirectly drag out the time it takes to do PvP matches. It's still a good 4+ seconds on 2x speed.

Or, well, technically 1.5x speed. Everyone knows the new 1.5x speed is the original normal speed, and normal is now slowed down.
  • itirnitii wrote: »
    Don’t ask me, Shade is so underused I don’t see the animation enough.

I think Shade's HP animation is purposefully long because he's so overused. It allows the devs to indirectly drag out the time it takes to do PvP matches. It's still a good 4+ seconds on 2x speed.

Or, well, technically 1.5x speed. Everyone knows the new 1.5x speed is the original normal speed, and normal is now slowed down.

2x seems much slower than it started out as. I think they slowed it down, so people will start asking for 4x.
    By the way, what gives with Malice and Daeris? Malice has a passive called, 'Greed', which lifesteals on Crit. But Daeris has, 'Leech Master', which also says that she lifesteals on Crit. So what's the difference? Does one lifesteal more? Why have two passives like that with difference names?