Heroes who are almost viable

There's a lot of suggestions for heroes who completely suck. Inevitably, these would be a lot of work. Who are the heroes that don't require that much work to be good, though? Heroes who only need a relative nip and tuck to be effective?

I'll kick things off.
---

General Krexx.
If allied reptiles got even a fraction of Krexx's DR from envenomed targets, well, that'd be something right there! Especially in this environment where Viperia's Snakes on a Plain (dispel, hard hitting damage) would be extremely good, if she could only survive to use it.

Maybe give non-allied reptiles an amount of that DR too, to open up more group composition. Viper/Krexx/EMILY/Ferno would be a pretty cool team, so it's a shame it would be terrible right now because Krexx can't do his job.

---

Dagrand Blacksmoke.
Dagrand wants to both be a regular healer (first and third abilities) and a battle healer (epic effect of lifesteal for his whole team). He can't have it both ways.

Give him a trait that converts his skill into attack, and it would actually be possible to rune him so that both his abilities and his epic are good! Let's not talk about his Dwarven Smackdown ability, because that is a pretty depressing topic.

Comments

• I would say vipera could be the ultimate all star otk hero of paired with furnace and shikate, maybe some hero to give her the defense would be great, but might be a little op considering that furnace is a thing, turning her aoe of pure power into double power, 6 attacks to all allies, honestly I could see an aoe otk team of furnace, shikate, jabber, and her, but I won't ascend her and rune her yet in the case that the new hero is better...
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Furnace is another one that could be viable without too much work - make it so that Abs of Steel works on all allies for the first X rounds of a PvP match/dungeon.
  • Stinky wrote: »
    Furnace is another one that could be viable without too much work - make it so that Abs of Steel works on all allies for the first X rounds of a PvP match/dungeon.

thats too op, could be used with barbs, or reptiles, maybe only armored heroes?
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...

I agree with the first part. Maybe he can sear incoming physical AOEs reducing the damage by 50% but adding a chance to make a small burn. Maybe skill can make abs of steel slightly better so it takes 6 hits if you add any more steel than 6 star level 80 FA. I think under pressure needs a buff in damage or could provoke.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 30
    Limiting to constructs, fire heroes, or both could do the trick I guess. Depending on whether the devs want Furnace to really be the red version of Lily/Shade, or whether he's meant to be the construct tank.
    I agree with the first part. Maybe he can sear incoming physical AOEs reducing the damage by 50% but adding a chance to make a small burn. Maybe skill can make abs of steel slightly better so it takes 6 hits if you add any more steel than 6 star level 80 FA. I think under pressure needs a buff in damage or could provoke.
    That's also a cool idea.
  • Maybe Furnace could give ally Constructs "Only take 50% damage per hit". That might negate some of Bauble's passive where the scrap hits enemies through.

Skill already does affect abs of steel, once I hit someone and it only dealt 5% of max health... Longest game of my life... Worst part is he had a bauble too.
  • Is that really skill? It seems like it's set at 20% and wouldn't change. He didn't have DR or armor or defense affecting that?
  • Is that really skill? It seems like it's set at 20% and wouldn't change. He didn't have DR or armor or defense affecting that?

Nope, he was wearing skill runes, one of them was elite sooo... Yeah...
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Weird how people suggest to rune Furnace for damage, then. If I ever get around to fully ascending Furnace I'd want to try that out for maximum annoyance, especially if I can find a way to keep Bauble alive.
  • Yeah... I wonder if devs nerfed it or something, if they didn't then I will totally try this build if I ever have a good construct healer... But until then I won't risk it.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 30
    Bauble can actually repair constructs for a good amount! The trouble is that Bauble is made out of tissue paper. Once the bonus dodge is gone, so is he.

I also hate random debuff attacks, but since Bauble can do IFF (which every healer should be able to do but whatever) it's not a big issue.
  • Zen needs some love. He cam be used against barb teams bit of course it's risky if abby and shade are there
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Imagine if Aria massively boosted the HP of other rogues on her team and gave them DR equal (or just tied to in some way) their dodge chance. She wouldn't get the boost herself, but still.

zq03i23ifr4f.jpg

• StinkyStinky Member
    edited June 15
    I love what this tank event does with Leo. Imagine if he could be like this all the time.

Divine Inspiration
    Energy cost: 2, starts powered
    If Leo currently has the Divine Defender buff active, replace it with Divine Avenger. If he has the Divine Avenger buff active, replace it with the Divine Defender buff. Heals for [blah].

Divine Defender would be a 35% damage reduction ability, and Leo would start the dungeon with it active. Divine Avenger gives him x3 damage, but he has to spend a turn switching to it. Both of these are unpurgeable buffs, but mutually exclusive.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Since healing got nerfed (and buffed again, but it still ended up nerfed compared to where it started), Dagrund is actually a really good healer on Dwarf teams.

...Not like Dwarf teams are viable in PvP, but I find them really useful in PvE and the Tower.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited June 15
    Before the Emily buff I'd use Dag in the tower on a dark team + Goretusk, and if it came around to his turn hope that his epic triggered. It was a pretty substantial heal for the whole team, the trouble is that I can't get both his epic heal and his ability heals to be worthy; I have to choose between one or the other. I don't think he needs that handicap, really. Dwarven Smackdown is bad enough.

I'd actually consider Val+Dag on a tower team if Val didn't have such a glass jaw. His base HP seems really low for some reason. It's a shame because a three energy aoe freeze used to see me through PvP/Tower quite nicely, until the incoming damage started going up and up and up. I think we ended up getting divorced in the mid-40s.