give Kobal some love

Kobal has been referenced as horrible since better dark heroes came along. I want that to change! Any ideas for synergy or new abilities? Please comment so others will see
Post edited by enterusernamehere on
Tagged:

Comments

• I was thinking that he could gain 20% Atk for each enemy with disease
  • Turn arcane bolts into an attack that does 2.5x dmg to non undead heroes
  • danacdanac Member
    I would but I hear he has a disease....
  • I liked Kobal :(

I think Phenol and Icepick are the worst now.
  • I liked Kobal :(

I think Phenol and Icepick are the worst now.

I think Kobal has one of the coolest designs in the game and he has really good cc, one of his abilities literally has that name, but I think that his issue is that unless you build him as a glass canon, he can't quite meet up with the other dark casters. I think that all Kobal needs is a little bit of a buff to his defense, a good buff to his skill, and a reworked epic, and you can have a really good support. Since all of his special attacks hit the whole enemy team, he has great potential to be a debuffer is you put the runes like the Incineration rune, so that all his abilities have a good chance to burn/poison/disease or whatever, giving the rest of your team an easy time.

But seriously, if there was ever someone who needs an epic rework it's this guy. He just has a weaker version of Grog's epic. I don't know what it should be, though, so does anyone have any ideas?
    Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • echonapechonap Member
    Kobal is the most dominant PVE hero. He is fine the way he is. Not everyone needs to have a role in the PVP meta.

• I think Kobal has one of the coolest designs in the game and he has really good cc, one of his abilities literally has that name, but I think that his issue is that unless you build him as a glass canon, he can't quite meet up with the other dark casters. I think that all Kobal needs is a little bit of a buff to his defense, a good buff to his skill, and a reworked epic, and you can have a really good support. Since all of his special attacks hit the whole enemy team, he has great potential to be a debuffer is you put the runes like the Incineration rune, so that all his abilities have a good chance to burn/poison/disease or whatever, giving the rest of your team an easy time.

But seriously, if there was ever someone who needs an epic rework it's this guy. He just has a weaker version of Grog's epic. I don't know what it should be, though, so does anyone have any ideas?

He should get an epic rework since furnace is never a problem

• As his whole kit is about AOE damage, I think his epic should not only attack a single target and instead work like Grogs+disease. He should already have a passive that is 2 or 1.5x to diseased (similar to old ignus) and with CC, 2x more. He already has a difficult time spreading disease without his death (which of course requires him to die...).
    echonap wrote: »
    Kobal is the most dominant PVE hero. He is fine the way he is. Not everyone needs to have a role in the PVP meta.

I have to disagree with you here. With the addition of runes, many people can only focus on one team for both PVP and PVE. This means that many heroes are useless because they don't play a role in both. I realize that many heroes ARE going to be useless, but that should not be because they do not function in both, it should be because they don't fit into the meta.
  • edited July 24
    Maybe we ask for a synergy with zomm so he spreads more disease
  • *suggest
  • echonapechonap Member
    I have to disagree with you here. With the addition of runes, many people can only focus on one team for both PVP and PVE. This means that many heroes are useless because they don't play a role in both. I realize that many heroes ARE going to be useless, but that should not be because they do not function in both, it should be because they don't fit into the meta.

So let me get this straight. You want to change the game so that people who only have enough runes for one team will no longer need to improve their roster so that they can compete with people who have more than one team runed? Can we also lower the difficulty of boss mode so level 1s can get Krexx's new skin?

• williamwilliam Member
    Thus off topic u should have posted it on community and creation
  • hatredhatred Member
    @SeasideStorm to make him less of a glass cannon maybe make arcane bolts life steal and steal defense on diseased heroes
  • echonap wrote: »

So let me get this straight. You want to change the game so that people who only have enough runes for one team will no longer need to improve their roster so that they can compete with people who have more than one team runed? Can we also lower the difficulty of boss mode so level 1s can get Krexx's new skin?

Dude, boss mode has boss in it for a reason. Why are you so anti Kobal revamp? Go somewhere else and get triggered about Phemus’ revamp.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Dude, boss mode has boss in it for a reason. Why are you so anti Kobal revamp? Go somewhere else and get triggered about Phemus’ revamp.

I already explained myself in my first post. He does not need a revamp. He is literally the most overused PVE hero. Most people use him to carry 3 other heroes on autorun to level up other heroes. You want to make him more useful than he is, when there are 40 other heroes that have no use in tower, pvp, or pve?

This is what I get for trying to explain logic to newbies...

• echonap wrote: »

No... I think that all heroes should have a place in PVP (Of course it can't all be at once but a close to balanced game would have them in rotation when metas change). Many people have finished the campaign and all that's left is PVP, why not give heroes their share in the lime light? I just don't think heroes should ever be left to only one area of the game that can be completed.
  • Echonap Im level 73...
  • EZhonourHEREEZhonourHERE Member
    edited August 3
    I think he would be awesome if he could get rid of leos "light heroes aren't affected by dark hero bonus" thing, so he has his own little niche
  • That's such a niche battle only when Kobal faces Leo. Besides why nerf Leo? The ONLY good thing about Leo is his Solaris combo.
  • They aren't going to give the (3rd?) Easiest hero to get anything impressive, the best you can hope for is a single niche, I just thought that was a fun one, did you have a better idea?
  • I just don't think a hero should negate a unique passive like that. It would barely buff Kobal and leo doesn't need a nerf.
  • They aren't going to give the (3rd?) Easiest hero to get anything impressive, the best you can hope for is a single niche, I just thought that was a fun one, did you have a better idea?

You know who else is super easy to get? Abigail. You know who the easiest hero to get is? Rogar.

Look what they did to those two.
  • williamwilliam Member
    Seasidestorm Now they are OP with there families
  • Exactly my point. One thing I love about DB is that a lot of the time the heroes you get early on in the game can still be very useful later on, so Kobal can be perfectly fine getting a nice juicey buff.