Daylight Savings Tower/Crowns bug

Daylight savings time seems to have caused some players' Towers (among other things) to not reset. Shop and dungeon refreshes and PvP reward collection times are also affected.

In addition to making people miss out on a Tower run, this bug is causing people to not be able to collect Crowns.

Several players reported being affected yesterday. At least one player I know who wasn't affected yesterday got the bug today.

My guild missed 10,500 because of this issue. :(

@Joel @xtmn8r
Tagged:

Comments

• Our guild also missed 10,500 because of this issue.
  • xtmn8rxtmn8r Member, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We are looking into it and will update once we have more info. It would be great to hear from people who did have the issue. Looking to understand why it happened to them. Are they are in a state/country that does NOT have daylight savings, device isnt set to automatically adjust for daylight savings, has changed timezones in last 7days, etc. Everyone here did not have an issue so trying to track down some leads. Thanks!
  • oredithoredith Member
    I personally changed time zones 4 times in the last week due to business (PST -> EST -> MST -> EST -> PST), was shafted out of crown one of the days, which i didn't even realize until I checked the crowns on saturday. on saturday, my quests reset at 9pm while I was frantically trying to complete the day once i realized that it was missing a day of crowns from earlier in the week (presumably when I logged out immediately after turn in, in order to switch to my alt to get in the crowns on that account).

missed saturday's crown by like 3 minutes just past 9pm local time, and ended the week at 205 crowns.. -_-
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • kknightkknight Member
    I have not changed time zones. Saturday to Sunday I had no problems. Today most things did not reset including the Tower and Pawn shop. I have done a game restart and device (kindle 8) restart with no success. Live in South Dakota.
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    edited March 12
    @xtmn8r Two people who've reported the issue in my guild family are both Eastern TZ (but so am I, and I didn't get the bug). They didn't do any traveling. We've ruled out devices not properly changing with daylight savings.

A number of people who were affected yesterday said they were playing at quest reset on the night of the time change.

Edit: One of the EST people got this issue yesterday and the other got it today.
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    From a guildie:

"I have two accounts on two different apple devices. On my iPad (main acct) my quests reset at 1am instead of midnight. On my phone (alt) they reset at midnight. Im in Indiana so dst means I'm Central now."
  • @xtmn8r it has something to do with moving ahead a "time zone" (Daylight Savings or west-to-east travel).

I have not been hit by the Daylight Savings bug YET, but this past Christmas, I travelled from MST to EST in the US. I recall I was logged in during reset one day (not sure if that has to do with it), and nothing actually reset during that time - tower still done, purchases still greyed out due to limits, raid ticket refresh still at 80, etc.

I do NOT, however, experience the same issue when traveling back from EST to MST.
  • I was not upset the first time the tower messed up but this is ridiculous now tftudrbba4zr.png
    36s7rqyp3zlh.png
  • Rolla8Rolla8 Member
    @xtmn8r I had the issue with nothing resetting. Island dungeons, shop purchases, etc.

I am CST.
    I have not physically changed time zones recently.
    I have not done the TMZ change trick.
    My device is automatically set to update Daylight Saving Time.
    o3etqqdlgz6l.jpg
  • ATORATOR Member
    My issue with tower refresh happened last knight not Saturday night.
  • ATOR wrote: »
    My issue with tower refresh happened last knight not Saturday night.

transformers-the-last-night.jpg?w=736

Optimus?
  • Dz89Dz89 Member
    My tower did not reset, my island dungeons did not reset, the refresh cost for pvp did not reset, and I won’t be be able to finish my dailies. I got my daily quests at 1 am, as was expected, and I got the evo island, but that’s all. I did not change time zones, but did experience daylight saving.
  • xtmn8r wrote: »
    We are looking into it and will update once we have more info. It would be great to hear from people who did have the issue. Looking to understand why it happened to them. Are they are in a state/country that does NOT have daylight savings, device isnt set to automatically adjust for daylight savings, has changed timezones in last 7days, etc. Everyone here did not have an issue so trying to track down some leads. Thanks!

Remained in central server time, tower, aether ship, pwn shop, gem cost for raid tickets, and any dungeons I did on Sunday did not reset
  • Saturday:
    19:00:00 Local Time
    00:00 00 Tablet Time - Standard Reset Time
    Complete Tower, Complete quests, Complete dungeons

Sunday:
    18:30:00 Local Time - Log in and see reset time is still 90 minutes away. Close application
    22:30 00 Tablet Time
    Adjust time on device to 1 hour ahead.
    New Tablet Time: 23:30

20:30:00 Local Time - Log in.
    01:30:00 Tablet Time
    New quests available.
    No New Tower Available. Says available in 20 hours 30 minutes
    No Dungeons have reset. Says available in 20 hours 30 minutes
    No shop purchases have reset. Says available in 20 hours 30 minutes
  • EngWizEngWiz Member
    I had the same issue. No tower or token reset. I was on EST.
  • I am EST my issue is essentially exactly like JaxBoomstick. No Dugeon's reset, no tower reset, nomshop purchases reset. Quests did reset but 1 AM instead of midnight. I got my VIP keys at midnight oddly. My new plagued island opened at 1 AM.

Currently it's about 4 hours till daily quests reset and I can't do a tower level which means I can't get my 35 crown quest done and lose 50 more gems on top of the tower gems lost and the stamina for running the tower and the stamina I would have purchased in the tower,
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • My islands and Tower shop have not reset. I am in the middle of the Tower, so I don't know if there would be a problem if I finished it. Pretty sure my quests and dungeon are refreshing at the correct time. I live in the Central time zone, my device adjusted for Daylight Savings time automatically, and I have not travelled to another time zone.
  • I was playing before midnight as well and the daily quests didn't reset until 1 a.m. I haven't changed time zones at all and I'm on mountain time.

Also, gold and xp island didn't reset and neither did the shops. I don't seem to be missing any crowns though.
  • SyavanSyavan Member
    I'm in PDT. Shops and tower did not reset for me today.
  • The missing crowns are because people are receiving their daily quests but not getting a new tower to be able to complete one of them. So the “all or nothing” crowns can’t be collected by anyone who hasn’t banked a tower.
  • I "lost" a tower -- is there an appropriate step to take to get the missing stamina and gems?

• No, that missing tower will show up for an hour sometime late this week. Watch for it near your daily reset. As long as you start it, the next day's tower should stack.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    No, that missing tower will show up for an hour sometime late this week. Watch for it near your daily reset. As long as you start it, the next day's tower should stack.

i think this may have happened to me. I traveled this sunday from CST to PST and I got an extra tower. Whenever I travel, I try to get all my crowns and tower done before I fly out to a different time zone. And then when they reset, I try my best to complete those right away as well. Anything to help reduce the chance of me missing out on something.
  • FaydenFayden Member
    Having reset issue on my account today as well. Same symptoms as others (tower and campaign dungeons never reset from yesterday). Never pulled the time zone change trick ever, so that isn't the cause. My guess is related to the fact that I was playing last night through midnight, then refreshed the game when I saw nothing reset. I'm pretty sure I shut down before 1am, and logged in this morning to see no changes.
  • Has a fix been found for this? I'm going to be pretty bummed if I miss out on my gems and agnon tokens for completing the guild - daily completion just because I can't do the checking out the tower daily.
  • This happened to me last night/today. Same symptoms as above. No refresh of tower, pvp ticket purchases, aether purchases, etc. Now I can't complete my daily guild quest. I did not switch time zones, but I may have been playing at the time of the daily quest reset.
  • xtmn8rxtmn8r Member, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We've tracked the issue down to either an archaic premise of daylight savings or Leprechaun O'Tsume. Neither of which is worth discussing in detail. :-)
    It is too messy to figure out who is in/out of this max crown scenario, would've/could've completed all 210 crowns and if so would it have impacted their guild results. So instead, we're just going to send some rewards to anyone who collected 175 or more guild crowns (35 below max crowns of 210).

Rewards:
    1 Portal Pull
    250K gold
    10 Hagrim tokens
    4 Raid tickets

We should hopefully have that out today. While I'm here, U want to note that we should also be sending out comp to those who had the Season Rune shop issue last season.
  • TY @Joel and @xtmn8r

And please keep up those patch notes with the DBJGB they are much appreciated
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited March 14
    Fantastic on the find, the fix and the compensation.