Aria's "Dodge This"

Aria's "Dodge This" passive seems to be rather broken - she is definitely not countering every attack she dodges.

In one battle, I've had her dodge both Igorok's Polar Pounding AND Arctic Assault (he attacked her and she dodged all 3 hits), and she did not counter a single time. I've been seeing it in many other instances as well.
Tagged:

Comments

• coneyK wrote: »
    Aria's "Dodge This" passive seems to be rather broken - she is definitely not countering every attack she dodges.

In one battle, I've had her dodge both Igorok's Polar Pounding AND Arctic Assault (he attacked her and she dodged all 3 hits), and she did not counter a single time. I've been seeing it in many other instances as well.

I had the exact same thing in the tower today. Very weird.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Igorok's Monstrous Presence passive prevents enemies from using retaliation attacks (revenge, counter, etc) against him.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited May 11
    Joel wrote: »
    Igorok's Monstrous Presence passive prevents enemies from using retaliation attacks (revenge, counter, etc) against him.

@Joel doesn’t this contradict your previously stated goal of having “affirmative” actions have higher priority than their opposites? For example, you fixed perfect strike so that it will always hit aria even when dazed, because the dwarves “will always hit” overrules aria’s “dazed heroes will miss”. But in this case, aria’s “will counter” does not get priority over igorok’s “can’t counter”. Seems inconsistent.

Though I can also see it from the point of view of “all heroes with revenge have something that says they will revenge, so any passive that counters that has to take priority.” Guess I always just thought of aria’s revenges as something different than the normal “slow hero revenge” passive. Same for hansuke’s revenge, or kai’s second ability leading to a revenge.
  • Joel wrote: »

@Joel doesn’t this contradict your previously stated goal of having “affirmative” actions have higher priority than their opposites? For example, you fixed perfect strike so that it will always hit aria even when dazed, because the dwarves “will always hit” overrules aria’s “dazed heroes will miss”. But in this case, aria’s “will counter” does not get priority over igorok’s “can’t counter”. Seems inconsistent.

Though I can also see it from the point of view of “all heroes with revenge have something that says they will revenge, so any passive that counters that has to take priority.” Guess I always just thought of aria’s revenges as something different than the normal “slow hero revenge” passive. Same for hansuke’s revenge, or kai’s second ability leading to a revenge.

I think her counter should have priority since it's a 100% and the only thing going for her. Others should obviously still be blocked.
  • LydienLydien Member
    The monster team has so little going for it, there's no need to go giving people workarounds for their few precious advantages lol
    Hopper will eat literally anything; rocks (stonefist), scrap metal (the furnace), ash (solaris), even bone (a lot of examples lol), AND is a known carrier of disease, and yet she still finds herself suffering from the disease ailment most matches... Something must be done!
  • Lydien wrote: »
    The monster team has so little going for it, there's no need to go giving people workarounds for their few precious advantages lol

I still think Aria is worse than them. At least IGOROK has a small (small) place in this meta.
  • ember and aria should be getting a rework eventually. they did igorok and Pontifex. Ember's ability doesn't make sense anymore to buff atk now that abigail does that.
  • ember and aria should be getting a rework eventually. they did igorok and Pontifex. Ember's ability doesn't make sense anymore to buff atk now that abigail does that.

IGOROK transition to monster was forever ago. When did they rework Ponti?
  • Also forever go. He has a few more passives and ability changes. He's much better.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    ember and aria should be getting a rework eventually. they did igorok and Pontifex. Ember's ability doesn't make sense anymore to buff atk now that abigail does that.

IGOROK transition to monster was forever ago. When did they rework Ponti?

Ponti, Ignus and Balog were actually re-worked a long, LONG time ago to be something of a "team". Although it was complete garbage.

Now with Balog and Ignus actually being useful, I expect Ponti to be next for the big rework treatment.
  • MooprimeMooprime Member
    My game wouldn’t connect for almost a day now. So i had to delete and reinstall.. how do i get back on my old account? I have a lot of time and money invested in my account and I’ll be pretty salty if i don’t get it back. Please respond asap
  • Mooprime wrote: »
    My game wouldn’t connect for almost a day now. So i had to delete and reinstall.. how do i get back on my old account? I have a lot of time and money invested in my account and I’ll be pretty salty if i don’t get it back. Please respond asap

Go to customer support on their website.
  • danacdanac Member
    ember and aria should be getting a rework eventually. they did igorok and Pontifex. Ember's ability doesn't make sense anymore to buff atk now that abigail does that.

Abi always did that.
    The difference between the two was that Ember was fast and also healed. Now less difference.

• williamwilliam Member
    Why do some heros need bushido evo it is the hardest for me to find
  • williamwilliam Member
    And ember really should get better
  • Don't "find" bushido evos. Craft them. It's mush easier to find the common celestials on 3x evo days and buy monarchs in the store. Also bushidos do some of the worst heroes now so you don't need much.