Patch Notes: September 20th, 2018 (Ember & Phenol Reworks!)

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited September 21 in Patch Notes
Hey folks!

We've got a few fixes and reworks today. In addition, we've got a poll to decide the name of the upcoming Kozar Bonebreaker skin! Please remember to vote on it before 10am CST on Monday, September 24th.

Ember Sanguine Rework:
  • Attack-, Defense-, Health+, Skill +
  • Fire Mend now buffs allies attack, then does a ranged attack on all enemies and heals allies based on a percentage of the damage dealt by that attack. Cooldown has been reduced from 6 to 4.
  • Cauterize now cleanses all debuffs on a target ally and then heals them. If targeting an enemy, this ability will do a ranged fire attack on them that purges all buffs on hit. On a killing blow or targeting a corpse, the corpse will be removed. Cooldown has been reduced from 5 to 3.
  • Perpetual Flame has now resurrects all dead Fire allies, then buffs ALL allies, heals them, and heals them more each turn for 3 turns. This ability starts powered.
  • Ember no longer has the Pwn Undead passive.
  • Ember no longer has the Turn a Blind Eye passive.
  • Ember no longer has the Master Healer passive.
  • Ember now gets the Cloak of Fire passive, which give all allies immunity to Burn and lets them take 50% less damage from Fire attacks.
  • Ember now gets the Feed the Flames passive, which allows Fire allies to heal based on the amount of damage they deal to enemies. This amount increases as Ember is ascended (10% unascended, 15% ascended once, 25% ascended twice).
  • Ember now gets the Fire Priestess ability, which gives her attacks a base chance to burn enemies on a hit (25% unascended, 50% ascended, 100% ascended twice). In addition, after being ascended once, the ability also gives Ember an amount of damage reduction for each other Fire ally on her team (5% per ally when ascended once, 10% per ally when ascended twice).
  • Fiery Renewal now increases the max health of all allies by 5% when an enemy becomes burned. It still has its previous functionality of increasing healing for fire allies.

Phenol Thoxian Rework:
  • Attack+, Defense+, Health+, Skill-
  • Phenol's basic attack now has the ability to target corpses and remove them.
  • Jelly Shot is now Slime Shot (which is basically just an improved Jelly Shot). Slime Shot does a ranged nature attack on all enemies with a chance to Poison them and Provokes the initial target of the ability. Cooldown: 4.
  • Jiggle now cleanses all debuffs from Phenol in addition to its previous functionality.
  • Toxic Spittle is now Absorbing Smash. Absorbing Smash does a melee physical attack that steals buffs from the target equal to the number of Gelatinous Mass stacks Phenol has. This attack cannot be dodged.
  • Phenol no longer has the Magical passive.
  • Pheno's Toxic Form passive now makes Phenol immune to Poison and Venom. In addition, it gives him a 100% base chance to Poison enemies when using basic attacks and Poison melee attackers that hit him. In addition, it allows him to remove all corpses of enemies he kills!
  • Phenol's Monstrous Growth passive has been changed so it increases his health by 10% for each monster ally on his team.
  • Phenol now gets the Gelatinous Mass passive after being ascended twice. This passive allows him to gain a stack of Gelatinous Mass whenever he hits an enemy or is hit by a physical attack (the blob grows!!!). Each stack increases his maximum health and defense by 10%. He can get up to 5 stacks, and stacks reset with each encounter in campaign. Stacks cannot be copied or stolen.

General Notes:
  • Changed the Slow icon art. Turtles rule.
  • Fixed an issue related to translated text not appearing correctly in shops and other parts of the game. As a result, some abilities will appear in English even in non-English game settings. We are working to have those abilities translated.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• DeathriftxDeathriftx Member
    edited September 20
    WOW. BRAVO BRAVO!!! Phenol is finally good for something!!! Didn't expect the ember rework, but its still very nice, now she can revive.
    I still kinda hoped phenol would be able to slow with his attacks and when hit by a melee attack. But for monstrous growth, didn't it already do that? Was the intention to have the 10% buff go to all monster allies?
  • Where is the poll or where will it be?
  • Joel wrote: »
    [*] Jiggle now cleanses all debuffs from Phenol in addition to it's previous functionality.

Wrong.

Jiggle now cleanses all debuffs from Phenol in addition to its previous functionality.

Right. We've been here before, the correct use of the apostrophe is easily learned, so let's try a little harder, shall we?

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @MaxBeamer Added the poll link.

@Barleyman Your copyediting is appreciated :)
  • This is a lot, especially for Ember Sanguine as she’s hard to upgrade like Aria! Aria rework soon?
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    tgtu88snl2ot.png
  • Aria rework soon?
    Hopefully, fingers crossed...
  • I haven't been given credit for winning raid with phenol - although winning raids with ember seems to be registering.

am I the only one experiencing this issue?
  • Welp, I got a big day today.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    tgtu88snl2ot.png
  • I've done 5 raids and won 4 with Ember and Phenol on my team and only received the quest reward for Ember. For Phenol it says I haven't won a single raid.
  • I hope Kozar skin comes with a rework of him...
  • Ember Cauterize is bugged. If ally is taunting, cannot select enemy or other ally.
    Scott753 wrote: »
    I've done 5 raids and won 4 with Ember and Phenol on my team and only received the quest reward for Ember. For Phenol it says I haven't won a single raid.

We are looking into this.
    Ember Cauterize is bugged. If ally is taunting, cannot select enemy or other ally.

Ember no longer has the Turn a Blind Eye passive, so an enemy taunt should have this effect on her.
  • @joel If her teammate is taunting, she cannot select any enemy with Cauterize. The removal of Turn a Blind Eye is not relevant.
    @joel If her teammate is taunting, she cannot select any enemy with Cauterize. The removal of Turn a Blind Eye is not relevant.

Ah, my bad! I'll have that looked at!
  • @phillythekid @Scott753
    Did your Phenol have a skin on by chance?
  • Nope, I don't have any for him.
  • 3i71dcqgu7lz.png
    Wrong stats
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I like the Ember rework but... did we really need another Solaris? :persevere:

Poor Yasmin could use a revive ability...
  • Joel wrote: »
    [*] Phenol's Monstrous Growth passive has been changed so it increases his health by 10% for each monster ally on his team.
    [*] Phenol now gets the Gelatinous Mass passive after being ascended twice. This passive allows him to gain a stack of Gelatinous Mass whenever he hits an enemy or is hit by a physical attack (the blob grows!!!). Each stack increases his maximum health and defense by 5%. He can get up to 10 stacks, and stacks reset with each encounter in campaign. Stacks cannot be copied or stolen.

Phenol's Gelatinous Mass has seems 5 stacks that raise his hp and defense 10% each. Also did Monstrous Growth change at all? I always remember it being a personal 10% hp increase for each monster Ally on team.

• make aria master assassin, after ember rework it would be great.
    Fixed the patch notes on Gelatinous Mass, that was my bad.
  • Mati01Mati01 Member
    edited September 24
    I really hoped that they will finally fix Phenols poisonnumbers, yet they did not....
    My level 72 phenol with high amount of skill runes has he following poison damages against Splinterwood level 59 Rubifist Guides:
    getting hit: applies a poison roughly 800 damage per turn (poison comes from trait)
    hitting someone: applies a poison roughly 1600 damage per turn (poison comes from trait)
    first ability: applies a poison roughly 4400 damage per turn (poison comes from ability)

also first ability dot damage scales with skill (as all dots should) but none of the poisons that come from the trait scale. They seem to come from the attackers base stat somehow, because when the attacker is a trash mob the number is lower and when its my beefy Phenol the numbrs are higher.
  • Ugh I can see a Solaris Leo Ember Lupina team.... The Ember ressing Leo and everyone with him. Sol ressing all beasts on death, Leo ressing two on death and forever and ever and ever. Lupina just for damage and being a fire beast.
  • Ugh I can see a Solaris Leo Ember Lupina team.... The Ember ressing Leo and everyone with him. Sol ressing all beasts on death, Leo ressing two on death and forever and ever and ever. Lupina just for damage and being a fire beast.

But you now have even more options to remove corpses now.

• Barleyman wrote: »
    Ugh I can see a Solaris Leo Ember Lupina team.... The Ember ressing Leo and everyone with him. Sol ressing all beasts on death, Leo ressing two on death and forever and ever and ever. Lupina just for damage and being a fire beast.

But you now have even more options to remove corpses now.

Phenol vs a full fire team? :P