New Question & Answer Process Replaces Weekly DB Guild Summits

Comments

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    @Stinky - join Line. It seems selecting targets there is so much easier.
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    I would like to go to the new SCG group but apparently it is even more exclusive.

When your own guild member calls you exhausting, do you wonder why you're being excluded?

• sirolk99 wrote: »
    reading through the latest summit (had a meeting, missed it live, wish i had been there to give voice to the "little people"), i was deeply disappointed by the direction the CT is headed.

most disappointing, is DB_SC's tone deaf assertion that many guilds already have 240 as their minimum.. no, they don't.. the TOP GUILDS already have 240 as their limit, but everyone else is scrambling every week to fill up the roster after someone else quits for another guild, or had to be kicked because they missed the 210 mark. one of the MAJOR problems that is still being overlooked is the requirement to do all quests (all or nothing) to get crowns.

yes, it's not hard, i do it all before i even roll out of bed, but that's not everyone, and things happen. making it all or nothing means that you HAVE to dedicate a chunk of time EVERY DAY, you can't just do a few quick ones for 3-4 days, and do them all on the other 3-4 days. you may not think so, but you are changing the system toward one that is very much a "hard core" gamer model.

i have been less and less inclined to play the game. i'm sitting on a ton of resources; given up on a new aether hero; hero sorting; etc.

soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • I want to chime in that I also hate and have hated the current crown system since it was changed. Having to do every quest daily sucks. I barely have time to play this as much as I love it and I would like to play other games on nights I leave work and not have to worry about doing everything before midnight. I can't exactly wake up and get everything done right there all the time and some days I'm just barely getting it done before the reset. It's not hard to get all the crowns, just not user friendly right now having to do every quest, even with that speed glitch from PvP to make quickloot/menu browsing quicker.
  • Any summary log from the 20th?
  • Summits only happen every other week :smile:
    Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • Thanks @sirolk99. My answer wasn’t there. Probably because my question wasn’t there.
  • There should've been another summit by now, correct?
  • On Monday, Sept 10th 2018 was the last summit

In case anyone want to read about it:
    https://apps.jack-of-all-trades.net/download/C9044e756d82e2311ef1866c90245ae01-1536602538
  • Once again DB makes their stance on cheating(using bots) very clear. “It’s fine as long as you spend money.”
  • bots are ok, problem is in modified versions of game clients, like anyone can download it and for example one shot any of your heroes in pvp even if he is lvl 30 and your lvl is 80.
  • Bots are not okay.
  • Joel wrote: »
    Hey all! I'll ask that you please move speculation to a different thread. This is supposed to be for the summit updates :)

Joel i can go in my account please help it is vip 9 and lvl 78 i work very hard on it please , ign : CrimsonRaven , i contacted support too ok
  • This game dependence on line.app is a joke I'll give you a good question. "How do we get are dungeon boss community off of a 3rd party app and onto r platform?" the success of this game will always b bottle necked if it needs line to communicate. Y we need to know what people r ascending is a complete joke to me. U rework ur communication platform and then u own the flow of dungeon boss information and most ur question answers would float right by ur faces and u wouldn't have to appear in need of help.
  • go home jumper you're drunk lol. there's not just line, groupme is better.
  • There is nothing sadder than someone who has quit playing the game but still won’t move on to something else. He is saying that we shouldn’t need any chat apps to successfully play this game and he is right.
  • Anyone have the summit logs for the week?
  • Wow! I’m sorry but I have to say that I just feel that these summits are a big waste of time for all involved.
  • Well said, Muppet! How did the SCG react to this when you stated it there?
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Monkeynuts wrote: »
    Well said, Muppet! How did the SCG react to this when you stated it there?

I am not allowed there. I’m just a muppet.
  • I saw a proposal to gather a list of items to present to the dev team shortly before the summit, have them respond and ask questions at the summit.

I think that's a great idea, it would get the important issues heard no matter what.
  • @bvs72 in all seriousness, you should be in the summit meetings (as long as you can behave) ;)
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @sirolk99 - that is a lot to ask of me. “Muppets just want to have fun.” Cyndi Lauper (wise woman)
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    edited October 9
    I really don’t want to ruffle any feathers here. I feel that I should preface my post by saying as much. I do not mean to point fingers or attack anyone.

If my understanding is correct, these summits are a chance for high-tier guild leaders and a plus one to a dialog about the game’s direction, as well as give feedback about recent events and changes.

There are two subgroups, or a subgroup within a subgroup, that has/have started producing topic lists. Comments made by players on the forums, this thread included, have little impact on the topics discussed.

The heavy presence of guild-leaders caused the slight (and I emphasize, slight) change in tourney-change times to be seen as the most pressing issue to discuss. This appears to be because their opinions and wishes weren’t ultimately followed in DBs final decision.

When someone else in the discussion wanted to switch gears, others wanted to stick to the topic list (and consequently, the guild discussion). This caused a chaotic rift and thus directionless squabbling.

TL;DR a list of topics is necessary, but those responsible for its generation ought to be more receptive to what players outside of their circle see as important. Otherwise, the situation that occurred this time will likely happen again.

———
    On that note: topics i wish were hit:

The animosity towards Kozar’s quest reflects a fear of a precedent of paying to play quests being set. The future of this sort of thing is unknown

Despite dev promises, hero epics such as BDs still require significant Pyre Embers and Flame Bars/Spirits. We need explanations and accountability for this.

VIP benefits are shrinking into nonexistence.
  • So @PsychedelicFox had a great idea to display 4th stats below PvP opponents. It is a simple, effective and elegant solution to the tedious, sometimes opaque, opponent scouting. What is the best way to get this idea to the devs?
    xkwfsi0zqg1t.png