This game had so much potential...

Webber91Webber91 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
Man this game had so much potential in beta and I was really looking forward to its future. The release of Julius was the turning point for me and many others. You either put in unrealistic hours or coughed up a hundred bucks or so. Sad. Even event skins were always welcomed I’m sure by many. Most. Some. Few.... I think people would be more into them if the darn things didn’t burn the money out of your wallet. This game sadly has gone a more pay to win route and it makes me sad to see. Three years ago none of this was an issue...

Let me know what you guys have to say about this.

This game had so much potential... 37 votes

Yeah, Dungeon Boss has increasingly become pay to win
45%
Webber91JackHallow666seselznickbvs72spiffymcbangckall056jkwingsMelofSteellythstihlli30coneyKNemissirolk99Sparkle_StarleyDevilJhonsAnanemoneShort_Fuse 17 votes
A little, but it’s tollerable
32%
kpung07Crimson_the_KidCrimsonCrusaderKegman913Travmaster1355lythanderSeasideStormLafootehudson1520GingeNinjawatermeloneLocatingPK 12 votes
I don’t see it as pay to win
21%
graddersBarleymanMaxBeamerSyavanCowfi5hStinkytoothlessmonZoblosion 8 votes
Your stupid. What’re you talking about Webber
0%
Who cares? I’m rich anyways!!!
0%
Grinding Grinding and more Grinding

Comments

• I don’t see it as pay to win
    It doesn't even come close to vanilla DB or Vanilla Wow, Right now is the part where its starting too, but honestly i never thought it was really pay2win...
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    They've buffed a lot of older heroes to the point where some are actually BETTER than Heroic Portal heroes. For instance, Selwyn, which you can unlock very early, is magnitudes better at the moment than Icebloom. Another example is Abigail, arguably one of the most used heroes in PvP right now!

I don't think this would fix ALL their problems, but one thing they could do is a massive re-working of the portals. First and foremost, they should move a LOT of heroes into the Great and Honor portals. There's no reason for heroes like Icebloom or Executum to be in the Heroic portal. They're good, but they're not GREAT. Heroes like Yorick, Alexandros, Balog, Takumi, Mangle... they can go to the Great Portal.
    Heroes that are better, but not totally awesome, can go in the Honor Portal. Those would be heroes like Hansuke, IGOROK, Indigo, Matsuta Kira, etc. They're not bad by any stretch, but that's my point. This would actually "buff" all the portals, because players would be able to get better heroes from the Great and Honor portals, and the Heroic portal would be less full of so-so heroes. Which would increase your chances at getting something great.

The VIP Portal should be completely overhauled. It should cost 300 gems only, have 10x summons, and feature only the best of the best heroes. Oh yeah, and all those heroes should be available for full unlock. Having just token drops is insanely stupid for the most expensive portal. And what's this "Better VIP Portal" nonsense under VIP 10's listed bonuses? I've seen no difference. They need to make the VIP Portal amazing, as it should be, and then make it even BETTER for players who got to VIP 10. It's supposed to be a reward for getting VIP levels, but hardly anyone even uses it.

Lastly, and this is probably what's least likely to ever happen - but we could use a new type of portal. Actually, I think it would be quite necessary to add a new type of portal in if they're ever to move around all the heroes like I suggested earlier. I think a portal between Great and Honor would be a nice place to drop a lot of the previously Heroic-exclusive heroes. Make it cost gold or honor, I don't care - but make it cost more gold or less honor, depending on the choice there. Or maybe even make it cost gems? Like 50 gems per summon? I dunno.

I just think a huge portal re-work is one of the major steps this game needs to stay alive in the long run.
  • A little, but it’s tollerable
    I agree with Jack. Maybe a tower portal? Or a more special gold based portal, costing 1 million per summon (this would be mainly for endgame players, we swim in gold. Some of my teammates are up to 1 000 000 000 gold). Or a cheap gem portal, lime he mentioned.
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
  • StinkyStinky Member
    I don’t see it as pay to win
    The Winterfest format means that I not only get the new hero, but can also get him to four or five stars. That seems less pay2win than VIP portal heroes.
    Ok here we go. MaxBeamer is currently level 57 and I have spent a total of 5 dollars on that account. I have made it to Legend 1 every week since opening My Dungeon and even now after the Barbs have invaded the tower it has NEVER beaten me. So how is this game pay to win? I’m sorry but most of you just aren’t playing right. If you are having fun keep playing the way you are, but if you aren’t having fun anymore change your playing style and strategies.
    GingeNinja wrote: »
    I agree with Jack. Maybe a tower portal? Or a more special gold based portal, costing 1 million per summon (this would be mainly for endgame players, we swim in gold. Some of my teammates are up to 1 000 000 000 gold). Or a cheap gem portal, lime he mentioned.

I think a resources portal, it would have some special events like heroic,like chance for gems,XP,or maybe increased chance for something, the majority of the time you will be getting evos, loot keys, gold,crafting items, or ect. Ok fine you dragged tout of me6 stared heroes!!! potions!

All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    If I couldn’t pay to win, why in hell would I suffer playing it?
  • Yeah, Dungeon Boss has increasingly become pay to win
    Yes... and how else do you expect DB to make revenue to keep the game going?

Play at your own pace. So you don't "win" an Event for an Elite Rune (most likely you wouldn't win anyways - lets be real)or you don't get a 6 star hero after a two week event.

Instead, how about complaining that with thousands of participants - only the top 10 are rewarded (with actual worthy prizes).

There are ALOT of other issues to criticize the game about so be THANKFUL to those who actually SUPPORT the game and pay for you to keep playing for free.

Like, VIP - What perk does VIP status prove now? Used to be that you needed to be in VIP 5 to get access to an exclusive hero... gave VIP some kind of meaning. Now, pointless.

Same two Aether heroes... Daegon hasn't ever changed... Lupina is STILL the only hero to come in the surprise chest thing... on and on. DB definitely can put all that cheddar to something more exciting... they're about as creative as a dictionary right now.
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
    MelofSteel wrote: »
    There are ALOT of other issues to criticize the game about so be THANKFUL to those who actually SUPPORT the game and pay for you to keep playing for free. [/quote

Now this is something I hate. Just because us non-spenders don't see the need to waste our money at any given opportunity, but rather the satisfaction of hard work and dedication to get better, doesn't mean we should be thanking you. I know this is another fast-leveling vs slow-leveling type of argument, but there is no need to shove it in our faces.

We don't need to grovel at your feet because you spend money on this game.
  • LafooteLafoote Member
    A little, but it’s tollerable
    The one area it bothers me is the top 100. You don't need to spend an extravagant amount of money, but if you don't buy tickets, you're not going to qualify. Ever. It's less a competition and more a vending machine.
  • lythstihllythstihl Member
    edited June 24
    My issue is its no longer a game of microtransactions, lot's of people spending a few dollars here and there. Its a game of macrotransactions $100+ and its become more frequent. Winterfest was once a year now it's every 2 months..... I don't bregrudge them earning money, just seems like there are better ways to do it.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • Yeah, Dungeon Boss has increasingly become pay to win
    @GingeNinja - Never asked anyone to thank anyone - just said to be thankful. Something I HATE, are the people who use the condescending term "pay to win".... and the term you just pointed out "wasting" money on a mobile game.. if some have more disposable income than others - good for them.

Don't spend money on the game... no big deal, this game is great because it does not require anyone to spend money and you can still progress, play at your own pace and still get rewarded - on that note, don't make it a big deal about those who do spend money, as if that's a bad thing for the game. Go to the start of the this thread and see who's shoving what rhetoric into who's face and there are many threads alike.

And lets be clear, I'm NOT a big spender (VIP 7 spread over three years) and haven't come close to winning any of the top prizes.. However, I AM thankful to those who do spend bigtime, and keep this game running.

Happy gaming!
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • Webber91Webber91 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I also feel the sheer amount of hero’s makes the game feel a little cluttered. There’s and least a dozen hero’s that I’m sure people just have rotting in there rosters just going to waste because there are many better alternatives. Also I think having another portal would help a lot because DB can’t just keep cramming hero’s int9 the heroic portal @toothlessmon @JackHallow666 @GingeNinja

@Webber91 I love the current amount of heros in the game, since it adds more complexity and ... to the game. And we have to admit that the devs are trying to keep many heros relevant. Your on the right path in terms of hero reworks @Joel !

@MelofSteel Happy gaming to you too buddy

The thing is, there are only two ways to develop your team's strength in the game, either you play or you purchase. If you play more than others you will develop faster. If you pay for some content you'll get it sooner and have a (temporary) advantage. This has always been the way with this sort of game, and always will be.

If you're not prepared to do either then I don't really see how you can complain. You're a casual player, and that's fine.

All computer games exist to make money, not for our entertainment. Any enjoyment we get out of them is just an enticement to continue to play. If you're not enjoying it anymore, stop playing.
  • Webber91Webber91 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @GingeNinja I'm glad to see some of the heros being reworked. That's going to help, but before some of the reworks some of the heros were irrelevant