Gnog Incineration/Corruption runes glitch (?)

Gnogs basic attacks (not epic attacks) not burning or disease with runes. I did a lot of tests: runes are working perfectly on my other heroes, but never on GG. I think it stopped working after Epic was released.
Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

  • I have the same concern.
  • TonsTons Member
    I'm running into the same issue
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I'm having this looked into. Thanks for the heads up.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • It might have to do with the fact that Grog's basic counts as an AOE attack for some reason.
  • GroghillGroghill Member
    edited February 5
    We will know soon enough as 100 players immediately put that Red "Community" Rune on Grog-Gnog. Will it proc? Or will it not...
  • Groghill wrote: »
    We will know soon enough as 100 players immediately put that Red "Community" Rune on Grog-Gnog. Will it proc? Or will it not...

    I think most who earned it are far more likely to put that piece of garbage on balog for the roster power increase than on any hero they actually use.
  • The 5 star Superior version of the Red "Community" rune has the same stat levels as a self-crafted Superior Legendary - and it does proc on Grog-Gnog as expected of a 20% Chance, albeit it only adds one additional swing, e.g. three swings instead of four. Does also proc on Pack Tactics, occasionally getting three swings as well. This is all without Piggy being on the team - haven't done any testing with him present.

    Still no Grog-Gnog disease touch proc, though.
  • The red community rune just gives a third attack. No full second basic attack, i.e. the additional attack is not a double strike.
  • Who got the red community rune? Everyone?
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    The red community rune just gives a third attack. No full second basic attack, i.e. the additional attack is not a double strike.

    Exactly my point, although I have a feeling you hadn't quite meant it that way. It is "+20% Channce to add an extra basic attack", which for everyone but Grog-Gnog is of course simply another attack. However, Joel had defined Grog-Gnog's double swing as a "basic attack", which in turn I had tried to get it clarified if the double swing as a whole was considered a basic attack, or simply his first swing while the second being what he had also concurrently defined other attack types as a "special attack", e.g. cannot proc extra bits like the corrupted touch runes.

    If the former, I assumed then Grog-Gnog would get a double swing as a result of the red community rune. It doesn't, so it leads me to belive the latter, and thus would mean Grog-Gnog would only ever be able to proc the rune touch conditions on the first swing only... aside from the apparent issue that the touch procs are totally broken on him.

    Or it could be the corrupted rune touch bug is simply due to the quasi-muddy Schrodinger's Cat status of Grog-Gnog's "basic attack" in the first place.

    @MrTheWaffleKing - it was awarded to the Top 100 Dungeon Dash players.
  • Let's look at Grog's relationship to Pig... with Pig's passive, "Hog Wild", all allied beasts have a 50% chance of an extra attack. It only procs on basic attacks, though.

    When Pig and Grog are on the same team, however, we frequently see Grog hitting 2, 3 or 4 times with his basic. In other words, each of his 2 original hits is considered a basic attack by the passive, and each has an independent 50% chance of a second attack:

    - Neither his 1st nor 2nd could trigger an additional attack (2 hits), 25% chance
    - His 1st could trigger an additional attack, and his second could not (3 hits), 25% chance
    - His 1st could not trigger an additional attack, and his second could (3 hits), 25% chance
    - Both his 1st and 2nd could trigger an additional attack (4 hits), 25% chance

    So, with Pig, he has a 25% chance at only 2 strikes, 50% chance at 3 strikes, and a 25% chance at 4 strikes.

    Given that behavior, I think it's fair to expect the following and have @Joel or @xtmn8r or @DB_Dillon confirm for us:

    1. Both of GG's hits should have a chance to proc the touch runes, given no bugs (assuming a 20% proc rate, a 36% chance for the debuff to be applied from a given rune)
    2. Both of GG's hits have a 20% chance of triggering an additional attack with the community rune (64% chance of 2 attacks, 32% chance of 3 attacks, 4% chance of 4 attacks)
  • My GG used to burn with almost every basic attack, but then at one point he did stop burning suddenly (like I said before ~ when epic was released).
  • Joel wrote: »
    I'm having this looked into. Thanks for the heads up.

    Any progress on an issue? Thanks.

  • dvd54407 wrote: »
    Let's look at Grog's relationship to Pig... with Pig's passive, "Hog Wild", all allied beasts have a 50% chance of an extra attack. It only procs on basic attacks, though.

    When Pig and Grog are on the same team, however, we frequently see Grog hitting 2, 3 or 4 times with his basic. In other words, each of his 2 original hits is considered a basic attack by the passive, and each has an independent 50% chance of a second attack:

    - Neither his 1st nor 2nd could trigger an additional attack (2 hits), 25% chance
    - His 1st could trigger an additional attack, and his second could not (3 hits), 25% chance
    - His 1st could not trigger an additional attack, and his second could (3 hits), 25% chance
    - Both his 1st and 2nd could trigger an additional attack (4 hits), 25% chance

    So, with Pig, he has a 25% chance at only 2 strikes, 50% chance at 3 strikes, and a 25% chance at 4 strikes.

    Given that behavior, I think it's fair to expect the following and have @Joel or @xtmn8r or @DB_Dillon confirm for us:

    1. Both of GG's hits should have a chance to proc the touch runes, given no bugs (assuming a 20% proc rate, a 36% chance for the debuff to be applied from a given rune)
    2. Both of GG's hits have a 20% chance of triggering an additional attack with the community rune (64% chance of 2 attacks, 32% chance of 3 attacks, 4% chance of 4 attacks)

    Let's not forget each basic attack also has a full epic 30% chance of triggering 5 more hits. If it worked as described, then it would be possible to have Gnog with Pig trigger 4 attacks, with 1-4 triggering and extra attack, with any one of them triggering the epic.

    ...they might have said the epic is turned off with Pig, but still this explains why they can't get Gnog's attacks right.
  • danac wrote: »
    dvd54407 wrote: »
    Let's look at Grog's relationship to Pig... with Pig's passive, "Hog Wild", all allied beasts have a 50% chance of an extra attack. It only procs on basic attacks, though.

    When Pig and Grog are on the same team, however, we frequently see Grog hitting 2, 3 or 4 times with his basic. In other words, each of his 2 original hits is considered a basic attack by the passive, and each has an independent 50% chance of a second attack:

    - Neither his 1st nor 2nd could trigger an additional attack (2 hits), 25% chance
    - His 1st could trigger an additional attack, and his second could not (3 hits), 25% chance
    - His 1st could not trigger an additional attack, and his second could (3 hits), 25% chance
    - Both his 1st and 2nd could trigger an additional attack (4 hits), 25% chance

    So, with Pig, he has a 25% chance at only 2 strikes, 50% chance at 3 strikes, and a 25% chance at 4 strikes.

    Given that behavior, I think it's fair to expect the following and have @Joel or @xtmn8r or @DB_Dillon confirm for us:

    1. Both of GG's hits should have a chance to proc the touch runes, given no bugs (assuming a 20% proc rate, a 36% chance for the debuff to be applied from a given rune)
    2. Both of GG's hits have a 20% chance of triggering an additional attack with the community rune (64% chance of 2 attacks, 32% chance of 3 attacks, 4% chance of 4 attacks)

    Let's not forget each basic attack also has a full epic 30% chance of triggering 5 more hits. If it worked as described, then it would be possible to have Gnog with Pig trigger 4 attacks, with 1-4 triggering and extra attack, with any one of them triggering the epic.

    ...they might have said the epic is turned off with Pig, but still this explains why they can't get Gnog's attacks right.

    Yes Pig+Grog epic is not a thing. Also I think the epic can only proc from one attack, not 60% chance.
  • SortisSortis Member
    edited February 25
    The problem stll not resolved. Im testing touch runes on GG every week...
    Post edited by Sortis on
  • I guess we'll have to 'sortis' not the category of problems that might never get solved. Hehe, get it?
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc. ; Boss Fight, the Boss Fight logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc., used with permission www.bossfight.com