Game Update: Backend Data, Portal Probabilities, and Big Fish Login System Update

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited August 7 in Announcements
Hey everyone!

We are in the process of releasing an update that you will need to download from your app store. The vast majority of the update is backend stuff related to data collection and protection that will not impact the game that cannot be implemented without a full-scale update. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The one visible change that has been made with this update is that you can now see the probability for individual heroes to appear in portals. To see the probabilities, tap the "Hero Drops" button for a portal and then tap the "Show Drop Chances" button. After that, just tap and hold the profile image for the hero whose drop rate you want to see!

It will appear like this:
aygs47rc0f89.png

Super fancy!!

We also have a button for other portal drop odds (things that aren't tokens). The current link goes to the forum instead of the proper web page, but that will be updated later this week. The button will eventually lead you to THIS PAGE.

Also, Big Fish has made some updates to their account login system. The biggest difference is that if you are already logged into an account, you cannot immediately log into another account via Facebook or Google, you will have to log out of the first account to see the Facebook/Google login options.
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Ooh, chest odds! That’ll be nice to keep track (and to add to the wiki).
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    Y8MqAzC.png
  • Thank you Joel! A great step toward transparency.
  • @Joel one minor tweak suggestion for the drop rate page, have whoever made it "Center" the info in the boxes, makes it much easier to read, thanks!

That's it, keep up the good work, we appreciate it.
  • edited August 7
    I’m getting surprised to see some Heroes starting with different Stars. For instance…

@Joel Is Ferno gonna start off with 0 Stars?
    9shi9m4uxmiw.png
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    Y8MqAzC.png
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited August 7
    That's strange, they should be visible. I'll have that looked at.
  • great thx for this data is everything today
  • Swordking35Swordking35 Member
    edited August 7
    @Joel A bunch of heroes are missing from the aether shop. For example, Mangle jaw and GT. And can we get an update on all the changed star ratings? Why is Mangle jaw a three star, according to the portal screen?

Edit- I’m being stupid about the aether shop thing. They aren’t missing, I have just already six starred them. My bad.
    I’m also told by a guildie that star ratings haven’t changed in terms of tokens needed to unlock, so I’m assuming it’s just a glitch.
  • GreenHexCodeGreenHexCode Member
    edited August 7
    And even no iPhone X support for the big screen... :#

forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/57401/iphone-x-support
    @Swordking35 This appears to just be a visual bug, heroes are still being unlocked with the correct number of stars. We're investigating the cause. There should be no hero changes with this update.
  • Ok thanks!
  • Hey i didn't know where eles to say thing but some of the barbs abilities don't work. I used my shades epic attack and the Drakk ran away and My drakk got his unbridled rage by spirit link
  • Joel
    I can't get on!!!!!! The update keeps saying failed check your connection! I reformated my tablet 4 times nothing.
  • With accounts that are linked to facebook... I don't understand the change. Before I could readily swap accounts via link/unlink. That cannot be done anymore? Perhaps I am dense and some could explain it to me. Why change the system?
  • danacdanac Member
    Joel wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

We are in the process of releasing an update that you will need to download from your app store. The vast majority of the update is backend stuff related to data collection and protection that will not impact the game that cannot be implemented without a full-scale update. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The one visible change that has been made with this update is that you can now see the probability for individual heroes to appear in portals. To see the probabilities, tap the "Hero Drops" button for a portal and then tap the "Show Drop Chances" button.

I already know the probabilities:

100% chance for aether.

• Joel every since this update I can't no longer get on!! It says to check my connection it will not update at all! NOW i will be kicked out of the guild because I can't get my crowns
  • ull7sbypn664.png
    x1cgr2xvxgwj.png

Some developer is interested to reply at this problem? Thanks
    Hey folks, we're investigating the login issues. Thank you for your patience!
  • Wipeout2142Wipeout2142 Member
    edited August 8
    Seems this has also messed up how heroes are choosen for pvp. Before they were sorted by level (which was okay since I only have the ones I use for PVP at level 80), but now it's just random :( please fix back @Joel
  • The game keeps crashing after a few seconds... I can't even play. This morning, the game was crashing everytime I tried to access one of the stroes but at least I could make some dungeon runs...
  • Joel since I can't get on and I'm using WiFi since I'm way out in the country with no cellular towers I lost money!! I spent over 1000 on this game and it sounds as if I may never get back on. Will I be reimbursed
    edited August 8
    Joel since I can't get on and I'm using WiFi since I'm way out in the country with no cellular towers I lost money!! I spent over 1000 on this game and it sounds as if I may never get back on. Will I be reimbursed

Don't worry, this is not a permanent change, we are working to fix the problem so you can log back in, this is not a "gone forever" situation. We've also had a few cases of people being able to log in by connecting to a different hotspot or network, so you could try that in the meantime.
  • Am I the only one with the weird "store-crash"? I can play the game all right but as soon as I try to enter a store (anyone of them, I've tried them all), the game crashes.
    :(
    Can't complete my daily quests without buying something from the store...
  • derZornderZorn Member
    Yeah, me too.
    Crashes after a few seconds , sometimes a few minutes.
    Entering the store is a sure way to crash.
    I managed to buy something, though.
    Then it crashed shortly thereafter.
    Not fun.
  • Nothing work, for me and many other people game dont connect to server. Since last 24 hours game is unplayable,is tedious...
  • At now game seem work properly, load and connect for me. Good work guys
  • IbsenIbsen Member
    I am playing fine, but the game crashes when I try to go into any store.
    Isengard_Ibby
  • GordroGordro Member
    Still unable to sign into the game via bluestacks, I was able to a couple of hours ago though.
  • danacdanac Member
    @Joel, this shop issue is screwing with guild crowns.

also, if not fixed soon some folks won't be able to buy those event runes in shop.
    if they have tickets, they should be allowed to buy them. Maybe if possible keep shop open until issue fixed?

• @Joel please make it a company policy for DB NOT to release app updates during any future event. Plan a day or two of nothing and then release it. Thanks!
    The Rune War event already has a buffer built in. The event ends today and the shops always stick around for 24 hours after the event. If the shop issues continue into tomorrow, we will look into increasing the shop's timer further.