WIP team...Aria/Diamond/Emily/Yoko

Not in that order, exactly. My diamond and yoko are only 4* and aria's just 5 so I don't have the full force of the team to try out...but the synergy between emily/aria/diamond is proving rather potent, even if the latter tends to end up flat on the ground. Yokozuna is there for throwing the enemy off balance, I've also considered Astrid, Leonidus, or just going 'no tank' and bringing in Sifu to add shield popping. Or possibly though unlikely Ekko for his...her...Ekko Things. Any thoughts from people?

Comments

• What lvl/ league are you in?
    I will try and help you :)
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
  • UratohUratoh Member
    71, Legend 2 at the moment. I HAVE the emily/ferno/gt/agnon team, I'm trying to find something new and interesting.
  • Nothing is really foolproof. Shade fears Yoko and then that's it.
    Is there a fearproofing rune?
  • Obviously not.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    zqb5cd9hlg1n.png
  • UratohUratoh Member
    I've since brought in Sifu to the team. it works rather well :o
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited July 13
    Uratoh wrote: »
    ...Or possibly though unlikely Ekko for his...her...Ekko Things. Any thoughts from people?
    Hey now, what's wrong with Ekko? Before the Emily buff, I'd say he was the best of the light heroes. If anything, I'd dump Aria and pick up Ekko (keeping Sifu around). Team Energy Vault protects against Balog and Deadeye's energy depletion. Barbs being in the ascendency means Grog isn't around so much - which means Energize +crit is worth more. Ekko is extremely hard to kill in turn one, has a tanky yellow/yellow/red/green/blue rune setup, and an epic that has defense as the prime stat and HP as the second. Before the recent change to Agnon's Graniteform, I had him holding my tank rune and he did a fine job. Even without the tank rune, though, you'll find that Shade can't resist trying to nuke Ekko - which is good, because Ekko is 100% immune to spirit attacks. That comes bundled with Possession and (I think) Spirit Link immunities.

Rolla8 has a video here of Ekko + flying team doing work. It's outdated now since it was before the barbs rolled onto the scene, but it still shows that Ekko is useful. To be fair, the poor guy is prone to bugs, with his Ethereal Spirit trait getting broken more often than it should, but what can you do.

• UratohUratoh Member
    Stinky wrote: »
    ...Or possibly though unlikely Ekko for his...her...Ekko Things. Any thoughts from people?
    Hey now, what's wrong with Ekko? Before the Emily buff, I'd say he was the best of the light heroes. If anything, I'd dump Aria and pick up Ekko (keeping Sifu around). Team Energy Vault protects against Balog and Deadeye's energy depletion. Barbs being in the ascendency means Grog isn't around so much - which means Energize +crit is worth more.

I think a bit more explanation of 'why not Ekko' is in order. I think this image right here will basically sum the problem I have with trying the spirit out in teams:
    Capture_2018-07-13-17-58-31.png

I have considered Ekko taunt/etc with the rune etc, but there's an incredible amount of work I'd need to do to actually make it tough enough to do its thing. I *AM* working on it, and it is an option I'm considering, especially since electricity is even more potent now, but I just maxed Black Diamond's epic so even once I get those Astrals I'm still drained on materials because everything uses the same materials.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Oh, fair enough. :)
  • UratohUratoh Member

I do have Ekko at 6* in case I ever get him up there, so what was your thought on inserting him into the team setup? currently running Diamond/Sifu (tank runes)/Emily/Aria. Obviously this is a ways off since it'd require getting deep investment into his Epic, but it's not out of CONSIDERATION.
  • li30li30 Member
    I think BD sifu Emily aria alr a decent team, to make best use of reso, maxing BD epic first, ekko not only requires epic but also needs focus rune to boost his lighting dmg which is another expanse, just my 2cent.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited July 18

I do have Ekko at 6* in case I ever get him up there, so what was your thought on inserting him into the team setup? currently running Diamond/Sifu (tank runes)/Emily/Aria. Obviously this is a ways off since it'd require getting deep investment into his Epic, but it's not out of CONSIDERATION.
    I imagine he'd be more useful than Aria, especially if you have the taunt rune from the tank event. Only certain characters can kill Ekko on turn one, and he is immune to Balog's Cry Havoc silence effect; Ekko's still affected by Balog's Mute (the silence Balog inflicts on a basic attack when teamed with Drakk), but most of the time Ekko gets off Energize just fine.

Team wide +2 energy goes a long way, and since your whole team is made up of light heroes, they also all get the passive energy from being teamed up with Ekko at the start of a dungeon/raid.

- Emily can use any of her abilities on turn one instead of fishing for an Epic Attack, assuming everyone is alive; if Sifu doesn't need saving from being frozen, diseased, silenced etc., then Emily can apply Magnified Light as her first move.
    - Sifu's also got enough energy to use any of his abilities, so why not open up with Warrior's Chi to self heal and then buff himself and BD with Haste, +def and another energy? If the +crit hasn't be purged, then he's likely to slap Paralyze on people with his next move.
    - BD will be short one energy for another Blade Storm, but both Assassinate and Assassin's Wrath will be ready. Or you can fish twice for epic attacks.
    - If Ekko does die, then Emily can res him with +3 energy, meaning Ekko is likely to re-energize everyone and you get another spin on the merry-go-round.
    - Ekko's epic attack drains 2 energy from an enemy and gives it to himself. Yes, it's a 30% chance to trigger at best, but when it works it's a type of silence effect. Now that Agnon's not Lightning immune, it should in theory work on him, too.

I got myself stoked up enough to try it out on Babel Mountain, and although I don't know how far it'll go in PvP, it's definitely a lot of fun. My BD has a very low level epic and neither she nor my Sifu are very well runed. They're both only four-starred. Sifu's sitting at ~4.7k attack while BD is ~4.5k attack. Nobody took any noticable damage and while some rooms took two moves to clear instead of one, the only things to slow me down were the enemy Alexes (armored, immune to shock and lightning, immune to Magnified Light). Pretty good for a team that doesn't have any of the best damage dealers (Agnon, Furnace, Grog) on board and what's best is that they're all a decent size. None of this sparkle-blocking nonsense.
  • UratohUratoh Member
    edited July 18
    Team wide +2 energy goes a long way, and since your whole team is made up of light heroes, they also all get the passive energy from being teamed up with Ekko at the start of a dungeon/raid.

- Emily can use any of her abilities on turn one instead of fishing for an Epic Attack, assuming everyone is alive; if Sifu doesn't need saving from being frozen, diseased, silenced etc., then Emily can apply Magnified Light as her first move.

I honestly hadn't considered this specific thing, the +1 energy works in raids? I also hadn't thought about how Energize means I could just dump the festive runes from Emily. and put the red one on Black Diamond, since the skill on what she has now is literally wasted. This is seeming like a better and better idea, though it has to wait until after the guild games, since even if I get the astrals, I CAN'T affort to grind out another epic, it'd push me into a new pvp bracket.

Edit: Sifu could also use Warrior's Chi turn 1, followed by whatever he feels is relevant, giving BD haste and enough energy to use Assassin's Wrath as her opener on turn 2...
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited July 18
    The passive energy traits that Ekko and Kobal have work in PvP raids and dungeons, it's only the tower where they have zero effect.

Edit: I've tried a few raids with these guys and for me, it's hard to stop DB from dying too early. Maybe you'll have more luck; like I said, I haven't invested much into my DB.
    Post edited by Stinky on
  • UratohUratoh Member
    The passive energy traits that Ekko and Kobal have work in PvP raids and dungeons, it's only the tower where they have zero effect.

Edit: I've tried a few raids with these guys and for me, it's hard to stop DB from dying too early. Maybe you'll have more luck; like I said, I haven't invested much into my DB.

And with the Phemus rework today, a team wide off balance and guaranteed hit...it's making swapping Ekko in for Aria (and sifu's tank runes for aria's dps runes) seem yet more probable, assuming he turns out to be useful with his rework. Still can't afford to grind out an epic till the PVP event is over, though.