UPDATED: Excessive Mail Issue

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited July 2018 in Announcements
We are aware that players are receiving an excessive amount of mail from Thalia and are looking into the cause.

The excessive mail should now be removed from inboxes. We will be sending one more iteration of the mail to account for players who did not log in and claim their rewards during Thalia's spamfest.

We will not be doing a full server rollback, as that would cause a significant number of issues for anyone who made a purchase, portal pull, or crafted a rune. We have taken away the majority of the gems claimed by the player who got the top spot on the leaderboard, but runes will be left in place. As for aether, 200,000 aether is about 1200 tokens for gold heroes, meaning someone could get 5 heroes from 5* to 6*, which ultimately isn't huge. With regards to the runes, they're only water runes with damage reduction. While they are valuable, they are not game breaking, even in excessive amounts.

This incident was the result of a bugged server, not the event itself, which was thoroughly tested. We have taken steps to ensure that this will not happen again. We will also be holding a mini-summit on Monday to address any outstanding concerns.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• @Joel at least one person posted that they got 4 runes from opening the first 4. Whatever is done is going to NEED to remove the hundreds of runes (at least superior I think) that they got. I know that often you leave the reward with the player when an error is made but hundreds of runes will be so unbalanced as to make it absolutely unfair to everyone else in the game.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • Hey now, DB screws up, consider it free loot lol. :D
  • Since others have gotten 400 free runes I’d like some also. Please send to my mailbox. Thanks
  • Yeah 100 people in water and 100 people in nature should get hundreds of huge runes and hundreds of thousands of aether and everyone else nothing. That's the way to have everyone else feel like they can get anywhere in this game. One rune I could buy that idea this much loot is so unbalanced it's like you give those people an "I Win" button and everyone else a "Too Bad So Sad" button.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • lythstihl wrote: »
    @Joel at least one person posted that they got 4 runes from opening the first 4. Whatever is done is going to NEED to remove the hundreds of runes (at least superior I think) that they got. I know that often you leave the reward with the player when an error is made but hundreds of runes will be so unbalanced as to make it absolutely unfair to everyone else in the game.

I can confirm other folks are getting this unlimited mail thing. Imagine what rank #1 is getting. They get elite gem, tokens, rare mats, and 2k gems! Whoever was #1 and has this problem probably have over 100,000 gems from mail by now, and will continue to grow!
  • wagdogg wrote: »
    Since others have gotten 400 free runes I’d like some also. Please send to my mailbox. Thanks

It's not 400 mine was as high as 600 at one point and every time I tried to clear some it went up not down.
  • The mail is continuing to grow, thus the infinite amount of rewards.
  • Unlimited runes? Ok I’d like 5mil gem compensation please.
  • wagdogg wrote: »
    Unlimited runes? Ok I’d like 5mil gem compensation please.

First place might actually get 5M gems haha
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    wagdogg wrote: »
    Unlimited runes? Ok I’d like 5mil gem compensation please.

First place might actually get 5M gems haha

Easily plus a lot of other stuff.
  • I also want to know if the saved mails below the hundreds are still there or disappeared because of this. If that happened that's yet another huge problem.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The excessive mail should now be removed from inboxes. We will be sending one more iteration of the mail to account for players who did not log in and claim their rewards during Thalia's spamfest.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Currently 9th place in water and haven’t received anything. I want my money back!
  • What about those who got 200k ether and runes? This might be your most spectacular screwup to date.
  • Monkeynuts wrote: »
    What about those who got 200k ether and runes? This might be your most spectacular screwup to date.

LOL truth!
  • @Monkeynuts May I remind you of a 5k attack rune?
  • Joel wrote: »

So do the rest of us need to deal with players who got thousands of times the intended rewards or is tha getting fixed?
  • lythstihl wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

So do the rest of us need to deal with players who got thousands of times the intended rewards or is tha getting fixed?

Don't forget that if you had legit mail, it might be gone. I was lucky enough to have collected evrything so my mailbox was empty prior to this glitch.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    lythstihl wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

Don't forget that if you had legit mail, it might be gone. I was lucky enough to have collected evrything so my mailbox was empty prior to this glitch.

Nope the real mail is still there, the big issue to be settled now is if the rediculous rewards are getting removed or not.
  • I did not get any extra rewards because I didn’t get any rewards. I haven’t been talking part in this event, but if people did get extra I say let them keep it.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited July 2018
    MaxBeamer wrote: »
    I did not get any extra rewards because I didn’t get any rewards. I haven’t been talking part in this event, but if people did get extra I say let them keep it.

This wasn’t just “extra” where someone comes out a little ahead. Everyone who got rewards would have gotten enough runes to fill every slot on their entire roster. People who got gem rewards would have gotten hundreds to thousands of dollars worth of gems.
  • Yes, I realize that they got tons of stuff. So what. Good for them.
  • MaxBeamer wrote: »
    I did not get any extra rewards because I didn’t get any rewards. I haven’t been talking part in this event, but if people did get extra I say let them keep it.

This wasn’t just “extra” where someone comes out a little ahead. Everyone who got rewards would have gotten enough runes to fill every slot on their entire roster. People who got gem rewards would have gotten hundreds to thousands of dollars worth of gems.

Letting them keep those gems means they have so many that they can just win first every day for the rest of the event and there’s nothing anyone can do about it. Their guilds will automatically get top rewards. It breaks the entire event, if not the game.

Well, to be accurate, it's a blue rune, so you would still be limited to blue slots. But yes, it was a massive oversight that will surely affect players and give some huge advantages.
    edited July 2018
    Yes, I realize that they got tons of stuff. So what. Good for them.

Really?

Letting them keep those gems means they have so many that they can just win first every day for the rest of the event and there’s nothing anyone can do about it. Their guilds will automatically get top rewards. It breaks the entire event, plus however many future events. What if they save a couple hundred thousand gems to skyrocket their guild to the top of next guild competition and your guild can’t compete?

Letting them keep an entire roster worth of elite runes means they will shoot way up roster power leaderboard (some people care about that). They could be tougher to beat in pvp, which affects everyone. Pull their team in your daily tower and now you’ve got a much harder tower. This affects upcoming pvp guild games as well. It sorta just messes up bits of everything for everyone.
  • Well they can’t just take it all away. How will they know when to stop taking it away? If you think they are good enough to take the exact right amount of things away then they should have been good enough not to mess up at all, or commit the countless other mistakes that they do.
  • MaxBeamer wrote: »

Only 2 people got gems, the 1st place finishers. Wonder if they are spending them as fast as they can.
    edited July 2018
    I don’t know what options they have to fix it. But shrugging and saying “well, the next X events are now screwed” is not viable.

On top of that, how many people had saved up guild reward mails that lost them? How many had saved pvp reward mails that lost them? Some people could have taken a substantial hit in the other direction.
  • lythander wrote: »

Only 2 people got gems, the 1st place finishers. Wonder if they are spending them as fast as they can.

Agreed, only 2. My concern is they could use those rewards to essentially make themselves unbeatable in any future events they want to. And make their guilds unbeatable.