My Boss Mode Rant

DISCLAIMER: At the time of writing this, I am level 72. I have not worked on the new Boss Mode dungeons, except for a couple, so there might be a few things I get wrong. I also completed the first half of Boss Mode, so I may get what I say about that wrong as well. Feel free to correct me.

All in all, I really like things being organized. I will usually go do whatever I can to make things organized, which is why, after a solid month, I have decided to come here.

The post-Lich Boss Mode Dungeons really annoy me.

I'm not saying that they're hard, but the way they're organized just turns my brain to mush. Don't get me wrong, I love the jungle, but, well, you'll see where I'm coming from.

1. Chapter 12
Why? Why is chapter 12 like this? What's wrong with Chapter 12? This, This is what's wrong with chapter 12:
kkgxgdk55dgk.jpeg
Why are there only 2 dungeons?! It wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't so different from all the other dungeons. It didn't really bother me until the new set of dungeons came out because I always figured either the rest would only be 2 dungeons, or, more likely, they would add more. Yet they are still lonesome! I mean, they're even marked with (N), implying that there should be others! Honestly it just drives me off the deep end.

2. Progressing
I'll admit; This doesn't bother me as much as the last one, but it's still annoying. Why the sudden shift in how you have to complete the previous chapter to progress? Like I said, it doesn't bother me as much, and it's lighted by the same reason that the change to 10 energy doesn't bother me, it is halfway through the campaign and if there was time for a shift it would be there, but, at least to me, it feels kind of fragmented and doesn't make much sense. This is the part I mentioned in the disclaimer about already beating it so it may have changed, so let me know if I'm wrong.

3. Leveling
This is one I could totally be wrong about, but it's not my strongest point anyway. What's with the sudden shift in not reverting back to 65 after a boss? I'm sure this stems from point 2, but it just seems so off to me. I get that it came out with 10 new levels and whatnot, but why can't it be a 5 level increment between each boss? This is more to do with chapters 6-11, but it still bothers me why this can't be changed or why it wasn't like that in the first place.

Alright, that's pretty much it. I don't like complaining, especially about something that I know the devs must have put a lot of work into, but I felt like this should be shared. I'm really just trying to start a discussion where either I get corrected or as a community we can figure out a way how this could be fixed. If I'm going to complain, I want something good to come out of it.
Level: 74
Position: Officer of Evil Inc
Favorite Hero: Ekko
"Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
Tagged:

Comments