Agnon Ascends and Dark Doors Open! [Ticket Shop Extended to Midnight, Keys to Gold Exchange Active]

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
EDIT - 3/12: We will be extending the ticket shop until midnight tonight. In addition, we now have purchases available for you to exchange any excess keys you have for gold. Those will be available until 3pm CST on Tuesday.

Our newest hero, Agnon, the Dark Construct Warrior is now available! To celebrate his release, we'll be having a two-week event celebrating all things Dark, Construct, and Warrior.

The event will look a lot like Winterfest, but replace snow and candy canes with darkness and spooky statues. There will be a hero calendar with doors that can be opened each day with different keys. You'll be able to get bronze keys from each day's quests, and can also buy keys in the shop.

A few important things about this event:
  • This event will involve event tickets. Tickets can be found all over the game, and running dungeons with heroes wearing alternate skins will double the number of tickets you get.
  • There is a guild event associated with the event, similar to the one from Winterfest based on the number of tickets your guild collects. Rewards are based on thresholds, and the rankings are not competitive.
  • If you are in a guild, 50 tickets will be sent to everyone in your guild every time you use a gold key. This is not listed on the door, but you can see who has gotten tickets for your guild by checking the guild chat.
  • You can only open door 1 on day 1. On day 2, you can open door 1 and 2, but can only open door 2 if you've opened door 1. This continues until day 14.
  • On day 14, if you open the last door, they will all reset and you will have the option to open any/all of them again if you so choose, in any order you want.
  • Using gold keys on all 28 doors will allow you to 6-star Agnon AND collect a bonus quest for a Dark Elite Rune!
  • The event shop will be extended at least a day longer than the event itself to give players a chance to spend all their tickets.

---
Extra notes from @xtmn8r

We typically do not mention what is happening in upcoming days however I do want to point out a few specific items that may assist in some planning:

1) On day 13 of the event, all VIP 10 players will be receiving 1 GOLD key.
2) I've seen multiple questions about whether there is a GOLD key during any of the days. There is NOT a Gold key granted on any of the days.
3) We did include one gold key that can be obtained for gems to have another route for a Gold key outside of a direct purchase.

Hope everyone is enjoying the event, door rewards and especially Agnon!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• How are players who received Agnon yesterday for being VIP10 supposed to complete this quest.
    7clpwv8razbh.jpg
    I'd bet anyone who received him yesterday maxed his abilities out.
  • Yup. That's a problem.
  • lythander wrote: »
    How are players who received Agnon yesterday for being VIP10 supposed to complete this quest.
    7clpwv8razbh.jpg
    I'd bet anyone who received him yesterday maxed his abilities out.

@Joel Thoughts?
  • i feel like errors like this happen enough now that they are purposely trolling players. lol
  • FluCityFluCity Member
    edited February 22
    @joel, I actually got him this morning as he was the ten tokens I received when I completed my crowns quests this morning.... thus I already upgraded all of his abilities as well.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    That is an unfortunate side effect from giving him away as a preview last night. The net loss is 1000 tickets and a bronze key. We'll send out some tickets to make up for the quests.
  • Fair enough. Thanks for the quick response. Sending out those tokens early was a really well-received gesture, by the way. :)
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited February 22
    ...and for those of us who have all other heroes' abilities maxed and who will unlock him either with today's or tomorrow's door, can we assume there will be no more quests like this in the next 14 days and so it would be safe to max his abilities?
  • Yeah, I'm one of those players too. I appreciate the sentiment behind letting your most loyal, valued players get to test him out, but this kind of sucks. I'm not the only level 70 in my guild, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's missing out on this quest, which means there's that many more tickets we'll need to make up for to get up the rankings. :neutral:
    @tommmmmmmm As I said, we will be sending out tickets to make up for the quests that you aren't able to claim, so you won't be missing out on anything. Actually, you get a benefit, because the extra tickets will count towards the leaderboards.
  • Joel wrote: »
    @tommmmmmmm As I said, we will be sending out tickets to make up for the quests that you aren't able to claim, so you won't be missing out on anything. Actually, you get a benefit, because the extra tickets will count towards the leaderboards.

Oh! My mistake then. Thanks! And thank you for taking care of this so quickly as well.
  • lythstihllythstihl Member
    edited February 22
    @Joel

Ok I get this game is a business and I get that somehow you guys came up with $200+ is what you want to charge for someone to be able to open all the doors with gold keys. But the fact that the VIP10 got a bonus 10 tokens is kind of negated by the fact that opening every door with a gold key gives an elite rune so VIP10 can't skip a single door and still 6* Anton. If they do they did 27 of 28 to get the rune and that's kinda silly.

Also since it's 28 keys not 24 and one is a freebie and one is tickets and one is gems couldn't the package deal somehow get the other 25 without having to then go and buy some singles? Or could you maybe give one more non-purchased key, maybe there is one, if I recall one of the quests during Winterfest gave a gold key.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • Will we get a free gold key from going a random days quests like in winterfest ? I think on Xmas we got a gold key from quests
    Level - 75
    Guilds - Member in VIP LIFE and officer in VIP Minions
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited February 22
    For reference and some additional info/comments from Joel on this issue here:
    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/58208/day-one-quest-issue
  • RigsRigs Member
    Anyone one else have this problem on "Agnon Origins 4/4: 3-star the Castle Fiddlestorm Dungeon!" I did 3-star, but it is not registering that I did:57rmfsq8eejc.png
    @Rigs Did you 3-star the dungeon before unlocking that step of the quest? Quests only count progress when that step of that quest is active.
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited February 22
    No token refresh on Castle Fiddlestrom? :disappointed:
  • RigsRigs Member
    Joel wrote: »
    @Rigs Did you 3-star the dungeon before unlocking that step of the quest? Quests only count progress when that step of that quest is active.

Yeah, that must have been it. Got ahead of myself a little I guess! We'll give it another go...
    No token refresh on Castle Fiddlestrom? :disappointed:

No refresh for that one. They're meant to be bonus tokens, but the event calendar is meant to be the main way to get Agnon tokens.
  • Will we be able to see Door 2 options without using a key on door 1?
    The doors work the same as the evens in the past, you'll have to unlock the previous day's door to see the next door.
  • If I complete a dungeon with Agnon, Ferno, Solaris and Reindeer Lupina, will I get the ticket bonus, or does it only apply if all four of my heroes have skins?
  • Stinky wrote: »
    If I complete a dungeon with Agnon, Ferno, Solaris and Reindeer Lupina, will I get the ticket bonus, or does it only apply if all four of my heroes have skins?

You should get double tickets at the end as long as 1 hero has a skin. That's how it's always worked in the past. Having 1-4 skins will all net double.
  • Cheers for the help!
  • Also the gargoyles only seem to be dropping tickets . The description of the event said tap gargoyles for jack pot loot , so I’m expecting evos and tokens but those are no where to be seen
    Level - 75
    Guilds - Member in VIP LIFE and officer in VIP Minions
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Some new skins for the Flying heroes would be appreciated soon. Sadly, it'll probably be too late for this event... But I wanted to use Flying teams, and Torchy is the only one with a skin. Skins for Bauble, Ferno, or Solaris would be really cool.
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    PvP raids aren't giving tickets.
  • Are they supposed to? I didn't think they did. Just dungeons and maybe the Tower...
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    It says pvp. I even used 3 skins and got nothing.
  • maybe the PVP reference was to the repeatable quest that's based on winning 4 pvp matches w/the new hero?