Crown changes

13»

Comments

• Kegman913 wrote: »
    One thing to consider about the stamina burn. My mom, a terrible DB player is level 70 and can't beat the tower. She represents a large portion of DB players imo. She was forced to throw *gulp* 38 heroes at the first floor which happened to be a beast team and she doesn't understand how to beat them well even with my guidance.

Point being, not everyone has the tower for +270 stamina a day.

That's pretty amazing tbh

I don't think anyone has the tower for 270 a day.
  • I don't know, man.

I've been angry and upset with various changes in the past. I've been guilty of saying "this change killed the game." But this one, combined with the event, has me feeling really despondent. I'm not feeling all "the end is nigh" this time - but I think it's because I'm losing my capacity to care about this game. I know that there are plans for new content in a month or so, but it feels like this game doesn't currently have a direction. Wasn't the combat update supposed to fix everything? Weren't we going to start getting changes to old heroes with its addition?

I don't want to hear what the next content patch will be. I want to know that the devs are making good on a long-term commitment to fix the game's meta. But they never seem to want to admit that certain heroes are a problem.
  • FIX THIS PLEASE !!!!! I will end up having to be guildless till this is fixed !! Today I decided to go for the crowns like yesterday but with the 2x XP bonus today I'm getting even more XP for doing this. I am levelling up on my own speed and should be allowed this option, but you have made slow levellers guildless with this.
  • It’s taken me more than 2 years to reach level 70. I don’t care if that’s considered slow. I won’t enter the debate over dedication. What I see is that the latest change to the daily quest removes options and eliminates the fun, turning it into a daily resource-sucking slog.

Not every player who isn’t a whale is useless to the health of this game. I have recruited many friends who have gone on to be big spenders. No more. And without the fun, I won’t be here much longer either.
  • I agree with all that's been said. And my guild mates are in agreement. Forcing players to use 100 stamina for the guild quests is a big mistake. They're not gonna do it. And having one of the 10 requirements be Purchase something in the Shop is one I have a big issue with. I don't want to be forced to spend money or game assets I don't want to spend. It's like being indebted to the mob.... gotta make a daily payment or else. It was fine the way it was before it got changed.
  • Potions are cheap, never had an issue with this specific one myself. Eh each there own.
  • Hockeybike wrote: »
    I agree with all that's been said. And my guild mates are in agreement. Forcing players to use 100 stamina for the guild quests is a big mistake. They're not gonna do it. And having one of the 10 requirements be Purchase something in the Shop is one I have a big issue with. I don't want to be forced to spend money or game assets I don't want to spend. It's like being indebted to the mob.... gotta make a daily payment or else. It was fine the way it was before it got changed.

Just for clarification, the "Purchase an item from the Shop" does not mean you have to spend $$. Buy something from the Honor Shop (like the daily gold), or the Pwn Shop (Stamina/Loot Keys) just once qualifies.

I agree with the rest. 100+ stamina/day drain is clearly a way to ensure we can't stock up on resources for major guild events.

I don't mind doing it on the 3x mats days, obviously (though I run each of the Epic Part Dungeons once that day for the totems), but even being a daily Tower player it limits you to a net 85 stamina gain each day Mon - Friday (run the 0 stamina Island dungeons once, then 17 other dungeons for 85 stamina vs. the 170 you get from the Tower), and 80 on the weekends.

In the past, you could get by with 0 stamina spent if you wanted, and have plenty to run all the Evo and Gold dungeons and Boss Epic Part dungeons, AND still have enough to be saving for an event.

Also, it used to be 1 Leo token for 3 dungeons. Now it's 3 for 20? That doesn't seem to be consistent.

This is just like the changes to daily honor; does no good for the community except reduce the amount of resources available so we're more likely to spend $$....which woudl be fine if they didn't jack up the prices on everything recently, including the daily gem awards (seriously, they would do much better if they offered the $2.99 deal again).
  • DB will have to work much harder to get rid me.
  • DB response: "Challenge accepted. Here hold my beer." >:)
  • xandrew29 wrote: »

Just for clarification, the "Purchase an item from the Shop" does not mean you have to spend $$. Buy something from the Honor Shop (like the daily gold), or the Pwn Shop (Stamina/Loot Keys) just once qualifies.

Yeah I know, but, like I said, I don't always want to spend assets(gold, gems, honor...) in the game that I have. If they could institute something like a buy back as credit for shop purchases that would be an option. I currently am maxed out on several potions and I'm sure a lot of players are as well. Since the game won't give you more than 999 potions it would be cool if we could trade those in for credit or something... Aether points, whatever. Just a thought.

Great points, xandrew29, thanks.
  • Hockeybike wrote: »
    xandrew29 wrote: »

Yeah I know, but, like I said, I don't always want to spend assets(gold, gems, honor...) in the game that I have. If they could institute something like a buy back as credit for shop purchases that would be an option. I currently am maxed out on several potions and I'm sure a lot of players are as well. Since the game won't give you more than 999 potions it would be cool if we could trade those in for credit or something... Aether points, whatever. Just a thought.

Great points, xandrew29, thanks.

I would always drop 30k gold on the lame exp potions at the end of the item section of the shop (they don't stop you from buying them if you have the max amount), and then manually run the 0-energy gold island.
  • ^^^ Thanks I like that idea, coneyK!
  • danac wrote: »
    Kegman913 wrote: »
    One thing to consider about the stamina burn. My mom, a terrible DB player is level 70 and can't beat the tower. She represents a large portion of DB players imo. She was forced to throw *gulp* 38 heroes at the first floor which happened to be a beast team and she doesn't understand how to beat them well even with my guidance.

Point being, not everyone has the tower for +270 stamina a day.

That's pretty amazing tbh

I don't think anyone has the tower for 270 a day.

70 stamina for completing tower. 100 from pwnage shop. Math is terrible. 170 stamina a day
  • Kegman913 wrote: »

If a large portion of players are like her, this game is doooomed...

I bet MOST are. most on this board are not, but most are.
  • Looks like they are changing it to 10 dungeons a day (per latest summit log).
  • 10 dungeons are still to much for the same rewards. If you going to make daily longer, then make the rewards better.
  • Part of the problem is that now you have to do 10 specific things each day or you cannot be in a reasonable guild. And this all or nothing means there isn’t any slack. So a fun escape has become a stressful obligation. I am a 41 y/o professional and parent; I don’t need anymore stressful obligations.
  • It takes 5 minutes. If it's so stressful, check out something like Hello Kitty Adventure Island.
  • I heard even kids can be trained to complete 10 dungeons a day. Or do it at work and be like me, a professional DB player.
  • Monkeynuts wrote: »
    It takes 5 minutes. If it's so stressful, check out something like Hello Kitty Adventure Island.

Hello Kitty Island?
    Not stressful?
    ???!
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    I heard even kids can be trained to complete 10 dungeons a day. Or do it at work and be like me, a professional DB player.
    Almost like getting paid to boss fight
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited June 11
    Post from back when this was a thing got approved just now, but appears as though I just made it (and not literally months ago). Please delete.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited June 11
    Post from back when this was a thing got approved just now, but appears as though I just made it (and not literally months ago). Please delete.
13»