Guild Grand Tourney Starts at 3:30! Event Buffs Listed Here!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
sblxmw9kbldr.png

Hey everyone,

The guild Grand Tourney will begin at 3:30pm CST! Here are a few reminders about how the event works:
  • The leaderboards are completely based on PvP Trophies. Any trophies your earn are counted towards your Guild's total, and any trophies lost are deducted, until your personal contribution reaches zero. At no point can your personal contribution become negative.
  • There are special passive effects running during the event to shake up the metagame! These buffs last for the entire event.
  • There are quests that pay out event tickets. Event tickets are NOT related to Trophies/leaderboard progress in any way.
  • The event will end at 11pm CST Sunday night, so guilds have the time to shuffle their members around for the new week.
  • PVP Streaks are deactivated throughout the event, and therefore, this week's season.

These are the event buffs for this tourney:
  • All Caster heroes get the Spellslinger passive, which allows them to start dungeon with all of their abilities powered.
  • All Monster heroes get the Decimator passive, which allows them to remove the corpses of enemies they kill.
  • All Flying heroes get the Ocular Acuity passive, which makes them immune to Taunt and Provoke.

Iris Bonus Points:
Winning raids with Iris on your team will provide a bonus to the number of points that you get for the Grand Tourney leaderboard, but will not impact your actual trophy gain. This bonus is tied to the star-level of your Iris in that raid and will be given regardless of how you got Iris. In addition, if you increase the star-level of your Iris at any point during the event, you will get the increased bonus in any future raids you do during the event. The concept here is one that we used back in Boss Invasions, providing a tangible benefit to those who have a higher star version of the most recent hero.

In addition, Kozar has a new skin! You can now get the Kozar Boarhunter skin by completing the quests from the Kozar Loot Pass, which also includes other rewards!

Speaking of Kozar, we gave him a rework! You can read all about it HERE!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• On behalf of the community thank you for giving us the buffs today!
  • So Agnon is immune to taunt. Oh boy!
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited September 27
    @Joel - I would like to suggest that some modification be made to the award method of this type of event for those who start out lower in the pvp league structure.

It can be incredibly difficult for those players to even stand a chance of gaining anywhere near the amount of trophies higher up players have, and especially disconcerting if pvp wins are key to event skin access, etc.

I suggest some appropriate modification to help such players along. I believe it will increase, not decrease their willingness to support the game.

I don't think a "percentage gain" or straight up adjustment be made so that they are automatically equally rewarded as higher players, that would not be fair, but some balanced adjustment to help them along.

I hope the team will consider something like this.

(I do realize the event buffs will upset the usual progress of players but I think that may make this issue worse if anything, and not better.)
  • Cool event buffs! B)
  • I got something they can shuffle guilds r 50people

• eb99amlf7k1dq.png

Does this mean everyone that has a six star Iris gets a 2x bonus in the event or only those that buy this package?
  • Trophies for sale! Trophies for sale! Get them now. Show your guild mates that you care.
  • I’m also a little confused as to the event shop Iris Deal.
    Bryan79
    Potato Society
  • Swordking35Swordking35 Member
    edited September 27
    Guild games are always pay to win. The rewards for everyone but the very top are generally nothing short of pathetic, and guild families like VIP that work so hard, but aren’t willing to spend 100$ a player, are in the end going to get some 4 star heroic rune.
    But I like to think the devs are changing. The Buffs this time around will actually make a difference, unlike the last couple of times. That’s a good sign I guess.
  • Agreed Danac. You can only have a 6* Iris by now if you paid for it, and here's another money grab. Ah well.
  • Not super thrilled with the cash grab Iris sale. I only need 77 tokens. Not only is the $100 price tag greedy, but half of the expenditure would be going directly to the aethir shop which is not acceptable. At least provide some scaling options.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Regarding Iris bonus points:
    Winning raids with Iris on your team will provide a bonus to the number of points that you get for the Grand Tourney leaderboard, but will not impact your actual trophy gain. This bonus is tied to the star-level of your Iris in that raid and will be given regardless of how you got Iris. In addition, if you increase the star-level of your Iris at any point during the event, you will get the increased bonus in any future raids you do during the event. The concept here is one that we used back in Boss Invasions, providing a tangible benefit to those who have a higher star version of the most recent hero.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • I think the confusion was that the wording of the Special could lead you to believe that you needed to purchase the special in order to take advantage of the bonus.
    Bryan79
    Potato Society
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited September 27
    So is there a delay for the start? Nvm. Just saw the title
  • Wait. So the first quest is to spend $10?
  • @Joel - I am sorry but I am confused. There does not appear any sign for this event in the "events splash screen), no leaderboards for this event, there are no quests, there do not appear to be any tickets to earn, there does not appear to be anything in the event shop to purchase with tickets, and the event shop keeps adding then removing paid-with-real-money content.

And at the same there is another event for Kozar that you have to pay real money to participate in (not cool)

Please clarify. Thank you for your assistance.
  • Any chance of Iris coming to the portal?
  • I don’t understand the thought process that goes into these things. Who comes up with these rewards? The best of the bunch is the festive purple, which will only be available in a usable form to a few people, and even then we’ve been able to get it multiple times before. Then the shop and guild reward runes are trash vampirics that we just had in an event and complained about. It doesn’t matter if it’s the old lifesteal version or the new % of damage done version, they are runes that won’t get used and don’t foster any sort of excitement or competition. To have them as the main prize two events in a row is awful. To then have them also be the only runes available in the shop is flat depressing.
  • You know at some point you have to accept the fact that you’ve beaten the game and then move on.
  • But I want to see night nurse run the table using the pvp level exploit
  • "Oh, awesome! DB is finally releasing a new skin! I wonder how we'll..."

Oh.

Oh no.
  • Night nurse funds my play experience can care less
  • edited September 29
    I just want to say I'm so glad I'm no longer tied down by the monstrosity of forced playing for high tier rewards. I still like to hop on from time to time and do a raid or something out of boredom but it's finally on my time and not having to constantly drain my resources every event every few days or so. This is much more enjoyable but unfortunately my desire to play hardcore is pretty much gone at this point. It's still a great game on it's own but you guys at BF should really offer some more daily rewards for endgame players or something to take the strain off of those who don't want to sacrifice all their time to play. Step up the vip rewards or something. Give us all kinds of random goodies and I mean a lot. I paid a lot of money into this game and all I get is **** keys for the most boring aspect of the game - quicklooting. There's not even anything to quick loot. I've 6 starred pretty much all my favs and all the useful heroes but I won't just stop playing entirely because there's a money loss. Give me something fun to do that doesn't require grinding in a guild. Let me design the next 4th rune stat - chance on basic attack to reset target's energy costs. Let's just completely destroy this with an overpowered rune that can only be earned by lvl 60/70+ players with very doable requirements, and I don't mean do 500 dungeons and kill 300 enemies that only appear once every 3-4 runs. Make this game less boring please. It still has potential but right now... it's no longer in any of my favorite game lists. I just like to play with hero setups in PvP which brings me to the last thing - when will this game ever see live PvP? Schedule battles with people or have a tournament you need to sign up for so everyone can meet the time requirements and what not. I'm sure it can be done. Point is the requirements for doing anything for a reward keep getting higher and higher. Who are you targetting here? Kids don't have that much time to play and the people who are serious say it's too much effort and are leaving. The game went from casual to satan sucking your very soul. Way too much work required and not just community events but everything is slowly going up in price and the returns are getting smaller. Soon your going to have like 50 loyal players all in the same guild and they will have nothing to compete for lol
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    bvs72 wrote: »
    eb99amlf7k1dq.png

Does this mean everyone that has a six star Iris gets a 2x bonus in the event or only those that buy this package?

Why would you even buy that in the first place? $100 bucks for 1/4 of the way to 6*'ing her? Ridiculous.
  • 150 of 250 tokens are 60% of the way not 25% ;) @JackHallow666
  • Schnuppe wrote: »
    150 of 250 tokens are 60% of the way not 25% ;) @JackHallow666
    It's 500 tokens to take a character from 1* to 6*, which means that 100 tokens is 25% of the tokens you need to 6* Iris. Not everyone will have a 5* Iris.

Whatever, though, it's a ridiculous amount of money to ask for, whichever way you choose to look at it.
  • 10 Incredibly Expensive Things Only the Richest 1% Can Afford:

• angeange Member
    Did the event end early? I thought it would end 14 hours from now... Didn't even get 24 hours to complete the last set of quests?
  • WasiWasi Member
    Well done PA! :)
    ---
    The Potato Army