Rune Salvage Without Consent

Normally I wouldn't post something like this, but due to the type of rune it is and the issue along with the lack of any help, I'm looking to get some kind of resolution here. The rune that was salvaged without consent was the recent Blue Superior Guild Rune with crit/atk/atk/frz skin,

I was attempting to rune a hero and I accidentally hit "Remove" on the hero rune screen. When the window pops up, the option to unequip or salvage comes up. Since I accidentally hit the "Remove" button, I didn't want to have the rune salvaged or unequipped. Since I'm using an Android phone with a physical back button, which I've used before on other menus in Dungeon Boss, I use the physical back button, which would indicate that you are wanting to cancel the menu and go back.

However, in this instance the menu proceeds forward and salvages the Superior Guild Rune.

I understand there are certain rules that must be followed when a player does actually salvage a rune, but in this instance, the player did not actually consent to salvaging the rune and the rune was salvaged due to a bug in the game.

I did submit a ticket to DB, and what I got back was not very helpful. More or less that I was out of luck due to the "developer set guidelines for crediting".

Now what I'm hoping to have happen in this situation are a few things, which I don't believe is out of the realm of being reasonable.

First: I would like to have the rune back. Since it was a very specific rune that only certain players can have, they can easily validate that I'm not attempting to cheat the system by getting second guild rune. They can check my inventory, see what guild I was in, etc. and confirm everything.

Second: The developer guidelines should be made public, and updated as needed. There's no particular reason why this should be kept private. This can help protect players and understand where they stand in various situations with the game.

Third: Institute a salving confirmation button when salvaging from a hero.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hopefully someone can help you out. That rune is amazing and one of a kind. I’d be livid
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited February 26
    I hope they can help you out and don't just do something stupid and pathetic like offering you 200 gems for your trouble. (You know, to craft another Superior Guild Rune with Freezing Skin!)

Is it just my imagination, but it seems kinda like they didn't used to confirm anything? They currently confirm whether you even want to EQUIP these kinds of runes, right? It seems ludicrous that they don't confirm you REALLY want to salvage a rune, especially since that action is permanent and unrecoverable. I've heard quite a few people report accidentally salvaging the wrong runes lately.

@Joel surely there's something that you guys can do to help recover from this kind of a situation, especially if the game is at fault for salvaging a one of a kind rune like this.
  • Happened to me twice...

That sucks - why do i have to confirm when i EQUP a rune - but Salvagin not?
    oNC5bHb.png
  • It’s not like ge can just buy/craft another one of these runes. @Joel @xtmn8r, is there any way that this can be looked into and possibly reversed?
  • jason58 wrote: »
    It’s not like ge can just buy/craft another one of these runes. @Joel @xtmn8r, is there any way that this can be looked into and possibly reversed?

Well i would be comfortable when they implement a failover like - "do you really want to salvage this rune?"
    oNC5bHb.png
  • @Joel or @xtmn8r

Has this been looked into yet?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I don't have a time frame that I can promise at this point, but it's something we are actively looking at.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Thank you for your response, as long as it's something that's being looked into I understand that there's a process for it.

Let me know if you need anything from be to help expedite the process.

In the meantime I have also not claimed the reward for salvaging a legendary superior rune, as this quest was completed due to the bugged salvaged rune.
  • I think Joel is saying they are looking into the issue of salvaging runes without confirmation.

I would not keep your fingers crossed about getting the rune back. We've had multiple guild mates do the exactly same thing and CS tells them all it can't be replaced. It's been a known issue for months now but fingers crossed a fix can be implemented soon! (It's strange because a confirmation box used to exist for a long time).

Anyways didn't want you to get your hopes up! Good lucky though >.< Maybe CS will have changed their tune.
  • Yeah, they no longer confirm before salvage, but ooooh noooo! they're super cautious and confirm before equipping the thing. Wouldn't want you to accidentally waste any gold when you have to pay to unequip it.
  • @Joel can you confirm what @MattCauthron said?

Considering it was a very unique rune that has only been awarded once, it would be easy to confirm things to see if that is the rune I should have or not.

In addition, this wasn't an accidental salvage in my part, but a bug in the game which caused this grievance.
  • ng51386 wrote: »
    @Joel can you confirm what @MattCauthron said?

Considering it was a very unique rune that has only been awarded once, it would be easy to confirm things to see if that is the rune I should have or not.

In addition, this wasn't an accidental salvage in my part, but a bug in the game which caused this grievance.

Oh! This is a little different. Perhaps you'll have better luck due to the different fact pattern. Either way hoping it works out for you. That'd be extra **** considering it was a weird android issue.
    That's customer support's call, not mine, though I'm guessing they probably won't be able to compensate you, since it wasn't a glitch. I'm sure the salvaging was unintentional, but we open ourselves up to a lot of risk if we compensate players who salvage runes accidentally. This is why we're looking into an extra confirmation for salvaging.
  • This was caused by a glitch in the game.

I did not press the salvage button, instead I pressed the back button on my phone, which in other instances in the game closes out the box, and does not cause any action, in essence hitting the x button in the top right corner.

In this instance though, pressing the back button caused the rune to be salvaged.

@Joel I have contacted customer support, but per their words, the "developer set guidelines for crediting" do not allow them to compensate in any instance.

How does it make sense that I should lose this rune when in fact I never pressed the salvage button? When pressing the physical back button on a phone, the current window should close out and there should be no actual action taken by the game.
    This was caused by a glitch in the game.

I did not press the salvage button, instead I pressed the back button on my phone, which in other instances in the game closes out the box, and does not cause any action, in essence hitting the x button in the top right corner.

In this instance though, pressing the back button caused the rune to be salvaged.

@Joel I have contacted customer support, but per their words, the "developer set guidelines for crediting" do not allow them to compensate in any instance.

How does it make sense that I should lose this rune when in fact I never pressed the salvage button? When pressing the physical back button on a phone, the current window should close out and there should be no actual action taken by the game.

First see if you can recreate the issue. Slap on a lesser common rune on an unused hero, and then unequip it and hit the back button again. If you can consistently produce the same results of runes being salvaged, then I'd make a video somehow showing that in other instances of the game, hitting the back button will cancel the action, but doing so with the rune unequip/salvage screen will just salvage it.
  • Per @shiggity80 suggestion, I have created a video.

Approximately 30 seconds shooting two salvages. The first showing a salvage when the back button is pressed and another when the salvage button is pressed.

The first instance does not show the salvage button being pressed, whereas the second instance does show the button being pressed.
  • @ng51386 Here's your solution...open a new ticket, lie and say you unequipped it, and it is no longer in your inventory...i.e. a salvage glitch.
    o3etqqdlgz6l.jpg
  • Rolla8 wrote: »
    @ng51386 Here's your solution...open a new ticket, lie and say you unequipped it, and it is no longer in your inventory...i.e. a salvage glitch.

Except all prior tickets are kept on file and almost certainly pulled up when looking into an account... I would not suggest pissing off CS towards your account for all time.
  • Rolla8 wrote: »
    @ng51386 Here's your solution...open a new ticket, lie and say you unequipped it, and it is no longer in your inventory...i.e. a salvage glitch.

Except all prior tickets are kept on file and almost certainly pulled up when looking into an account... I would not suggest pissing off CS towards your account for all time.

Not to mention that would be unethical.
  • dvd54407dvd54407 Member
    @ng51386 can you share/post the video here?
  • ng51386ng51386 Member
    edited March 1
    Wasn't able to upload it, but here is a link to download/view

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aqs9JN0I_7_7zWKznyM4cXfvDJZL

@Joel please review and you'll see it is a bug and not an accidental salvage.
    Wasn't able to upload it, but here is a link to download/view

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aqs9JN0I_7_7zWKznyM4cXfvDJZL

@Joel please review and you'll see it is a bug and not an accidental salvage.

In my opinion, I think you case that this is a "glitch". It can be seen that on the first salvage, you did not press the salvage button or any on screen button, and used the "back" button on your phone which resulted in an automatic salvage. The 2nd time you removed a rune, you can see the salvage button being depressed.
  • ng51386ng51386 Member
    @Joel now that it's been confirmed that there's a bug and customer support isn't able to compensate due to what they're saying as developer set guidelines for crediting, and for to the type if rune it is, will I be able to receive support for this now?
    @Joel @xtmn8r

Once you fix the various "salvaging runes" bugs (@ng51386's issue, as well as the lack of confirmation when salvaging from the equipped state), I thought of an interesting idea for CS to address this in the future.

I assume that, right now, rune salvaging is a hard delete. You are removing the row from the database table, which is unrecoverable.

What if you changed the mechanics to a Soft delete? Add a flag in the table, and salvaging the rune sets the flag = TRUE, hiding it from the front-end interface. If you're concerned about table size or storage, add a daily script that hard deletes runes that have been soft deleted for over 10 days. Then give CS the ability to update that flag to restore the rune in these instances of accidental deletion.

CS wouldn't have to send runes through the mail; the risk of customer abuse/fraud is drastically mitigated; you can now verify the deletion and undo it, instead of issuing new comp; developers wouldn't have to be involved for cases like ng's. It literally solves every problem or concern you previously raised on this matter.
    Apologies for not being clearer in my previous responses. The back button has worked this way on Android by design for some time. That being said, we understand that it is confusing and are looking into changing the functionality.
    "Working As Intended".

Will @ng51386 be able to get support for restoring the rune to his inventory? While you may consider this "working as intended" and, by virtue, the result of "user error" and not a bug, that perspective is wholly unacceptable. It's broken functionality; a developer-designed defect.
  • dvd54407 wrote: »
    "Working As Intended".

Will @ng51386 be able to get support for restoring the rune to his inventory? While you may consider this "working as intended" and, by virtue, the result of "user error" and not a bug, that perspective is wholly unacceptable. It's broken functionality; a developer-designed defect.

I hope he gets his rune back, but I am fairly certain they won't do anything about it. It seems like if they gave him the rune, they would be opening the door to many others wanting to get comped and could turn into a nightmare.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    If he got his rune back, no one would ever know, right? Because you can’t disclose any kind of compensation handed out by customer service. Just sayin’.