Shine On, Boss! The Light Festival Is Back!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
2wcsmxo8aq4d.png

The Light Festival is back and shining brighter than ever! Throughout this event, all Light heroes get the Relentless Righteousness buff, which increases their Attack stat by 50% and lets them follow up any attack made by another Light ally!

Plus, we've got a special event dungeon and lots of quests that pay out a variety of Light hero tokens as well as materials that are used for Light runes.

Go forth and shine on!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

  • Really expected a rework. Would have been a perfect time to rework Augustus or Zen
  • The fact that this event is "back" is why I don't anticipate a huge amount of gameplay from it
  • Light tuner doesnt work
    bulding (crafting a superior guardian rune) or upgrding a greater white rune
    is that normal?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hey @artech. The quest is specifically looking for tuning, not crafting or upgrading.

    @NobodyPi, I never called it the most incredible or anticipated event ever. It's meant to be on the lighter side (pun not intended, but still works) since we just finished the lengthy Hero Calendar event.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Bring on the light! :)

    "Play or don't play, there is no whining!" - unknown
  • How come only some players get an event shop?
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    How come only some players get an event shop?

    It was up for me earlier, maybe this issue brought it down
    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/comment/232880#Comment_232880



  • Joel wrote: »
    Hey @artech. The quest is specifically looking for tuning, not crafting or upgrading.

    yes, because spending 2500 gems *minimum* for those rewards makes sense
    I mean, it's not like you could get the exact same rewards on a Tuesday for like 200 stamina or anything.....






    Joel wrote: »

    @NobodyPi, I never called it the most incredible or anticipated event ever.

    well, there's your mistake.

    If you exaggerate so blatantly, then you'll have at least 35% of the country believing you no matter what.


  • bvs72 wrote: »
    How come only some players get an event shop?

    apparently they don't want you or me buying anything.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    How come only some players get an event shop?

    Keeping the bugged event streak alive! If only my pvp streaks were so good.
  • I would’ve thought there was something I’m anticipating like a new Epic, but I’ll go ahead and enjoy the bonus from this Event!
    50% Attack tho
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    zqb5cd9hlg1n.png
  • Joel wrote: »
    Hey @artech. The quest is specifically looking for tuning, not crafting or upgrading.

    @NobodyPi, I never called it the most incredible or anticipated event ever. It's meant to be on the lighter side (pun not intended, but still works) since we just finished the lengthy Hero Calendar event.

    That hero calendar was the worst by far. No epics, no updates. And if you missed it you are screwed out of UH runes AND the shieldpiercing monster that is supposed to counter them.
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited September 14
    Joel wrote: »
    Hey @artech. The quest is specifically looking for tuning, not crafting or upgrading.

    @Joel please, please re-examine how these tuning quest lines are done. Max tuning a rune, which is basically the only effective way to craft runes at this point, only counts for one tune instead of the entire 12. So you have to spend a boatload of gems to manually tune one by one, meaning you often end up with non-legendary and/or no 4th stat...i.e. you just wasted your gems trying to complete the quest line.

    And even that wouldn’t be so bad if the reward for doing so wasn’t the equivalent of a handful of quickloots. There’s just no reason to ever complete those quest lines when the cost is so extreme and the reward is so insignificant.
  • mrdahl wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    Hey @artech. The quest is specifically looking for tuning, not crafting or upgrading.

    @NobodyPi, I never called it the most incredible or anticipated event ever. It's meant to be on the lighter side (pun not intended, but still works) since we just finished the lengthy Hero Calendar event.

    That hero calendar was the worst by far. No epics, no updates. And if you missed it you are screwed out of UH runes AND the shieldpiercing monster that is supposed to counter them.

    If you don't play the game I don't really think it's reasonable to complain that you missed things that you get by playing the game...

    I'm happy to have a lighter set of quests for a bit. I see this event as a chance for lower level players to build up a bit. There's not a lot here for maxed-out players other than more materials they don't really need, and that's fine.

  • Oh I played it, my Iris is 6* and I have more UH runes then I actually use. But the event itself was more boring then usual and poorly planned. Those who were on a break missed out on both the meta changing runes and their antidote.

    Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • danac wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    Hey @artech. The quest is specifically looking for tuning, not crafting or upgrading.

    yes, because spending 2500 gems *minimum* for those rewards makes sense
    I mean, it's not like you could get the exact same rewards on a Tuesday for like 200 stamina or anything.....






    Joel wrote: »

    @NobodyPi, I never called it the most incredible or anticipated event ever.

    well, there's your mistake.

    If you exaggerate so blatantly, then you'll have at least 35% of the country believing you no matter what.

    danac wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    Hey @artech. The quest is specifically looking for tuning, not crafting or upgrading.

    yes, because spending 2500 gems *minimum* for those rewards makes sense
    I mean, it's not like you could get the exact same rewards on a Tuesday for like 200 stamina or anything.....

    What, you don't think getting 3 mountain spirits, 3 light jewels and 3 light essences for 10 runes is worth it?




    (I'm just going to pretend that quest isn't there - I'm assuming the rewards don't change every 10 tunes.)

    Nothing wrong with a minor event...I'm going to use it as an excuse to level a little. I'm much more concerned about all the gems I lost buying friends to try to tackle last weekends boss mode event since my client bombs to homescreen every 30 minutes or so. It usually doesn't bother me that much unless I've spent 1 or 2 hundred gems on a dungeon and have to restart the dungeon and make the same purchases again.

    They really need to assign someone to play on an IOS device with a high level character and reproduce the environment that causes these crashes...maybe a memory leak or stack overflow or some other kind of resource consumption error that just occurs after long enough or enough of certain activities...

    I recommend lots of looking through character runes, shop descriptions, anything that pops up windows.
  • mrdahl wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    Hey @artech. The quest is specifically looking for tuning, not crafting or upgrading.

    @NobodyPi, I never called it the most incredible or anticipated event ever. It's meant to be on the lighter side (pun not intended, but still works) since we just finished the lengthy Hero Calendar event.

    That hero calendar was the worst by far. No epics, no updates. And if you missed it you are screwed out of UH runes AND the shieldpiercing monster that is supposed to counter them.

    We really just need a good strong useful hero...
  • I think Iris could be great if her stats were not so bad
  • atKorosLit wrote: »
    mrdahl wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    Hey @artech. The quest is specifically looking for tuning, not crafting or upgrading.

    @NobodyPi, I never called it the most incredible or anticipated event ever. It's meant to be on the lighter side (pun not intended, but still works) since we just finished the lengthy Hero Calendar event.

    That hero calendar was the worst by far. No epics, no updates. And if you missed it you are screwed out of UH runes AND the shieldpiercing monster that is supposed to counter them.

    We really just need a good strong useful hero...

    Yes, the last three has been disappointing. I really liked Drakk and the barbarians, but many players felt they were too overpowered, so the devs had to release countless updates and reworks to balance them out.
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • mrdahl wrote: »

    Yes, the last three has been disappointing. I really liked Drakk and the barbarians, but many players felt they were too overpowered, so the devs had to release countless updates and reworks to balance them out.

    For those who don't know, when you choose "Change Champion" (tap on your level shield top left, then tap on your champion), the heroes appear in the "Collection" list in the order you acquired them. Rogar should be top left for everyone, and Iris should be at the bottom.
  • Deathriftx wrote: »
    Really expected a rework. Would have been a perfect time to rework Zen

  • Yeah a rework or epic... im sure we will get one of those soon
  • i really don't understand why max tuning after crafting only counts as one.
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    I'm much more concerned about all the gems I lost buying friends to try to tackle last weekends boss mode event since my client bombs to homescreen every 30 minutes or so. It usually doesn't bother me that much unless I've spent 1 or 2 hundred gems on a dungeon and have to restart the dungeon and make the same purchases again.

    I spent no gems on friends.
    And I'd been so lazy abut runes i had a bunch of high end ones lying around to use.

    The rest was just taking the time to run a few dungeons a few times.

    And while I didn't lose gems when the game crashed, I did have to run dungeons it took me ten minutes to get trough [the all undead one for example] twice because the game crashed at the end.


  • danac wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »
    I'm much more concerned about all the gems I lost buying friends to try to tackle last weekends boss mode event since my client bombs to homescreen every 30 minutes or so. It usually doesn't bother me that much unless I've spent 1 or 2 hundred gems on a dungeon and have to restart the dungeon and make the same purchases again.

    I spent no gems on friends.
    And I'd been so lazy abut runes i had a bunch of high end ones lying around to use.

    The rest was just taking the time to run a few dungeons a few times.

    And while I didn't lose gems when the game crashed, I did have to run dungeons it took me ten minutes to get trough [the all undead one for example] twice because the game crashed at the end.


    I concede that you are a substantially more capable player than I.
  • I see the Shop now has an Event tab. I myself might not spend Gems at this time, but hey, thanks for giving us options! :)
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    zqb5cd9hlg1n.png
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    danac wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »
    I'm much more concerned about all the gems I lost buying friends to try to tackle last weekends boss mode event since my client bombs to homescreen every 30 minutes or so. It usually doesn't bother me that much unless I've spent 1 or 2 hundred gems on a dungeon and have to restart the dungeon and make the same purchases again.

    I spent no gems on friends.
    And I'd been so lazy abut runes i had a bunch of high end ones lying around to use.

    The rest was just taking the time to run a few dungeons a few times.

    And while I didn't lose gems when the game crashed, I did have to run dungeons it took me ten minutes to get trough [the all undead one for example] twice because the game crashed at the end.


    I concede that you are a substantially more capable player than I.


    I was thinking I was just willing tor run the dungeon a few more times instead of using friends to rush through.
    also that I was so lazy I had 3 UH heart runes in my inventory I hadn't put on anyone.




  • danac wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »
    danac wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »
    I'm much more concerned about all the gems I lost buying friends to try to tackle last weekends boss mode event since my client bombs to homescreen every 30 minutes or so. It usually doesn't bother me that much unless I've spent 1 or 2 hundred gems on a dungeon and have to restart the dungeon and make the same purchases again.

    I spent no gems on friends.
    And I'd been so lazy abut runes i had a bunch of high end ones lying around to use.

    The rest was just taking the time to run a few dungeons a few times.

    And while I didn't lose gems when the game crashed, I did have to run dungeons it took me ten minutes to get trough [the all undead one for example] twice because the game crashed at the end.


    I concede that you are a substantially more capable player than I.


    I was thinking I was just willing tor run the dungeon a few more times instead of using friends to rush through.
    also that I was so lazy I had 3 UH heart runes in my inventory I hadn't put on anyone.




    That I can relate to. All that rune switching...its like.....work....

    Well I really wasn't fully ready to do the new Boss Mode dungeons..my plan was to level more and gather more runes..but the event pushed me in my desire for the gems and tickets. So I pushed to finish the 3rd quest (Boss 16 I think it was.)

    So far I haven't been impressed with the 1 UH rune I have (I think I only have 1) but it may just be because I don't know how to use it effectively. I've been handing out the 10% heal at end of round runes like candy.
  • sirtainly wrote: »

    So far I haven't been impressed with the 1 UH rune I have (I think I only have 1) but it may just be because I don't know how to use it effectively. I've been handing out the 10% heal at end of round runes like candy.

    The most effective use I have for a single UH rune is to put it on Valkin, together with a Tank rune, as a way to blunt Agnon's first attack. As soon as Agnon has dropped (hopefully) Valkin, Valkin hits back with hos AOE and his health is restored.

    Watvh fpr people stripping the taunt off Valkin as that can mess up this strategy. If they have Masuta Kira, then using Goretusk as your sacrifice works better, and Emily can revive him if desired.

    Alternately Emily is a good use of a UH rune as Agnon is going to target her a lot.

  • sirtainly wrote: »


    I was thinking I was just willing tor run the dungeon a few more times instead of using friends to rush through.
    also that I was so lazy I had 3 UH heart runes in my inventory I hadn't put on anyone.




    That I can relate to. All that rune switching...its like.....work....

    Well I really wasn't fully ready to do the new Boss Mode dungeons..my plan was to level more and gather more runes..but the event pushed me in my desire for the gems and tickets. So I pushed to finish the 3rd quest (Boss 16 I think it was.)

    So far I haven't been impressed with the 1 UH rune I have (I think I only have 1) but it may just be because I don't know how to use it effectively. I've been handing out the 10% heal at end of round runes like candy.[/quote]

    It's worse for me- the game crashes every time i switch runes around.

    So I just let all these great runes sit until I really need to change things up.
    I also was waiting to do chaps 14-21 of Boss Mode, and ran them all last weekend.

    It was exhausting. I'd do a N or C with dwarves then find the B mode required me to level up and rune 4 heroes that had been sitting at level 70.
    I used about 1000 exp potions I had laying around, 60 - 70 million gold, and a lot of frustration to get those gems.

    But since I had the dwarves all set, getting through the Root levels was much easier than getting to them.


    ...I got most of the UH runes offered, because 4 might be useful, esp with an all dwarf team. But I haven't set them up yet, because I spent so much gold last week.



Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc. ; Boss Fight, the Boss Fight logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc., used with permission www.bossfight.com