proper use of gems.

hey all,ive found that the gem portal is pretty much crap unless you're doing a x10 summon when its a specific listed hero that you want.is there anything else you find gems are really useful for?the only other thing I use gems for is pvp,because instead of 300 gems I can gain tons of extra honor,pvp tiers,and tons of aether from honor summons.

Comments

• RocksorRocksor Member
    Making runes.
  • Best uses of gems:

-crafting superior (and eventually elite) runes.
    -buying the superior (and eventually elite) runes often offered in the shop during events.
    -refreshes for raid tickets that will let you advance to higher leagues and get better reward tiers.
    -helping your guild if they are competitive.
    -heroic portal when there is a featured hero you really need tokens for AND some other bonus, like jackpots, multi-unlocks, etc. but this one only applies when you’re still fairly new and developing your roster.

Anything else is pretty much a waste.

• BarleymanBarleyman Member
    Right now I'm saving up fore the Elite rune pack in the shop (10k gems) which seems like it could be a good deal - unless something better comes along first.
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    Right now I'm saving up fore the Elite rune pack in the shop (10k gems) which seems like it could be a good deal - unless something better comes along first.

Don’t. It’s a horrible deal.
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    edited June 7
    The first few stamina and pvp ticket refreshes seem to be pretty good deals, I honestly also find the auto max superior rune cost to be fair
  • xandrew29xandrew29 Member
    Barleyman wrote: »

Do not do it. I accidentally bought it last event instead of an event boost. All the gems were awful, basically on par with top notch Greaters, which are worthless to me now.

Save up and craft a rune you really want/need. I was doing the Ultras, but now have enough Guardian/Survivors (Corruption and Incineration aren't worth it, IMHO). I'll be saving up for Elites and just auto-tuning them.

Portal summons should be fine with weekly guild rewards.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    I usually use Aether to buy my extra raid tickets.

I do use gems to buy the first couple of stamina packs in store, and sometimes the first couple of raid ticket sets if I really need them.

The rune packs in the store seem out of touch for me - especially right now while I'm not getting 275/day from tower.

My biggest gem sink is crafting runes. I have a feeling it will never stop and the system is designed to keep me gem poor.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member

Don’t. It’s a horrible deal.
    xandrew29 wrote: »

Do not do it. I accidentally bought it last event instead of an event boost. All the gems were awful, basically on par with top notch Greaters, which are worthless to me now.

Save up and craft a rune you really want/need. I was doing the Ultras, but now have enough Guardian/Survivors (Corruption and Incineration aren't worth it, IMHO). I'll be saving up for Elites and just auto-tuning them.

Portal summons should be fine with weekly guild rewards.

Fair enough. It seems too good a deal to be true, so of course it is.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    With regular Winterfest events being a thing, I generally get to 5k gems and then use them all up on a gold key. Rinse, repeat.
  • I use gems on apple juice and to flex on noobs.