why are my created topics "waiting for approval" ?

what is this censorship?

I've submitted a topic and its waiting for approval.
it contains no profanity, no links to other sites, no photos, no theater of the mind.

and then i get this:
You have posted 1 times within 60 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 600 seconds before attempting to post again.
:/ what the heck.

a spam block?
10 minutes before i can post again?
really.
could you imagine being treated this way at a grocery store?
getting irritated here.
Oh the profanity!
Tagged:

Comments

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hey @Derision. It seems that you didn't verify your account after you registered (an automated email with a verification link should have been sent to your email address, but it sometimes gets caught in spam folders). If you don't verify your account, posts (particularly longer posts) can get automatically flagged by our spam filter, which is what seems to have happened here. I have manually verified your account and got your post (as well as a few others) out of the spam folder. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Did you have the US President’s name in your post?
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited June 5
    Is there a reason posts sometimes need moderator approval, but are actually sucked into a black hole never to see the light of day?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    If a post ever says it needs moderator approval, it means that it got caught by our spam filter for one of a variety of reasons. If you see that message, feel free to send me a private message and I'll make sure the post gets un-stuck. We had an issue with spammers a year or so ago, so we've made our filter err or the side of caution.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    Did you have the US President’s name in your post?

I wouldn't call that spam.
    I'd just call it dumb.
  • Yeah I posted a hero rework idea and it posted the first time but I forgot something so I added literally one extra line of text and it hides my post. I don't think that's a spam filter that seems more like "I never posted it but hey look a week later Pontifex rework!" xD