What does Skill work on besides the obvious crit and healing.

A couple questions on skill's effect on buffing allies.
Does it increase Pig's Hog Wild "50% chance to attack again" trait (or any beast's Pack Tactics proc chance)?
Does it increase Lupina's 25% damage trait?
Does it increase Grog's Large and in Charge traits stats?
Does it increase Solaris' Mythical Beast team health trait or their defense buff after she sacrifices herself?
Also does it make damage reduction stats like Flying or Magical increase?
Tagged:

Comments

  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited April 9
    It increases damage and effectiveness of buffs/debuffs without fixed stats. Increased dodge, increased chance of applying debuff, increased DOT from debuff, increased healing, increased shroud protection, etc.

    It does not affect Pignius’ Hog Wild, however does increase Beastial Roar buff. It does not affect Lupina’s 25% damage, however does increase fear debuff.

    In other words, Skill does not have an effect on passives with fixed stats that are static with level change.

    Edit: apparently does affect fixed stats.
    Post edited by MonkeyHunter on
  • Ok thanks.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    • Doesn't increase Hog Wild chance.
    • Does increase Lupina's damage passive.
    • Does increase Large & in Charge.
    • Does increase both Solaris effects mentioned.
    • Doesn't affect flying/armored/magical, but will affect active damage reduction effects, like Kai's drenched or shade's shroud.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    It used to increase the % increase of Ember's atk bonus from her first ability. Not sure if that was changed or not. I used to have all skill on her and the increase seemed pretty massive.
  • Joel wrote: »
    • Does increase Lupina's damage passive.
    • Does increase Large & in Charge.
    • Does increase both Solaris effects mentioned.
    Wow, good to know.
  • So Lupina could be given pure skill rather than damage to make Grog Gnog and Goretusk do huge damage. Might be better than Pignius' chance for bonus hits.
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    edited April 9
    Are these tho only increases? Nothing else mentioned here? I've seen some wicked healing on Solaris lately, like almost dead Solaris fully healing without a kill. Also I thought Shrouded was always 27%? What about Pontifex undead fervor? Doesn't say an amount.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    It used to increase the % increase of Ember's atk bonus from her first ability. Not sure if that was changed or not. I used to have all skill on her and the increase seemed pretty massive.

    It should still increase it, as it’s an applied buff.

    You know what would be nice? If we could tap and hold on buffs/debuffs to see their stats. Like if we could tap on a Diseased hero’s ‘Disease’ debuff to see just how much their Atk and Healing have been reduced by.
  • L0rdL33tL0rdL33t Member
    Does skill increase Poison and Shock damage? Or does attack do that?
  • Skill should increase Poison damage. Shock takes the damage of the hero the debuff is on.
  • and what about alex dmg reflection and braumble abs of steel?
  • Mati01Mati01 Member
    Skill definetly increases Poison damge, well most of the times, and not always the same amount. My Phenol with a few skill runes has his poison skin cause a 800 damage per turn poison (not effected by skill). Can cause over 3000 damage per turn with his first and around 1500 damage per turn poison with his second ability. Which is random as hell and no amount of testing helped me clear why the second 2 increases, and why they increase in a different fashion.
  • Mati01 wrote: »
    Skill definetly increases Poison damge, well most of the times, and not always the same amount. My Phenol with a few skill runes has his poison skin cause a 800 damage per turn poison (not effected by skill). Can cause over 3000 damage per turn with his first and around 1500 damage per turn poison with his second ability. Which is random as hell and no amount of testing helped me clear why the second 2 increases, and why they increase in a different fashion.

    skill of enemy hero reduce your ability dmg, so vs high skill it deals less dmg.
  • li30li30 Member
    edited June 10
    DevilJhons wrote: »
    skill of enemy hero reduce your ability dmg, so vs high skill it deals less dmg.

    Really ? it sounds like what def job to reduce dmg, not skill does, could u give more detailed explanation
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Does Hopper's skill...

    a) increase her chance to apply Disease? (Guessing yes)
    b) increase her Disease's potency? (No idea)
    c) decrease the liklihood of her getting Diseased? (Guessing no)
  • Stinky wrote: »
    Does Hopper's skill...

    a) increase her chance to apply Disease? (Guessing yes)
    b) increase her Disease's potency? (No idea)
    c) decrease the liklihood of her getting Diseased? (Guessing no)

    Yes to all unless her skill is way under the enemies in C.
  • Mati01Mati01 Member
    DevilJhons wrote: »
    Mati01 wrote: »
    Skill definetly increases Poison damge, well most of the times, and not always the same amount. My Phenol with a few skill runes has his poison skin cause a 800 damage per turn poison (not effected by skill). Can cause over 3000 damage per turn with his first and around 1500 damage per turn poison with his second ability. Which is random as hell and no amount of testing helped me clear why the second 2 increases, and why they increase in a different fashion.

    skill of enemy hero reduce your ability dmg, so vs high skill it deals less dmg.

    But as i sad abilities deal more skill based damage than traits and even different abilities against the same hero deal drastically different dot damage.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Stinky wrote: »
    Does Hopper's skill...

    a) increase her chance to apply Disease? (Guessing yes)
    b) increase her Disease's potency? (No idea)
    c) decrease the liklihood of her getting Diseased? (Guessing no)

    Yes to all unless her skill is way under the enemies in C.

    No wonder I've never gotten Hopper very far, then, I've tended to go with raw +crit% rather than skill. D'oh.
  • li30 wrote: »
    DevilJhons wrote: »
    skill of enemy hero reduce your ability dmg, so vs high skill it deals less dmg.

    Really ? it sounds like what def job to reduce dmg, not skill does, could u give more detailed explanation

    high skill reduce chance of being frozen, diesed, dazed etc, also it reduce amount of weakening abilities, such as minus atck, def and so on, probably skill affects crit chance on you, def stat doesnt affect this chances.
    also def doesnt affect magic atc at all, if you meant dr, than dr do affect. And may be mistaken, that skill reduce dmg amount of abilities.
  • Mati01 wrote: »
    DevilJhons wrote: »
    Mati01 wrote: »
    Skill definetly increases Poison damge, well most of the times, and not always the same amount. My Phenol with a few skill runes has his poison skin cause a 800 damage per turn poison (not effected by skill). Can cause over 3000 damage per turn with his first and around 1500 damage per turn poison with his second ability. Which is random as hell and no amount of testing helped me clear why the second 2 increases, and why they increase in a different fashion.

    skill of enemy hero reduce your ability dmg, so vs high skill it deals less dmg.

    But as i sad abilities deal more skill based damage than traits and even different abilities against the same hero deal drastically different dot damage.

    i didn't use dot abilities at all, but quiet sure they can crit, so that mat be couse of their different dmg amount
  • Mati01Mati01 Member
    DevilJhons wrote: »
    Mati01 wrote: »
    DevilJhons wrote: »
    Mati01 wrote: »
    Skill definetly increases Poison damge, well most of the times, and not always the same amount. My Phenol with a few skill runes has his poison skin cause a 800 damage per turn poison (not effected by skill). Can cause over 3000 damage per turn with his first and around 1500 damage per turn poison with his second ability. Which is random as hell and no amount of testing helped me clear why the second 2 increases, and why they increase in a different fashion.

    skill of enemy hero reduce your ability dmg, so vs high skill it deals less dmg.

    But as i sad abilities deal more skill based damage than traits and even different abilities against the same hero deal drastically different dot damage.

    i didn't use dot abilities at all, but quiet sure they can crit, so that mat be couse of their different dmg amount

    Nah the dot damage from skills is consistent per skill but inconsistent why said skill deal that consistent amount of damage. Also crit doesent seem to affect dots. Nor skill seem to reduce dot damage by a significant amount (it might reduce it by a slight bit)
  • DevilJhonsDevilJhons Member
    edited June 13
    хз
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc. ; Boss Fight, the Boss Fight logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc., used with permission www.bossfight.com