Anyone know what the category "Rogue" does?

I checked the wiki, and it says that Rogues are fast, and are able to dodge attacks.
My fav character, Yorick. Is a rogue. But he never dodges attacks and he is moderate speed,
Is there a glitch or was rogue updated to something else?
Tagged:

Comments

• Rogues are generally not good at living but deal a ton of damage.
  • Thanks for your concern from the wiki. :blush:
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    tgtu88snl2ot.png
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 10
    I checked the wiki, and it says that Rogues are fast, and are able to dodge attacks.
    My fav character, Yorick. Is a rogue. But he never dodges attacks and he is moderate speed,
    Is there a glitch or was rogue updated to something else?
    I don't think anyone really knows why the likes of Yorick and Ekko are considered rogues. Maybe so the undead team would have a rogue on it? I don't know why that would be important, but they've recently changed Abigail from a warrior to a rogue so they seem to like doing that.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Joel said Rogues are supposed to be more like support heroes who buff or aid their allies in some unique way. For instance, Yorick applies Mark of Death, and can heal Undead allies by attacking. Abigail buffs ally Attack and has lots of useful synergies with the Barbarians.

However, this leaves behind what the Rogues used to be, which were high-damage offensive attackers, like Matsuta Kira, Shadowblade, Torchy, etc.

Hoping one day the Rogues can just be unified and all work more or less the same way. Or they make a new term for heroes like Yorick, Abigail, and Lupina... Actually, Abigail kind of fits both definitions.

They've really gone and confused themselves, i think.
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    What the tag "rogue" actually does in the game:
    1. Yoko deals double damage to rogues
    2. Rogues turn into rogue Zomminions.

That's it.
  • Or they make a new term for heroes like Yorick, Abigail, and Lupina... Actually, Abigail kind of fits both definitions.

Lupina does HUGE damage if runed with attack. So does Abi. Not sure about Yorick since I haven't used him runed but his mark should allow him to do a lot.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Rogue is just a general category. Each hero is still measured by his/her individual abilities and stats. Yorick does not really fit into the rogue category, but for whatever reason, DB decided to realign his class. The only real difference is that he is affected by +dmg/dr against rogue 4ths instead of +dmg/dr against warrior 4ths, so it's no big deal.
  • Joel said Rogues are supposed to be more like support heroes who buff or aid their allies in some unique way. For instance, Yorick applies Mark of Death, and can heal Undead allies by attacking. Abigail buffs ally Attack and has lots of useful synergies with the Barbarians.

However, this leaves behind what the Rogues used to be, which were high-damage offensive attackers, like Matsuta Kira, Shadowblade, Torchy, etc.

Hoping one day the Rogues can just be unified and all work more or less the same way. Or they make a new term for heroes like Yorick, Abigail, and Lupina... Actually, Abigail kind of fits both definitions.

They've really gone and confused themselves, i think.

Thank you, you made this clear.
    And the heal undead? That can only be achieved by getting the sword of bones.
    But, thanks in general
  • danacdanac Member
    I hear it gets you into a nifty kick **** squadron of x-wing fighters.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    What the tag "rogue" actually does in the game:
    1. Yoko deals double damage to rogues
    2. Rogues turn into rogue Zomminions.

That's it.
    echonap wrote: »
    Rogue is just a general category. Each hero is still measured by his/her individual abilities and stats. Yorick does not really fit into the rogue category, but for whatever reason, DB decided to realign his class. The only real difference is that he is affected by +dmg/dr against rogue 4ths instead of +dmg/dr against warrior 4ths, so it's no big deal.

As far as I can recall it used to be that all Rogues were fast, and all fast heroes were rogues. Then they make a fast caster (Kai Makani), then a fast healer (Zen and later Ember Sanguine), and now we even have a fast tank (Goretusk).

Generally these labels are a negative for the character, e.g. being a tank vs an attacker who does bonus damage to tanks, or as echonap said against a character who has runes with bonus damage vs that character type. Occasionally we'll have an event such as a warrior event where that type gets a bonus, which is often unspecified and, for me, unnoticed.

Occasionally the bonus will be actually useful, such as when an attack by a dark character is followed by an attack by every other dark character on the team, but that was an element based bonus, not a type bonus.
  • saying all rogues used to be fast is not true
    Lady Nim has never been fast.
    Ella Ametryst - is not fast
    Shadow Queen Daeris is not fast
    Yorick is not fast - and was not fast before his rogue tag.
    Ekko is not fast
    litespeed
  • @spiffymcbang What you said about Yorick and Ekko makes NO sense. You said:
    saying all rogues used to be fast is not true

But Ekko and Yorick are new edition to the crew, which is why they were saying it makes no sense for them to be rouges

Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • echonapechonap Member
    Ella, Nim, and Viperia were always normal speed rogues.

You're reading way too much into the class. It is just a grouping to allow for effects to be applied to multiple heroes at once, such as 4th rune stats or event buffs/debuffs. Everyone in a class has some general similarities, but there is no hard rule that rogues must be fast or tanks must be tanky.
  • echonap wrote: »

You're reading way too much into the class. It is just a grouping to allow for effects to be applied to multiple heroes at once, such as 4th rune stats or event buffs/debuffs. Everyone in a class has some general similarities, but there is no hard rule that rogues must be fast or tanks must be tanky.

Tanks must be tanky.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Well, you can have dodge-tanks in theory, who avoid a ton of damage instead of reducing it. I guess Aria's the only one in DB though. I wasn't around in her heyday but at the moment she seems like a failed experiment.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Stinky wrote: »
    Well, you can have dodge-tanks in theory, who avoid a ton of damage instead of reducing it. I guess Aria's the only one in DB though. I wasn't around in her heyday but at the moment she seems like a failed experiment.

She was actually really tough to beat at the start. People would put her on Furnace teams and she would just wreck your team while you couldn’t really hit her back, either because your team was Dazed, or trying to kill Furnace. Then they’d also usually bring Emily so once you took down the Furnace, you’d have to do that all over again.

If the new, reworked Therand had existed back then, she wouldn’t have stood a chance though.
  • I hope she gets a rework. She is really cool in theory, but not in execution
    Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • danacdanac Member
    Stinky wrote: »

She was actually really tough to beat at the start. People would put her on Furnace teams and she would just wreck your team while you couldn’t really hit her back, either because your team was Dazed, or trying to kill Furnace. Then they’d also usually bring Emily so once you took down the Furnace, you’d have to do that all over again.

If the new, reworked Therand had existed back then, she wouldn’t have stood a chance though.

Therand worked back then anyway.
    I used to wreck dodgy teams with him.
  • danacdanac Member

Tanks must be tanky.

Julius.
  • danac wrote: »

Tanks must be tanky.

Julius.

He actually is pretty tanky when you see him. Then again my main damages are water and wouldn't do much damage anyways. There are still tanks who definitely need buffs like Alexandros.
  • danac wrote: »

Tanks must be tanky.

Julius.

Goretusk!