Dungeon Boss Board Game coming to Kickstarter

Didn't see a topic on this yet, but Petersen games (the guys who did Cthulhu Wars, among other games) has a kickstarter starting up on April 16th for a Dungeon Boss board game in case folks are interested. Here's a link to a youtube video announcing it:

Tagged:

Comments

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Ta-da! I'll be posting a dedicated thread about it here on Monday. We're thrilled to be working with Petersen Games and have some very fun stuff planned for the Kickstarter. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • almalikalmalik Member
    Awesome choice of designer\publisher for sure! Cthulhu Wars rocks! I just hope there are no early birds (or if there are, they are the pledge in the first 24\48 hr kind)!

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    If you want new heroes, will they cost as much as the mobile game or can you mine tokens?
  • It’s Dungeon Boss Monopoly, whoever ends up with all the money is the Big Fish. All the other players are just bankrupt
  • Ive backed many board / card games over kickstarter as well as PC games. Board games have almost always delivered even with slight delays . PC games , I have a few backed projects that are tremendously behind schedule with far and few updates on progress.
    In the end I love having collectible physical board games with many pieces and accessories .

Watching the video , it was said That the higher the tier you back the more figurines and boss battles you will get. We will see what they mean by this in a few days !

Very excited, @Joel exclusive skin for a hero redeemable at a certain tier yes ?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I cannot comment on any specifics until the Kickstarter goes live on Monday.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Glad to see this was mentioned on the forums. :smile:
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    zqb5cd9hlg1n.png
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I'm confused. Everything comes in the box, but backing it will get you more characters and bosses?

So... everything doesn't come in the box.
  • Joel wrote: »
    I cannot comment on any specifics until the Kickstarter goes live on Monday.

Joel serve and protec
  • danacdanac Member
    shiggity80 wrote: »

"More bosses- that's kinda out specialty"

errr, how many different bosses are there in DB?
    really only a few, the rest of derivatives of existing toons.
    So are you saying your specialty is taking a low level toon and adding a buff or two and calling it a boss?
  • AnûbisAnûbis Member
    And just like the real game, every new hero only cost $9999.99.... epics not included in that price.
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited April 16
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1816687860/dungeon-boss-the-board-game

For $249 you get a Leo Skin.

Hmm.....

Edit: Maybe I'm reading it wrong...could be a skin for everyone in game once the board game gets funded, which would be great :)
  • @shiggity80 Every player gets the skin once it is funded, yes. :smile:

Did you take a look at what the pledges contain? It has an Epic Boss never before seen.
    zqb5cd9hlg1n.png
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited April 16
    Ouch. $100 minimum for a board game. Seems a little high. Bonus 800 VIP points?
  • Ouch. $100 minimum for a board game. Seems a little high.

Yeah, definitely pricey compared to like Monopoly or something.

However, I wonder how it compares to other strategy games like Warhammer or something. Are those types of games also at this price level?

• Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    i just want a dark mage kobal or shade figurine xD
  • So is "Heila Bladestorm" currently in the game?

Asking cause I haven't finished all the Boss Mode levels, so maybe she's in there somewhere?
  • No, she’s not in the game. I think this is a hint of future content.
    zqb5cd9hlg1n.png
  • Normal kickstarter pricing for board games with figures, I expected a few more tiers before the inevitable come and hang with us in awkward social situations tier
    Helia looks like she would benefit healer team or Zen. Is this Abigail's sister?
  • ZWendyZWendy Member
    New legendary green hero.... perhaps.
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
    The Tatar Squad
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    She looks Light or Fire if anything. But maybe also Flying like Zen. Perhaps while Zen represents peace and calm, she represents war and destruction? Potentially a new hero, I hope. Maybe they’ll have synergies with Zen, Takumi, Sifu, Yoko, and the other western-culture-inspired heroes.
  • Black Diamond’s primary ability is called Blade Storm. Maybe she and Helia are related?
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited April 17
    -
  • It's going to be an epic boss in the board game and probably the game. Maybe it could be a 3-month-apart event where if you beat her you get her tokens. This would be a cool new way to earn heroes instead of "oh here's some doors for a free hero" or portals, year-round dungeons, or stores.
    Black Diamond’s primary ability is called Blade Storm. Maybe she and Helia are related?

What if they ARE related and that's the new nature hero, a warrior rogue that buffs all the other rogues, is stronger defensively AND the skin of Helia in the board game is ACTUALLY an unlockable skin and not what the original Helia looks like? BUMBUMBUUUUUM!

Mystery solved, I win, gimme the hero before everyone else because I'm also a VIP xD
  • Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-960x640.jpg
  • Ouch. $100 minimum for a board game. Seems a little high. Bonus 800 VIP points?

$100 is about normal for custom board games with custom figures these days. Especially if they are painted figures (no love for those of us who like to paint figures. They better be top notch, since the models are square and the paint scheme is really basic

I'd sign on if they maybe went back to the old daily quest rotation. 1 Gem per 25 XP isn't worth playing this game.