Elite Runes - See Special Bonus for VIPs with a Sunday deadline

Comments

• xtmn8r wrote: »
    Hey all,

We will be rolling out the next Tier of Runes next week known as Elite Runes. Elite Runes are intended for players level 70 and above. Although not a hard line that level 70 is required, it will be extremely difficult for anyone under level 70 to obtain/craft them. Here is a little info on some crafting changes, general info on crafting requirements, how to obtain some of the new crafting materials and a special bonus to all our Level 70 VIP 10 players.

Binders/Shards: We created a new up crafting mechanic. Think Evo upcrafting. Improved Shards to get 1 Greater Shard etc. Same for Binders but 5 for each step.

We are starting with a limited number of Elite Rune types to start with. Additional versions will roll out at a later date.

Elite Runes will require the following materials to be crafted:
    • 5 Elite Shards
    • 1 Elite Binder
    • 7 Totems
    • 5 Magic Tomes (Acquired via events or converting (salvaging) Legendary Superior Runes)
    • 3 Elemental Force (requires 3 of each spirit to craft 1 EF)
    Converting Legendary Superior Runes for Magic tomes (level 70 players only): For simplicity, we’ve added a quest that will grant you 1 Magic Tome for every Legendary Superior rune salvaged. This allows you to get the Magic Tome plus get your normal binder/shards for salvaging tunes.

All Level 70 players who are VIP 1 or higher as of 11:59pm CDT Sunday Feb 11, 2018 will receive a special gift:
    • VIP 1-4 will get 5 Magic Tome
    • VIP 5-9 will get 10 Magic Tomes
    • VIP 10 will get 25 Magic Tomes

Magic Tomes will be sent to all qualified players on Tuesday

New PvE content will be released around late March. Players will be able to obtain Magic Tomes and various other crafting materials through the new content

The Seasons Boss Leaderboard will eventually be changed such that the minimum requirement will be player level 70.

He didn't say WHICH Tuesday...
  • So the magic times didn't go out?
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • This sounds awesome! It’s nice to see some loyalty towards players that have vip levels.
  • lythstihl wrote: »
    So the magic times didn't go out?

Missing tower runs
    Missing comp from wrong warrior event
    Missing magic tomes

I see a nice trend happening here...
  • xtmn8rxtmn8r Member, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Magic tomes will be released when we deploy the Elite Runes. We had some bugs to address so decided not to release it yesterday. Timing will be either today or tomorrow and ~15 later players who will get their Magic Tomes.
    Comp for warrior event will be 25 Stamina for the people who were logged in during that 45 minute window. essentially anyone who played them got more event tickets then planned so in the end those players got a bonus and didn't really "lose out". That said we did say we'd send something so we will once analyst tells me who was playing during that window
    Comp for warrior event will be 25 Stamina for the people who were logged in during that 45 minute window. essentially anyone who played them got more event tickets then planned so in the end those players got a bonus and didn't really "lose out". That said we did say we'd send something so we will once analyst tells me who was playing during that window

Wait, you guys are spending all this time and resource to determine who gets 25 stamina instead of just giving everyone 25 stamina?
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    xtmn8r wrote: »

Wait, you guys are spending all this time and resource to determine who gets 25 stamina instead of just giving everyone 25 stamina?

Time and resources in this case means one person running a simple database query.

Hardly moving mountains to accomplish it.

Penny wise, pound foolish.

Time and resources in this case means one person running a simple database query.

If it takes a week to run a simple query then they don’t have the time or resources readily available for compensation analysis. I mean, it’s 25 stamina.

If it takes a week to run a simple query then they don’t have the time or resources readily available for compensation analysis. I mean, it’s 25 stamina.

It takes 5 minutes to run a simple query. It takes a week to get someone who is very busy all day to handle such a low priority task. Yes the players think everything is urgent high important but that simply isn't the reality.

Example: Looking at my current due date list I have over 1,000 tax returns that need to be prepared or extended by April 15th. Many of these things will take under 15 minutes. Does that mean I can/should do them all today this very moment because they only take 15 minutes? Does the fact that I'll get some of the smaller ones done 6 weeks from now mean the return took 6 weeks to complete?

No.
  • So now that the elite runes are out when do we get our magic tomes?
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
    Magic Tomes have been sent now that Elite Runes are live
    Quest issue was sent 25 Stamina. Probably should've sent it to all although takes same time to get either dataset. That said everyone got bonus event tickets due to this "error" so there was also likely no need to compensate in the end. :)
    Tower event has been problematic. we will get it to work!
  • Ooof level 68 VIP 6 :(
  • nru9kgxfcgxc.png
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
    Hey all,

All Level 70 players who are VIP 1 or higher as of 11:59pm CDT Sunday Feb 11, 2018 will receive a special gift:[/b]
    • VIP 1-4 will get 5 Magic Tome
    • VIP 5-9 will get 10 Magic Tomes
    • VIP 10 will get 25 Magic Tomes

The Seasons Boss Leaderboard will eventually be changed such that the minimum requirement will be player level 70.

This is kind of BS. Why is it only lvl 70 with VIP who will recieve this? I am close to level 70 and with the way you guys just nerfed quest XP it will take me even longer to get to 70. Why should i not get the Magic tomes for spending money on this game? Wouldn't you want to encourage me to keep playing when i know i have some hard to get items waiting on me to hit Level 70? I believe you should open this opportunity to all players of VIP status or none.
  • What is the maximum possible gem cost to tune an elite rune? I don't want to start tuning and find I'm stuck with a crappy half-baked rune because I ran out of gems.
  • Yeah, I don't care HOW MANY Magic Tomes they give me, I'm not making any Elite Runes.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't care HOW MANY Magic Tomes they give me, I'm not making any Elite Runes.

you know you want to.
    Look how shiny they are, kitty!
  • AtizZAtizZ Member
    edited March 1
    These runes are the height of impudence...

They´re expensive as F*** and then you still end up with CRAP.

NO guaranteed 4th Stat - RNG that can leave you with rubbish

They´re intended as an Upgrade but in 99% they´re worse than your Superior Runes...

GREAT DEAL - Thanks Dungeon Boss

Whoever is craftin them: Best of luck!

Whoever doesnt: Good choice!
    oNC5bHb.png
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    You guys realize that this is all part of their cycle of devaluation.

1. Start with a horrible/crappy implementation that occasionally provides a slightly better result.

2. Slowly improve the process so that the chance of getting a good result is gradually improved. This was the tuning boost, making upgrades more likely; changing the boost so that it no longer resets; adding a thirteenth step so that Legendary is guaranteed.

3. Completely devalue the ingredients so that the price of entry is less prohibitive. This was the devaluation of gems, making superior shards widely available in event dungeons, and for Ultras, making 3x materials and corrupted hearts available and inexpensive so that the only significant barrier to crafting is the number of gems you have in your inventory.

Technically, combat revamp was also part of the devaluation phase as their changes in the damage calculation also made most of the important stats obsolete and made the previously useless/undesirable traits far more valuable. Also, making all of the runes in existence far less effective was necessary to prepare for step 4.

4. Ratchet up the strength and cost by adding a new tier of rune. This drives people to continue spending to remain competitive. This process should again be outrageously costly and produce often worthless or marginal results. (See step 1.)

I think you're onto something here!!

This is either:

1) A COMPLETELY REVOLUTIONARY IDEA THAT DUNGEON BOSS HAS STUMBLED UPON AND GUARANTEED TO MAKE THEM BILLIONS

or

2) The exact same thing every other similar type game has been doing for the past ten years+ largely led by World of Warcraft.

Definitely one of those two things. I can't quite pin point it however.

• FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    SO basically, you're saying that they INTENTIONALLY start off with an absolutely crappy proposition for us so that when they make it marginally better, slowly approaching what it should have been in the first place, we'll be content?

And that the only real way to get any kind of value / avoid disappointment and frustration is to Idle Heroes this for 8 months and come back and start playing again only after they've revamped the system to give what should have been provided in the first place?

That's kinda crap.

I mean, the idea of including static and disappointment simply to screw early adopters is trash. Don't reward your faithful, your dedicated; treat them like absolute garbage instead so that when the abuse ends and things "improve" it's a relief and people laud you for the effort. Don't even attempt to make a fair/balanced/engaging system, intentionally skew things away from such a system so that the masochists among us can self-abuse and pay our Dominatrix Boss for the privilege?
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited March 1
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    SO basically, you're saying that they INTENTIONALLY start off with an absolutely crappy proposition for us so that when they make it marginally better, slowly approaching what it should have been in the first place, we'll be content?

And that the only real way to get any kind of value / avoid disappointment and frustration is to Idle Heroes this for 8 months and come back and start playing again only after they've revamped the system to give what should have been provided in the first place?

That's kinda crap.

I mean, the idea of including static and disappointment simply to screw early adopters is trash. Don't reward your faithful, your dedicated; treat them like absolute garbage instead so that when the abuse ends and things "improve" it's a relief and people laud you for the effort. Don't even attempt to make a fair/balanced/engaging system, intentionally skew things away from such a system so that the masochists among us can self-abuse and pay our Dominatrix Boss for the privilege?

This is fundamental basic game design for this genre.

Make things expensive/difficult to achieve when first released. Slowly make them cheaper/more accessible over time. Dungeon Boss is hardly breaking new ground here.

Personally I'm a later adopter for most of these things. If you feel the current offers hold enough value to warrant the cost then dive right in, otherwise sit back and let the bigger whales enjoy their play date. I didn't craft a single superior rune until the guaranteed legendary option myself.

I should note that if NO whales took the bait, they'd realize the offers were too stringent and self correct accordingly. As long as people are willing to buy it at that price however... market dictating economics and such.

• Superior runes used to be top gear and cost a max of 2,280 gems (if 13 tunes) plus mat costs.

Now Elites are top gear but have a max cost of what 5,000 gems (not sure since I haven't made one yet) plus even higher mat costs.

If this trend continues, how is it sustainable given that our daily gem acquisition has not increased (decreased actually)? What happens when the next tier of runes come out above Elites, will those have a max cost of 7,500 gems? See where I'm going with this?

Shouldn't the Elite runes have slightly similar costs as Superiors, and all other rune tiers below Elite be scaled down, thus making the non-top tier items more accessible to new players?

edited March 1
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Superior runes used to be top gear and cost a max of 2,280 gems (if 13 tunes) plus mat costs.

Now Elites are top gear but have a max cost of what 5,000 gems (not sure since I haven't made one yet) plus even higher mat costs.

If this trend continues, how is it sustainable given that our daily gem acquisition has not increased (decreased actually)? What happens when the next tier of runes come out above Elites, will those have a max cost of 7,500 gems? See where I'm going with this?

Shouldn't the Elite runes have slightly similar costs as Superiors, and all other rune tiers below Elite be scaled down, thus making the non-top tier items more accessible to new players?

This would be valid argument if you weren't leaving out some key facts.

When superior runes were introduced the best gem deal was $100 for 15k gems

Now the best gem deal is $100 for 50k gems (55k gems rarely).

Gems have been devalued by 333% so multiplying the previous cost by inflation let's fix your numbers.

"Superior runes used to be top gear and cost a max of 7,592 gems (Adjusted for inflation) plus mat costs.

Now Elites are top gear but have a max cost of 5,000 gems plus higher mat costs"

I'd say we are in a considerably cheaper crafting position than when Superior runes came out.

All they effectively did was reduce the value free to play daily handout of gems - but there's still plenty of event avenues for free to play to get top tier runes.

• FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited March 1
    Took the bait? People aren't readily engaging at these prices. They ARE testing the waters to see whether there's any value here and getting absolutely screwed in the process.

I feel bad for people who dump 5K gems into these things and don't at least have a fourth stat. Their shiny new Elite runes are barely better than the plethora of superiors they have in reserve that all have fourth stats.

Same for the people dumping 10K gems into the Elite rune pack to get a bunch of Elusive runes that they'll never use.

There is NO value here yet. Elite Runes are a complete waste of time and gems.
    edited March 1
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Took the bait? People aren't readily engaging at these prices. They ARE testing the waters to see whether there's any value here and getting absolutely screwed in the process.

I feel bad for people who dump 5K gems into these things and don't at least have a fourth stat. Their shiny new Elite runes are barely better than the plethora of superiors they have in reserve that all have fourth stats.

Same for the people dumping 10K gems into the Elite rune pack to get a bunch of Elusive runes that they'll never use.

There is NO value here yet. Elite Runes are a complete waste of time and gems.

I don't disagree with you on elite crafting. I haven't crafted a single one. Some of our members obviously see value however as they have crafted quite a few. Like I said previously - if not enough people are crafting at this cost, adjustments will be made. Just because you (nor I) see the value currently however, does not make that true for everyone.

As for the 10k gem bundles, I think those are the best "grab bag" bundles we've seen yet. I saw numerous grab bag bundles with stellar runes at a massive discount from what it would cost to craft them. Individual examples of poor luck shouldn't be taken used as an example when they swing far from the average result. For every person who got a single elusive someone else got 3+ 5* Elite Legendaries with at least 1 killer 4th stat. I know our guild overall was quite happy with them and bought quite a few.
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited March 1
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Superior runes used to be top gear and cost a max of 2,280 gems (if 13 tunes) plus mat costs.

This would be valid argument if you weren't leaving out some key facts.

When superior runes were introduced the best gem deal was $100 for 15k gems

Now the best gem deal is $100 for 50k gems (55k gems rarely).

Gems have been devalued by 333% so multiplying the previous cost by inflation let's fix your numbers.

"Superior runes used to be top gear and cost a max of 7,592 gems (Adjusted for inflation) plus mat costs.

Now Elites are top gear but have a max cost of 5,000 gems plus higher mat costs"

I'd say we are in a considerably cheaper crafting position than when Superior runes came out.

All they effectively did was reduce the value free to play daily handout of gems - but there's still plenty of event avenues for free to play to get top tier runes.

Good points, agree with that.

So basically if you're free to play, and the game doesn't increase free daily gems, and they keep increasing top end rune costs, you're screwed. lol