The same old day in Tower of Pwnage

8qko9nip6ve1.png

A fun way to play Tower of Pwnage is to spam Solaris as often you can. This picture shows something you see everyday when you play ToP. It really sucks cause even though I have Lord Zomm which can counter Solaris, seeing Solaris 50% of the time is really annoying and also bad design. I don't want complain about Solaris himself. I want to complain about him beeing overused in ToP. I would like to see other team comps than always the same like for example: Full Undead Team, Freeze Team, etc.
I hope ToP get changed in the near future to make atleast a little bit fun for us players.

Comments

• kmobkmob Member
    Yea it's at the point I'm lucky to get past the 6th floor. Kinda a buzzkill for me too. My other new pastime now is spending millions avoiding op beast teams in pvp. I can handle a couple of em but now it seems to be all there is a majority of the time.

I don't frequent these forums but am glad to see I'm not the only one that experiences this. Don't mind a challenge at all but I don't even come close to clearing now when I would fail a couple times a week.

This is maybe my favorite game ever for Android but this beast team bandwagon is killing it fast for me.

And all the beast team owners can save it with me because Im sure I would be mad too if I had a good thing goin that nobody could beat. I don't blame anyone for being on the beastwagon. ..if I had grog I might too.
  • Out of interest KLGamet, what level are you? I'm guessing mid 50s based on the tower opponents' levels.

I've been playing over two years, and long before runes and epic weapons were introduced I hit level 70, still the current maximum.

When I was still levelling up I couldn't guarantee finishing the tower until I hit level 65. I frequently used sacrifice heroes like Phemus, Phenol and Stone Fist to just absorb the early special attacks, until I was able to create an autorun team that could do every floor and survive.

That said, some of the heroes and team combinations that now make the tower challenging did not exist. No Solaris, Goretusk or Lily, for example. No reptiles either, who still occasionally make an appearance for me.

Once I hit level 65 I found I could do the tower without using sacrifices and have never missed a day since. This was mainly due to levelling up, since at level 50 I would still get level 70 opposing floors occasionally which were totally unbeatable, but at player level 65 the level 70s are more manageable even if you lose a hero or two. There was also the factor of an increasingly diverse and powerful roster, and then of runes and epics.

At this point I have all the heroes, almost all 6*, all the available epics at level 12, and I can usually run the tower without losing more then one or two heroes at worst, no matter how many Solaris teams there are. Many of the lesser heroes I have with no runes attached, or not a full set, as I sometimes strip them off to use elsewhere. I don't autorun anymore, too risky and slow, but my primary team of Shade Shadowblade Dhaegon and Zomm will clear most floors.

Yesterday I could almost have failed. I lost my whole primary team and then Solaris and Leonidas in the early floors to Lily's Sapping Vines. After that I had to cobble together teams specifically for each floor, using an all elf team one time (Indigo silenced Igorok, and later Daeris cleared the room). Later I used an all water team, including Icebloom at one point (until she also died).

So even at level 70 with all the heroes, all maxed epics, and my most frequently used heroes sporting all 5* superior legendary runes, it got tighter than usual, but I was a long way from running out of options.

I agree that seeing Solaris, Goretusk, Grog-Gnog and Lily or Koros multiple times gets tedious, but that's it is right now. With a strong roster the tower can still be beaten consistently.

• KLGametKLGamet Member
    Barleyman wrote: »
    Out of interest KLGamet, what level are you? I'm guessing mid 50s based on the tower opponents' levels.

I agree that seeing Solaris, Goretusk, Grog-Gnog and Lily or Koros multiple times gets tedious, but that's it is right now. With a strong roster the tower can still be beaten consistently.

I don't want to say that the Tower is to hard or anything like that. I'm lvl 58 and I know I can't beat the tower but the Solaris Team are just rediculus and you get bored quite fast of seeing this everyday.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    KLGamet wrote: »
    I don't want to say that the Tower is to hard or anything like that. I'm lvl 58 and I know I can't beat the tower [...]
    Hey now, that's not true, unless something major changes in 4 levels' time. You can do it! You just need a source of team-wide damage reduction, so that you can lifesteal any damage that comes Zomm's way. Goretusk is the obvious one, but you can get Ferno from the current event, too. What characters do you have?
  • KLGametKLGamet Member
    My Main Characters are Zomm, Shade, Pontifex, Brom, Igorok, Yorick and Grog-Gnog. At the moment I'm trying to ascend Goretusk because his Taunt-Passive fits very well in my PVP-Team. Zomm and Shade are Epic.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Once you get Gore up and running, you'll be able to do the tower daily. Good luck!
  • Today I lost Shade, Hopper Dagrund and Zomm, all on level 4 to Lily's sapping vines, with her hiding behind Goretusk so I couldn't stop them.

Consequently I lost a total of 13 heroes on the way to the top, but still made it. It was kind of fun figuring out teams to get through, but still had a lot of options.

• KLGametKLGamet Member
    Wow. Today there were 3 Floors with the same team: Solaris, Goretusk , Grog-Gnog and Lily. Wtf who creates these Team Comps?
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited March 11
    You seem pretty unlucky. I only had one pure beast team today (Leo as the fourth beast) and it was all the way down at floor six, so they weren't even a speed bump. I also had Sol/Gore/Grog + Shade on floor ten, but my Agnon had Terrorstorm up so that was that. The worst floor for me was floor eight, which had Agnon up first (Agnon/Mangle Jaw(!?)/Grog/Ferno). You can't throw cannon fodder at him; because of his low cooldowns, Plummet will be straight back up after he's done Hardened Assault. In fact it's counterproductive to throw sacrifices at Agnon, because at least Plummet is single target. I guess I need to do something with my Shadowblade, he's been sitting at level thirty-something for ages and living off of table scraps. (Grog-Gnog's a messy eater.)