Don't tell Drakk, but Balog still gets scared.

I went up against a beast team with Jabber, who pulled off an epic attack against me. Balog should be immune to fear because he's on the same team as Drakk, but nope. To be fair, Jabber's epic attack really is something to be scared about.

nlt76c36x8fv.png
Tagged:

Comments

• Shhhh. Don't let the Barbs get buffed even if it's just a bug fix.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 11
    Well, what about this then: my Balog also just got counter-attacked after hitting Solaris with a Bull Rush. The only problem? Balog killed Solaris with the move; I saw a pile of ashes fire feathers back at Balog.

I figure it's okay to report this because no-one likes Solaris. :wink:
  • I've seen weird glitches like dead counters before. I think sometimes if a hero were to get hit twice and the counter would be in between, the counter animation is sometimes after the death. Also reses right after death make for some glitchy animations too.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Maybe the passive only works when Drakk is alive?
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 12
    Hm. I guess that usually doesn't come up because the most common sources of fear (Shade and Lupina's first abilities) happen when Drakk's going to be alive. (Drakk was alive when Jabber's epic triggered, but he was on a sliver of health and didn't survive. I can't remember whether Jabber's epic causes fear before or after the attack.) It would be unusual if Drakk didn't grant fellow barbarians fear immunity even if Drakk himself is dead; Balog's Mute, the special Solaris buffs, Ferno's +1 energy etc. all work until they're removed completely through fleeing, possession, or having their corpse eaten. If it's intended that Drakk's fear immunity only works while Drakk is alive, it should be mentioned in the tooltip for Unbridled Rage since it's an odd duck.
    Post edited by Stinky on
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    My Balog ran away in the tower today due to Agnon's fear, and Drakk was still alive.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    My Balog ran away in the tower today due to Agnon's fear, and Drakk was still alive.
    Thank you for coming forward. Perhaps by working together, we can build a world where Balogs no longer have to live in fear.
  • danacdanac Member
    Stinky wrote: »
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    Thank you for coming forward. Perhaps by working together, we can build a world where Balogs no longer have to live in fear.

aren't the ones who shout the loudest always the most afraid?
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 14
    It might be a bug with Unbridled Rage rather than Balog. I just got out of a raid which lasted long enough for an enemy Lupina to use Chaos Howl twice. By this point Drakk had already used up his UB, and he wasn't immune to the Howl. Also by this point I'd bumped it up to x2 speed, so I wasn't able to get a screenshot of this; Drakk didn't survive the next attack.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The fear immunity expires after they are saved by Unbridled Rage. After having a near-death experience, they aren't quite as fearless as they once were. We're going to rephrase the passive so this is clearer.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Oh, cool. That's cooler than a blanket fear immunity.
  • oredithoredith Member
    Joel wrote: »
    The fear immunity expires after they are saved by Unbridled Rage. After having a near-death experience, they aren't quite as fearless as they once were. We're going to rephrase the passive so this is clearer.
    While clarifying, please clarify if it's turn based, or buff based.

with the way the barbs meta is playing out, Unbridled rage very easily gets purged as a "stolen buff" by drakk bouncing around with the caster rune, so will the immunity from fear last until the next round? or is it gone as soon as UR is triggered?

also, unclear on if the fear immunity is gone IMMEDIATELY after UR is triggered? or is still in effect while UR is still up.

so, 3 options, please pick one:

1. fear immunity lasts the entire round before and during UR, when UR expires the next round, hero is no longer fear immune
    2. fear immunity lasts before, and during UR until the end of the round. if UR is purged during a round, the hero is still fear immune.
    3. fear immunity lasts before, and during UR, but not necessarily until the end of the round. if UR is purged during a round, the hero is susceptible to fear.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    #3 :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com