ToP: How much time does it take you?

ToP: How much time does it take you? 28 votes

Less than 30 minutes
42%
echonapshiggity80sagewithaflawAlecat97kpung07MelofSteelSkip_HolmesBarleymanPooombahtommmmmmmmLafooteDevilJhons 12 votes
30 min - 1 hour
28%
phoxtergraddersCrimson_the_KidUdudu2CrimsonCrusaderVioletLyralythanderStinky 8 votes
1 hour - 1:30
7%
MonkeyHunterNemis 2 votes
1:30 - 2 hours
0%
2 hours +
0%
I try, but can’t seem to beat it
7%
sirolk99Hadrain 2 votes
I no longer even try
14%
Hompipahbvs72metallicinfluxAllasamallia 4 votes

Comments

• 1 hour - 1:30
    I’m starting to feel like it’s not worth it...
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    30 min - 1 hour
    I never even used to do it until I realized zomm can completely resurrect heros if they're zomminions now I usually just go full dark team until zomm dies then just collect whatever rewards I got
  • StinkyStinky Member
    30 min - 1 hour
    While levelling, the tower is pretty trivial. It's only since hitting the high 60s and the advent of the barbs that I've stopped cruising through the tower, one shotting everything with Agnon. My roster power is a pitiful ~200k for anyone who's curious.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    Less than 30 minutes
    Ududu2 wrote: »
    I never even used to do it until I realized zomm can completely resurrect heros if they're zomminions now I usually just go full dark team until zomm dies then just collect whatever rewards I got

Shade Hopper Emily & Zomm makes a good team for many situations. Emily can res Shade or Hopper before Zomm minions them, or Zomm if he gets killed. If Emily gets killed and Zomm minions her she'll be back for the next level. You just don't want to lose Emily and Zomm at the same time.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I no longer even try
    I do the first floor and exit. Mobile games are supposed to be fun. I’d rather spend my time doing PvP.
  • Less than 30 minutes
    Im lvl 64 so no problems, before barbs my shade, ponty, hansuke, zomm team did it without deaths, now im switched to barbs, so sometimes all go wrong,so end on 10-11 lvl
  • 1 hour - 1:30
    I might add I spend lots of my time stressing and strategizing, especially after I’ve lost a key hero. Agnon, why did I have to lose you so soon!? How will I ever beat that bulky Agnon/Emily combo now?!
  • I used to spend an hour. Lately I'll do my daily one level, maybe a few more, kill off the current tower if it looks like a huge time sink and move on.

Limit my ability to stock stam, limit my success in PVP, limit my tower....just logging in to do guild crowns for now until something interesting comes along.

Still haven't figured out how to do that new Boss Dungeon that allows only reptile team and the one shortly after that greatly limits usable heroes....one of these days I'll get on that..not gonna quick loot my way to 80 right now...
  • Less than 30 minutes
    The Tower concept is a joke.

Putting top PvP teams to 'randomly' populate the tower, that are unjustifiably over powered AND then putting them on multiple floors.

Another clear example of how out of touch the developers are with this game.
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    30 min - 1 hour
    Barleyman wrote: »

Shade Hopper Emily & Zomm makes a good team for many situations. Emily can res Shade or Hopper before Zomm minions them, or Zomm if he gets killed. If Emily gets killed and Zomm minions her she'll be back for the next level. You just don't want to lose Emily and Zomm at the same time.
    How do you rune your Hopper? I work through the tower with Agnon, Emily and Zomm, switching out the fourth depending on situation; usually the fourth is GT or Ferno. For me, Hopper seems so squishy that she doesn't get to fulfil her potential in the tower. Mind you, I've got barely any upgrades on her epic.
  • Less than 30 minutes
    Stinky wrote: »
    Barleyman wrote: »

How do you rune your Hopper? I work through the tower with Agnon, Emily and Zomm, switching out the fourth depending on situation; usually the fourth is GT or Ferno. For me, Hopper seems so squishy that she doesn't get to fulfil her potential in the tower. Mind you, I've got barely any upgrades on her epic.

Currently, left to right, Caster (20% chance to steal buff), Duelist, Survivor (starts with Cleansing Regeneration), Planning & Life. With level 12 epic and level 71 hero and skills she has 7250 attack, 7276 defense, 2160 skill (no adds), and 16784 health. I'd like to buff critical a bit more (currently around 30%).

Hopper does a lot of good things - self heal, self energize, remove buffs (especially feathers from beasts chortle), immune to fear but can add fear to beasts, add disease, and of course remove corpses so Emily Leo or Solaris can't revive them. She can backfire if Zomm is there and she removes a non-tank corpse and they get replaced with a tank Zomminion, which is easily the most annoying Zomminion to face.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    30 min - 1 hour
    My problem with Hopper has been that there's never quite enough room in the team for her (in the tower) - I want GT to mitigate the initial burst of damage, Emily and Zomm because y'know, and then a damage dealer that's going to squeesh the enemy team like a grape. Before the Emily buff it was annoying dealing with all of the feathers puked out by Solaris, but that's less of a problem now. Cheers for the advice.
  • NemisNemis Member
    1 hour - 1:30
    I responded "1 hour - 1:30", but should have probably put "I try, but can’t seem to beat it" or "I no longer even try".

Clicked too soon I guess.

After they added all the Solaris resurrections, Zomm being great, barbarians from hell, etc. It is becoming too much of pita (Pain in the Abdomen) to do it anymore. I used to do the tower a lot. Now I don't even really try.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    I try, but can’t seem to beat it
    I do one floor (turn on auto and watch them all die) for my daily crown requirement.

Sometimes I get a wild hair up my @ss and actually try to beat it. Takes about an hour+. If lucky I can make it to 6th floor before all my heroes are killed. Then I get rage anger/sad and don't try again for a while. :(
  • LafooteLafoote Member
    edited June 15
    Less than 30 minutes
    I'm typically right around the 30 minute mark. As lamented on numerous other threads and several posts here, the Tower is quite difficult now. I typically still complete my daily attempts, but once or twice I week I still get punted. It doesn't really matter for the most part how deep your roster is, if you lose Zomm and Solaris, your run is over in a floor or two. For the people who don't have those heroes, Tower is generally going to be an invincible bulwark.

Barbarians increase the difficulty exponentially per floor they inhabit.
    Second to Barb teams, but only a little is Agnon. He's usually on 5 floors per day and if Runed properly, he's a murder machine.
    With the beating everyone is taking these days from Barbs, there's almost no complaint about Solaris anymore. Still, multiple Sol teams can increase the difficulty and time required to finish the run.

How do we keep it challenging while making it less frustrating? Maybe a tweak of battle aftermath could help. Rewarding surviving heroes with a small amount of healing and adding a free resurrection at floors 6 and 10 or something might be helpful to a lot of currently aggravated players. Always resurrecting the Solaris at the end of won battles would help too. Drives me out of my mind when Solaris has 3 counters and my opponent's last hero dies and she's gone for the next 8 floors. Similarly, a set number of useable power up bonuses might also be useful. Heals, shields, resurrections, etc. Of course, just making the tower outright less difficult would also be a good solution in the eyes of many players.

It's a hard line to walk. You don't want it to be a loot piñata, but you also don't want thread after thread bemoaning how difficult/tedious/impossible it is. For me, the tower is probably just right. Most days I finish, some days I don't. It takes good strategic play and a little bad luck can knock you down. For others, it's far too tough a hill to climb at present.