Icy Zomm

I froze Zomm in a PVP match.

Then the ice stayed.
Silly me thought that meant he was still frozen, he wasn't, and I lost.

Please make it so ice doesn't hang around after the heroes unfreeze.
Tagged:

Comments

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hey @danac. Do you have a video of this happening? I believe you, but I'm not able to get it to happen in my game, so this is most likely a corner case bug.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • SocklessSockless Member
    I run into this often when I use or face a Selwyn. His ice tower remain, blocking views even when guys unfreeze.
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    @Joel this has been happening on and off for quite a while. I'm not sure exactly when it started, but I started noticing it around the time 2x speed was introduced.

It's hard to get a video of it, because the Frozen effect disappears when it should when you watch a replay. The visual effect of the ice staying past the expiration of Frozen only happens during the actual match.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I've only experienced this issue with heroes who are able to counter attack or do followup attacks (Hansuke, Beast teams, etc.). Zomm would fit with that, obviously.
    @Sockless and @ScoutYo, you might be talking about different visual effects. Sockless is talking about the ice from Selwyn's Northern Gale. That visual effect stays around for the entire battle, but isn't related to heroes being frozen. I can see how that could be confusing though and will bring it up to the team. ScoutYo, you seem to be talking about the actual Frozen visual effect. I'll do some experiments and see if I can get it to happen.
  • Yep it happens to a lot of visuals like death after res on two times speed. Once they die and are instantly ressed and someone else uses an ability right after, it's too fast for the animation and it looks like people are dead with health bars.

Also semi-related is Agnon's health bar disappears completely and even holding on him wont bring it back for a couple turns. Mostly happens in the tower.
    @MrTheWaffleKing, you're the first to mention it happening with a hero being instantly resurrected. @danac, did anything like that happen in your battle?
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    edited May 15
    @Joel Yup, I'm talking about the actual Frozen effect (from heroes like Valkin, Igorok, etc.).

Also, I think @MrTheWaffleKing is just referring to other visual issues he has seen.
  • ScoutYo wrote: »
    @Joel Yup, I'm talking about the actual Frozen effect (from heroes like Valkin, Igorok, etc.).

Also, I think @MrTheWaffleKing is just referring to other visual issues he has seen.

Yep it's visual but it has to do with animations being canceled because of 2x speed. It's also hard to target the "dead" people.
  • danacdanac Member
    Joel wrote: »
    Hey @danac. Do you have a video of this happening? I believe you, but I'm not able to get it to happen in my game, so this is most likely a corner case bug.

no video
  • danacdanac Member
    Joel wrote: »
    @MrTheWaffleKing, you're the first to mention it happening with a hero being instantly resurrected. @danac, did anything like that happen in your battle?

no. it was my ferno, Koros GT, Valkin
    vs their Shade Koros GT Zomm
    since Zomm was frozen turn one, there were no resurrections.
    But the frozen visual effect remained.
  • danacdanac Member
    One more thing: If I'm paying attention to the match, I can check the tabs over the hero, and the frozen tab will have disappeared even tho the visual effect remains.

But I think it's unfair to ask me to pay attention to what I'm doing.
  • I have lost many pvp battles thinking Zomm was frozen (because of the ice surrounding him) but we wasn't since he didn't have the snowflake icon above him. I have tried to learn to check for the icon, but forget once in a while. I'll take a screen shot next time I see it.
  • Here it is:

fyl5huevocgy.jpg
    Hey @Moschophoros. Was your team attacking or defending? If defending, what was the name of the player attacking? I'm going to see if this is related to runes.
  • @Joel I was using my alt account: kriophoros. I was the attacker. I am using an android tablet for that account (if that ends up being a factor). I could not reproduce the glitch on my main account (moschophoros) which uses an iphone.
  • Also, the replay does not have the visual glitch.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 16
    danac wrote: »
    One more thing: If I'm paying attention to the match, I can check the tabs over the hero, and the frozen tab will have disappeared even tho the visual effect remains.

But I think it's unfair to ask me to pay attention to what I'm doing.

In fairness, there can be a ton of icons hovering over heroes' heads. Sometimes I've seen so many icons above Goretusk that it actually overlaps with the enemy's on the other side of the screen.
  • Also semi-related is Agnon's health bar disappears completely and even holding on him wont bring it back for a couple turns. Mostly happens in the tower.

I've had this happen nearly every time I face Agnon in the tower now. No health bar at all.