Have we forgotten something?!?

Comments

• shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited February 7
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    We haven't forgotten. We're developing an event that actively makes the tower do the one thing we designed it to not allow. This isn't as simple as sending out compensation, we're designing and programming an entirely new event that defies the game's laws of nature.

Honest question, but wouldn't it just be cheaper and faster to give out compensation? Why waste resources creating this event if the same results could have been achieved by just giving folks stamina, gold, aether, gems, etc?

This question reeks of dishonesty.

Confused.....

I thought the sarcasm was obvious lol Come on Shiggity how long have you known me!

Who are you again?

j/k
  • @MattCauthron - He is the Marshal-General of the Band of the Red Hand, and the husband of the Empress of the Seanchan empire, as well as one of the greatest generals the world has ever seen! His advice is legendary and should always be followed.
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    Maybe it's all star mode. Matches of 4 random heroes per room, once the room is cleared you won't see those heroes again like a reverse tower :3 Fight every hero!
  • The tower guy must have the longest case of the flu in history... :D
  • @MattCauthron - He is the Marshal-General of the Band of the Red Hand, and the husband of the Empress of the Seanchan empire, as well as one of the greatest generals the world has ever seen! His advice is legendary and should always be followed.

It's time to roll the dice . . .
  • danacdanac Member
    Whelp, so much for that brief burst of excitement. Back to a month+ wait to just run the tower multiple times instead of them just sending out fair reimbursement.

Which still doesn’t make sense to me. Whole reason for not sending out reimbursement was that some people would get more than they deserved and some would get less. If everyone is allowed to run the tower an additional X times on a day, we are going to end up with some people earning more than the deserved and some earning less. So yeah, seems like a big waste of time and resources resulting in a bunch of annoyed players.

not really.
    The ideal was that everyone gets to run the tower the same number of times they would have been able to, which means 3 extra times.
    The only people who would earn less would be the folks who have quit or are too busy to run the extra towers during the event.

The only people who would earn more are the ones who did Friday's tower before the crash.
    Aside from excluding those latter people from one run, it's the fairest way to fix things- no one except them will be compensated extra- if you couldn't finish the tower last month, odds are you won't finish it during he event.

• danacdanac Member
    @MattCauthron - He is the Marshal-General of the Band of the Red Hand, and the husband of the Empress of the Seanchan empire, as well as one of the greatest generals the world has ever seen! His advice is legendary and should always be followed.

But he really should have read that letter.
  • danacdanac Member
    liliphire wrote: »
    The tower guy must have the longest case of the flu in history... :D

Oh, didn't they tell you? He died from the flu.
  • danac wrote: »
    liliphire wrote: »
    The tower guy must have the longest case of the flu in history... :D

Oh, didn't they tell you? He died from the flu.

Not the avian flu?!? Flipping Solaris.....
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We've said multiple times that we aren't forgetting about this. There is no need to bump this thread multiple times every day with off-topic comments. If it continues, I will close this thread.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • @joel please stop bumping this thread :wink:
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Joel is maaaaaaddd
    No, you're free to hold us to our word, but please keep the thread on topic. :tongue:

Also, you don't need to post every single day. Maybe just every other day?
  • LietoLieto Member
    edited February 12
    Ok - not a bump @Joel, just a question / observation...

A few weeks back a number of people, myself included, felt as though we lost out on some "stuff" as a result of the tower being broken for multiple days.

Fast forward to today and, forgive me if I'm wrong, but it seems as though the solution to rectify that situation is an "event" type that seems like it was coming anyway??

To a degree it may be semantics but it does not seem to me like this makes us "whole" -

ie whatever comes from this event is not directly intended to cover our previous losses...in an alternate universe where the tower didnt break, my alternate self will be in the exact same position once the event ends except they'll have around 1k more gems and a bunch of incidentals under their belt...or the proceeds of spending that resource.

Hope that makes sense - its kinda hard for me to express my thinking - perhaps because I misunderstood the initial intention to not compensate and rather to just create a new event that sort of tricks you into thinking you are getting something to make up for what was missed in the past.

To put it another way...

I thought as a ONE OFF, you were just going to take the brakes off the tower for 2hrs, 4hrs, 8hrs or whatever you felt right. You get the "event" pop up in your event tab, you activate it, just like activating other event "boosts", and then the player just goes at the tower until the timer ran out.

Once done, the towergate is concluded...

You dont seem to be going that route and so the question is, are you really addressing the issue we experienced, or are you just introducing a new event and is here to stay but because it involves multiple runs of the tower, you are aligning "this" to "that"?

I promise you that we hadn't planned on developing this event before this issue arose. As I said, doing a game-wide compensation of the maximum rewards for the tower for multiple days would have been way more than the average player should have gotten, but if we don't give players the chance to get the maximum rewards, as many players here on the forum will surely earn, they can't be considered "whole", so we felt that this was the best possible solution.
  • tl;dr

There was an error. DB should have either compensated in a timely manner in some form, or don't. Then, move on. Anything else is just going to "cost" more and create confusion. Me? I'm OK. I've moved on.

In detail:

Let me first say that I am content. An error occurred in the Tower (a few weeks ago?) and DB has not compensated. I am content with that. I'm not necessarily fond of their decision not to send out compensation, but I won't lose much sleep over it.

But I'd like to try to explain how I see this issue, it's a matter of public relations, and I think DB has chosen a path that is unfortunate, and I hope they choose a different path in the future.

In my view, once the tower error occurred, DB had two choices; apologize and promise and deliver compensation, or apologize and move on. Instead they chose a path that could appear to be equivocating, promising then [I assume] delivering something they call compensation, but others might view it as even more costly in delay, lost development time, and taking away players time that might have been spent earning other rewards.

There may well be internal reasons for this that we're not aware of, but this strategy doesn't seem to me to be the wisest one for them from the perception of the customer. It reminds me of many of the positions I see politicians take when confronted with their own dilemmas and in the end their choice of approach ends up making it worse.

An error in a mobile game is small potatoes in life and I normally wouldn't even respond about it, but I've been dealing with service/billing issues with several big companies and I am amazed at how poorly some of them handle issues..or even how different sections of the same company react differently. I've also been paying attention to politicians who seem to manage their own crises in ways that make the situation much worse than it could/would or should have been.
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    tl;dr

There was an error. DB should have either compensated in a timely manner in some form, or don't. Then, move on. Anything else is just going to "cost" more and create confusion. Me? I'm OK. I've moved on.

In detail:

Let me first say that I am content. An error occurred in the Tower (a few weeks ago?) and DB has not compensated. I am content with that. I'm not necessarily fond of their decision not to send out compensation, but I won't lose much sleep over it.

But I'd like to try to explain how I see this issue, it's a matter of public relations, and I think DB has chosen a path that is unfortunate, and I hope they choose a different path in the future.

In my view, once the tower error occurred, DB had two choices; apologize and promise and deliver compensation, or apologize and move on. Instead they chose a path that could appear to be equivocating, promising then [I assume] delivering something they call compensation, but others might view it as even more costly in delay, lost development time, and taking away players time that might have been spent earning other rewards.

There may well be internal reasons for this that we're not aware of, but this strategy doesn't seem to me to be the wisest one for them from the perception of the customer. It reminds me of many of the positions I see politicians take when confronted with their own dilemmas and in the end their choice of approach ends up making it worse.

An error in a mobile game is small potatoes in life and I normally wouldn't even respond about it, but I've been dealing with service/billing issues with several big companies and I am amazed at how poorly some of them handle issues..or even how different sections of the same company react differently. I've also been paying attention to politicians who seem to manage their own crises in ways that make the situation much worse than it could/would or should have been.

Just to clarify, DB did send out 500 gems as an "initial" compensation. I'm guessing that is an average/middle-of-the-road compensation as some folks don't beat it daily and some do. But that definitely doesn't cover stamina, cups, tokens, aether, shop purchases, etc.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited February 12
    sirtainly wrote: »
    tl;dr

In detail:

Just to clarify, DB did send out 500 gems as an "initial" compensation. I'm guessing that is an average/middle-of-the-road compensation as some folks don't beat it daily and some do. But that definitely doesn't cover stamina, cups, tokens, aether, shop purchases, etc.

Ah I completely forgot about that! I probably got 500 gems but its been so long in game event time I really don't remember! Please accept my apologies for the oversight, DB, I meant no disrespect.

I think my premise still holds, as long as DB is promising some additional future compensation. In fact, I fell victim to the exact same confusion I mentioned above when delays occur in all or part of the resolution, I forgot there was already some compensation!

Apparently whatever we do, both DB and I can't seem to get these things right!

I'm also having trouble remembering that nowadays its bad form to use two spaces after a period. I spent so many years writing the traditional way. Oh well!

• @Joel - the problem people are having with that approach, and the reason these threads keep getting bumped and questioned, is that we all read that explanation as “despite the incident being entirely our fault, despite large numbers of bugs that need fixing, despite ongoing balance issues, and at a time we’ve already been making several reward-decreasing changes, we’re going to dump a ton of time and resources into a new event, making everyone wait months to recoup their losses, all to ensure that no one gets a fairly long-term-insignificant amount of free resources above what they normally would have.”

to be fair, it would have been an ideal solution if they'd managed to put it out right away.

Also, it seems to have morphed into a thing for them where they want this sort of event available in the future- also not a bad idea. But the delay in it is.
  • And so towergate goes on but the thread is dead congrats at solving nothing while doing nothing But giving us lip service I’ve had to buy higher gumrubbers to wade through the bs but good attempt dB bump bump
  • Bump
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited February 15
    Well, we know it's not happening this week or next given we already have a guild event going on today.

But I've given up on this. And the 25 stam comp from a few weeks ago.

You win DB...you win.
  • Not giving up bump
  • Hopefully this event lets us run the tower 17 extra times. That would be just enough to craft one elite rune.
  • Joel wrote: »
    Honest question, but wouldn't it just be cheaper and faster to give out compensation? Why waste resources creating this event if the same results could have been achieved by just giving folks stamina, gold, aether, gems, etc?

Because sending out 4 day's worth of maximum tower payouts to everyone as compensation would be way too much for many people, but sending out 4 day's worth of the average tower payout as compensation would be way too low for many people. Plus, with the event designed, there's the opportunity for us to use it again in the future.

Just plain stupid.. so if youre busy during the event.. you get no compensation.. greedy and downright stupid Joel
  • Joel wrote: »
    I promise you that we hadn't planned on developing this event before this issue arose. As I said, doing a game-wide compensation of the maximum rewards for the tower for multiple days would have been way more than the average player should have gotten, but if we don't give players the chance to get the maximum rewards, as many players here on the forum will surely earn, they can't be considered "whole", so we felt that this was the best possible solution.

Joel he is correct.. and thanx for making sure many guilds have crumbled and players leaving DB due to lack of customer service.. you guys rather slap on excises and bodgy events.. how aboit some real rewards for people who really play the game.. me along with many of the population are not impressed and will be quitting very soon.. hopefully you revamp for the players not the $$$$ every week and thos game might last..
  • STIll waiting bump bump
  • WasiWasi Member
    edited February 17
    Bumping the thread twice a day..? Nice one.

With the current event setup it seems like a good time to have an endless tower... Those that want to invest 5+ hours a day to hit tower level 50, for example and 1000 gems & some elite mats - all the power to them.

No end game content = solved.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • It seams it’s really easy to give out free stuff ie the 500 gems just donated to everybody but you can’t fix the towergate bs that’s amaZing @Joel