Any slow levellers?

Well, is slow leveling dead?

I still do it but. Yeah. PVP is a breeze so should i gain a few levels to find some tough competition, it's pretty boring atm. Same goes for tower and campaign.
Level: 42
Favourite hero: Lupina
Currently: Doing an maths investigation

Comments

• It isn’t dead. It’s just useless. Matchmaking is based on roster power, not level. You’re cutting yourself off from enjoying the game in order to win the same raids you would win at higher levels, except then you’d at least get appropriate rewards for it.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    I'd move up to at least level 50, preferably 60 if I were you, just so that you have epics to work towards. I found most of the Boss Island dungeons to be decently tough when I first hit 50, especially Pestilence Spiral. It's pretty funny/cruel (delete as appropiate) how most of the enemies in there are immune to Dark type attacks, and Zomm has nothing but Dark type attacks.
  • I still slow level and I enjoy the game playing this way. Also the raids aren’t as easy as you’d think. I hardly ever face anyone who is my same level or lower. It is almost always 4 to 6 levels higher than me.
  • I'm sure when level 80 releases slow leveling will become even more useful
  • MaxBeamer wrote: »
    I still slow level and I enjoy the game playing this way. Also the raids aren’t as easy as you’d think. I hardly ever face anyone who is my same level or lower. It is almost always 4 to 6 levels higher than me.

That’s because you slow leveled. Your roster power is on par with higher level people. Slow leveling is actually making things harder for you, not easier.
  • 2 questions about roster power:

How much of your roster power is due to the inherent "power" (stats) of your unruned heroes?

And, then, is a roster of 20 level 70 characters with no runes more roster-powerful than the same set of 20 level 40 heroes with no runes?

Now admittedly such a difference may not be much and may not be enough to materially affect pvp matching, but I'm curious about this...
  • Not sure what you mean by the first one, but yes, level plays a huge role in roaster power.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • So, my roster power is round 75k and i am at level 41. Just wanting to know, is that decent for my level and what levels should i be going up against?
    Level: 42
    Favourite hero: Lupina
    Currently: Doing an maths investigation
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited April 11
    NemoBait wrote: »
    So, my roster power is round 75k and i am at level 41. Just wanting to know, is that decent for my level and what levels should i be going up against?

As far as level discrepencies go, I've occasionally been up against opponents who have 7 levels on me. While it becomes harder to get some debuffs to stick, levels and roster power aren't a good yardstick to judge difficulty by; in my experience it seems rune power (the number in brackets), rune choice and team composition make a much bigger difference to how a match plays out.

Don't trust the game's method of determining easy/medium/hard opponents. If you're looking a good fight rather than trophies, you might be picking the wrong battles. For example, at the moment my opponent list is saying that a lvl 61 Goretusk/Sol/Grog/Lily team with 2309 runic power is easier than a lvl 68 Nub/Zomm/Kozar/Astrid team with 1921 runic power. The runes on the lower level team are suitable for the characters; that Gore, Solaris and Lily are runed in a tanky fashion, and the Grog is set up to dole out the damage. On the "harder" team, Nub has 3 common quality lesser runes with 2 or 3 stars, and quality aside, the Astrid has focus and battle runes. Even by roster power, the "easier" target should be considered more of a threat: the "easy" team has 18.2k roster power to the other's 17.8k. So really, who knows what's going on.
  • I didn’t say I didn’t win my raids, just that they are not as easy as you think.
  • lol, no thx, im ok with slow lvling
    fight with each other in pvp, whales,
    not so fun against others who spent thousand dollars, huh?
  • I wish I could level faster..
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.