Ideas to Improve Leonidus

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
edited April 24 in Feedback & Suggestions
Title says it all. He's got a new skin, Agnon to deal with, and a whole lot of other reasons why he needs a buff.

Suggestions:

+ Make Leonidus Legendary
+ Greatly increased Atk and Def
+ Moderately increased Hp and Skill

Passive Abilities:

Pack Divinity I and II - Unlocked at 1A, upgraded at 2A. Pack Divinity heals Beast allies by a moderate amount at the start of every turn.
Rage Against the Dying of the Light - For every Light ally that is dead on Leo's team, he gains +50% Atk and Def, and +15% Crit.
Shocking Fur - Chance to Shock on basic attacks, and when hit by Melee attackers.
Avatar of Light (Reworked) - Light allies do not take extra elemental damage from Dark enemies. Additionally, grants Light allies +40% Health, and makes Light allies Invincible for 1 turn when entering a dungeon or raid.
Secret to Eternal Life (Reworked) - When Leo dies, revives 2 allies. When on a team with Solaris, revives all allies. When reviving Light or Beast allies, grants them the 'Eternal Life' buff, which reduces damage they take by [45%] for 2 turns, and heals a significant amount each turn.
Judgement Day (Reworked) - Leonidus buries corpses when getting kills. If on a team with any Beast allies, grants all Beast allies the ability to remove corpses when getting kills. Heals all Light and Beast allies significantly for each corpse removed (by Leonidus or Beasts only).

Active Abilities:

Sun Worship - Deals significantly more damage than before. Also fully heals and cleanses all Light allies when activated.
Cooldown: 7 (starts charged)

Inspired Guardian (The Guardian + Divine Inspiration combined) - When activated, fully cleanses/heals Leo and buffs his own Atk for 2 turns. Then, grants all allies Anti-Magic Aura for 2 turns. Then applies 'Guardian's Presence' to Leo for 3 turns. Guardian's Presence forces enemies to target Leo, buffs his Defense, and places the 'Curse' debuff on enemies who attack him (whether they make contact or not) for 4 turns. Cursed enemies take moderate damage every time they attempt to use a basic attack.
Cooldown: 5 (starts charged)

Divine Wrath (New ability) - Leo calls down arrows of light, dealing a large amount of Ranged Spirit damage to the target, and 2 random enemies. Applies Magnified Light and purges all buffs on every target hit. If a target is hit twice, they become Shocked, and lose 3 energy. If a target is hit three times, they become Shocked, Paralyzed, and lose all energy.
Cooldown: 5

Comments

• umm I don't think leo needs a buff, he is a saftey net like solaris, i don't think anyone asks for solaris buff in attacks and stuff, i mean if they nerfed the res mechanic that it basically didn't give heroes fast then i would be ok with it... but i am not ok with it yet...
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    umm I don't think leo needs a buff, he is a saftey net like solaris, i don't think anyone asks for solaris buff in attacks and stuff, i mean if they nerfed the res mechanic that it basically didn't give heroes fast then i would be ok with it... but i am not ok with it yet...

So you're saying it's fine that Leo just be a tool only used to revive dead allies by getting killed? Seems like a pretty sad excuse for a hero if you ask me. He should be useful on Light teams and on his own. He's supposed to be this amazing guardian of justice who drives back darkness, not some dog's chew-toy for the enemy team.
  • umm I don't think leo needs a buff, he is a saftey net like solaris, i don't think anyone asks for solaris buff in attacks and stuff, i mean if they nerfed the res mechanic that it basically didn't give heroes fast then i would be ok with it... but i am not ok with it yet...

So you're saying it's fine that Leo just be a tool only used to revive dead allies by getting killed? Seems like a pretty sad excuse for a hero if you ask me. He should be useful on Light teams and on his own. He's supposed to be this amazing guardian of justice who drives back darkness, not some dog's chew-toy for the enemy team.

true, but he is such a core safety tool, a lot of players use him and never lose, buffing his attack just makes his version of the team stronger... if it only buffed light allies and not beasts i think it would be better
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited April 24
    I don't think Leo is so far behind that he needs such a massive buff. Don't get me wrong, Rage Against the Dying of the Light is a great idea, but give it to a light hero who really needs it, like Black Diamond or Augustus.

What I'd suggest is to lower Sun Worship's cooldown to 3 or 4 energy. Shade's Haunted Past is on a 4 energy cooldown, so why not? Besides which, the devs have clearly changed their minds about such long cooldowns; Selwyn's Nothern Gale used to be 9 energy, they updated it to something more fitting with today's DB.

What I'd like to see but won't happen: Leo gets Living Construct.
  • WasiWasi Member
    Would be a nice change up to see the rise of the Light at some stage... we've been balls deep in dark heroes and events - some light hero reworks plus a light hero buff PvP week / event would be good.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • danacdanac Member
    add a tail.