Fan Hero Idea - Fel’Cor the Tormented

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
edited May 26 in Fan-Made Heroes
Fel’Cor the Tormented

d95575pp92hy.jpeg

Once the leader of a dangerous oceanic expedition into the far north. As the waters and air grew colder and colder, his desire to discover new treasures and lands grew stronger and stronger. His men, however, did not share the same enthusiasm. They staged a mutiny - They chained up their captain in his sleep, threw him overboard, and abandoned him forever.
What happened to the captain down there in the depths is unknown, but now he has returned, seeking vengeance. He will not rest until he reclaims his once-imperial ship, and rids it of its traitorous crew.

Class: Legendary/Spirit/Warrior
Element: Water
Stats:
Health - 5/10
Attack - 9/10
Defense - 7/10
Skill - 4/10

Runes: Water/Water/Fire/Light/Dark

Passive Abilities:
0A:
Armored - Hero takes 25% reduced damage from Physical attacks.
Sunken Soul - Immune to Chill, Frostbite, Freeze, Disease, Poison, Nerve Damage and Wound.
Spirit’s Wrath - Grants allied Spirits +[20%] Attack and +[10%] Defense.
That Sinking Feeling - When this Hero makes contact with an enemy, chance to Slow that enemy.
Spiritual Torment - When Spirits on this Hero’s team, including this one, attack enemies, they will always apply a debuff based on their Elemental type (Fire inflicts Burning, Nature inflicts Poison, Water inflicts Frostbite, Light inflicts Shock, and Dark inflicts Disease).
1A:
Spirit’s Wrath II - Grants allied Spirits +[30%] Attack and +[20%] Defense.
Feed on Their Souls - Whenever a Spirit on this Hero’s team attacks an enemy, they gain increased Max Health based on the damage dealt.
2A:
Spirit’s Wrath III - Grants allied Spirits +[40%] Attack and +[30%] Defense.
That Sinking Feeling II - When this Hero makes contact with an enemy, guaranteed to Slow that enemy.
Orders From the Abyss - Whenever this Hero or a Spirit ally is killed, the enemy who killed them loses 2 energy and becomes Chilled for 3 turns. Additionally, all Spirit allies will come back from being dead 3 turns after they are killed (This effect does not work if Fel’Cor is dead).

Abilities:
Chain Lash - Swinging his chains, Fel’Cor deals Physical Melee damage to a target. One allied Spirit will also attack the target. If this attack Crits, all allied Spirits will attack the target.
Basic Attack

Shared Fate - Fel’Cor chooses an enemy, then applies a special Mark to them that lowers their Defense by [25%], and forces their allies to target them with attacks for 1 turn. AoE attacks, if used, will damage all of the enemy’s team members except themselves.
Cooldown: 4

Frostfire Sweep - Sweeping a chain at his foes, Fel’Cor flings frostfire onto the enemy team, dealing moderate Ranged Magic damage. All enemies hit by the attack become Burned and Chilled for 3 turns.
Cooldown: 5

Locked in Time - Fel’Cor attacks a target with his lock and chain, dealing significant Physical Melee damage. The target enemy becomes Frozen for 2 turns. Fel’Cor and all Spirit allies are healed by 50% of the damage dealt by this attack.
Cooldown: 4
Post edited by JackHallow666 on

Comments

• Shared fate sounds a little too powerful. In PvP, he can just use it 4 times, obliterating every defender. Sounds like a dev made hero ;)

Srry to be so negative, but 3 water legendarys, and 1 light one? Overall love the concept tho
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    GingeNinja wrote: »
    Shared fate sounds a little too powerful. In PvP, he can just use it 4 times, obliterating every defender. Sounds like a dev made hero ;)

Srry to be so negative, but 3 water legendarys, and 1 light one? Overall love the concept tho

Maybe if I removed the aspect of it refreshing the Cooldown and just reduced it’s Cooldown a little?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    And yeah, I know he’s another Blue Legendary... To be honest, I woke up today with the idea for him in my head. Maybe I was dreaming about it, I don’t know. I just had this vision of a hovering, chained spirit, blue colored with glowing eyes and blue flames coming out of them.

As soon as I got out of college I started working on him. Wasn’t done until the evening. Redesigned him more than once, had trouble coloring it, shading, all that.

Then I had to make the lore fit. But the idea of him being a drowned captain seemed like an easy and obvious fit. His abilities were the toughest part.

Originally, his first ability was just going to be some sort of anchor attack that chained up an enemy, and either Slow them (which wouldn’t have made since because of his That Sinking Feeling passive), Freeze them, or some other debuff entirely. One debuff I thought of but didn’t use was called ‘Weakened Soul’, which doubled the damage Spirits did to the afflicted enemy.

Then another flash of inspiration hit me - What if his first ability was based on his lore? I thought for a while on how to use the idea of ‘being stabbed in the back’ in an ability, and then I realized: Make a reverse taunt debuff that forces their allies to attack them!

To be honest I’m not fond of his Frostfire Sweep ability. It seems uninspired, and even though he has blue flames on him, it seems odd that he can Burn enemies, don’t you think? Perhaps I can use that ability slot to bring back the ‘Weakened Soul’ debuff I thought up earlier...? What do you think?
  • Firstly, love the art!

Ok so Shared fate- *could it be called mutiny? Would it fit better?*
    I was thinking that if he made a kill- It becomes unhealable damage.

If you wanted to convert him into a light hero- you could add to the lore how zen/emily/augustus accidentally resurrected him. Don't do it though
    Frostfire sweep could be changed to a crysosleep ability- where you choose ANY hero to crysosleep. Would make for some nice synergies.
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!