RESOLVED: Phenol Dominance Quest

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited September 21 in Announcements
We're aware that players are not seeing the Phenol Dominance quest track progress and are investigating the issue now.

EDIT: Fixed! Raid ticket compensation will be sent to players. :)
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited September 21
    @Joel
    Not a skin issue...
    Won PvP with and without Phenol skin, neither one counted towards the quest. :/

Any luck on your end?
    Post edited by sirolk99 on
  • Wow. Keeping the streak alive...another buggy as hell event. Also, once again, the rune delivered does not match the rune description in the shop. Health and defense turns into attack and defense. The incompetence used to be comical, but now it’s just sad. I mean, these are just recycled events and they’re still bug ridden.
  • AnûbisAnûbis Member
    edited September 21
    Joel wrote: »
    We're aware that players are not seeing the Phenol Dominance quest track progress and are investigating the issue now.

Do you know about the other 4 issues too?

Bugs
    Embers second ability broken- cannot target enemy if your own heroes have taunt.

Red shop rune says health health def. comes with atk atk defense. Would be nice to see the proper rune restored.

Already noted - phenol quest not working

Inconsistencies
    Last 2 VS events had an elite and superior rune for both colors in the shop. This one only has 1 color. Since they are festives I’m sure people who missed the only red festive rune in 2017 would love the opportunity for another one. Nows your chance!

Last VS event had ticket shop elite runes. Would love to see those back as well.

That’s 5 things most players pointed within the first 30 minutes of playing this event that they weren’t happy about. Players want to see some consistency and less bugs in events and normal game play. We do enough guessing as it is.

I hope everyone can agree.

Thanks A!
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The other two bugs you mentioned are also being worked on. The inconsistencies between events are a consistency of the game though. We are constantly experimenting and changing things, from shop offerings to hero stats. While something like the ticket shop rune not paying out as advertised is obviously a bug and will be corrected ASAP, it is generally safe to assume that changes from event to event are intentional, provided that things are paying out as advertised.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited September 21
    Also noticed no tickets in non-event dungeons.

Assume this was intentional.

It appears to the outside viewer, based on the last several events, that noone takes a look at the events and changes at any depth before they are released.

It appears to the outside viewer that very little resources are devoted to looking closely at the shop offerings to make sure they make sense and function correctly.

It appears to the outside viewer that very little resources are devoted to this game, only the minimum to repair anything that's found just after a change.

This is what it "feels" like out here in the wilderness.
  • AnûbisAnûbis Member
    edited September 21
    Joel wrote: »
    The other two bugs you mentioned are also being worked on. The inconsistencies between events are a consistency of the game though. We are constantly experimenting and changing things, from shop offerings to hero stats. While something like the ticket shop rune not paying out as advertised is obviously a bug and will be corrected ASAP, it is generally safe to assume that changes from event to event are intentional, provided that things are paying out as advertised.

That’s understandable but the problem is as follows.

Players play an event they actually enjoy, from buffs, to content, to hero reworks, to one of the most important rewards and special rare content.

Players expect the content to change and the buffs, reworks, and reward traits, but they look forward and expect the quantity and quality to remain the same or improve.

Players end up going through a dungeon boss roller coaster of emotions when they’re super happy like in the last waster VS event to being extremely depressed by the events like this current one where the bugs outweigh the missing content end game and all players alike anxiously wait for.

If these VS events or any event is going to be night and day then quit reusing the content and telling people they are the “SAME” event when they’re not. One time rewards only make sense for one time events. Anniversary’s, holiday events, new content releases. It does not make sense for recycled content and recurring events.

So what I’m trying to say here is “do you want to take my gems or not!”

Thanks!
  • No one is arguing that the inconsistencies aren’t itentiontional. I believe that Anubis was providing you with feedback that your remaining player base is unsatisfied with it. Especially on top of the never ending stream of bugs.

I personally won’t spend another penny until we have a bug free event. And I’m hiding the Muppet’s wallet, as well. No more bourbon fuelled gem purchases for you until you get this under control.
  • An in game email would be appreciated as well. A LOT of players do not come to the forums & should be aware of the screw ups.
  • I think you are being too hard on BF. They use great effort to make sure your game experience is more fun than the forum by removing posts with muppet humor.
  • @Joel @DB_Dillon @DB_Stanley
    Any update on the fix for the Phenol quests???
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @sirolk99 Incoming. Brace for patch note impact.