Guild Point Trials

5bb2a9.jpg
5bb2aa.jpg
Tagged:

Comments

• WTF is this!?!?!?!
    Does anyone else see a giant resource drain / $$$ grab or what???
  • StinkyStinky Member
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    WTF is this!?!?!?!
    Does anyone else see a giant resource drain / $$$ grab or what???
    I really hope the game's not in its death throes because I enjoy it a lot, but stuff like this makes me wonder...
  • I want to be as constructive as possible here. I cannot see the logic in going live with a literally pay-to-win event after a guild game that leant so heavily into that territory. I really hope that there is good Halloween event coming that is not just a copy paste calendar event.
  • No dev post about it either, just, here ya go...
  • Jeez is everyone around here new? When something good is coming(Halloween event) they always try to get people to drain their resources so that they will spend during the good event.
  • The question is: how many points do you get for 250 gems? When I craft a rune for 780 gems, how many points is that worth? 3? Please correct me (@echonap ;) )
  • And did you catch the leaderboard? All entries are unablened and all numbers at 999999.

I was getting ready to be offended at the fact that it was just a contest to see who could spend the most gems and VIP points and then when I saw the leaderboard I busted out laughing.

This is probably either:
    - They were hacked
    - A current or former employee got hacked
    - A template for an event was accidentally enabled.

Someone please screenshot the leaderboard for posterity - this is legendary.

I needed the good chuckles today. To whoever did this, could you please also add a bunch of quacking ducks waddling around the main town page?
  • Let's not forget that everyone is now level 88.

@sirtainly I took it just in case.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    Y8MqAzC.png
  • danacdanac Member
    that's a mighty strong family of guilds.

• Who is this "Top Label" guild I wonder???
  • WasiWasi Member
    And why are they all agreeing to tie for 99th place?
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • Way to keep that bug streak alive, DB! I ‘ve been in less bug-ridden betas. You’d think they would st least get their blatant cash grab right...
  • @Joel @DB_Stanley @DB_Dillon

Hey guys, what's going on with the wacked out leaderboard for this event?
    How come we don't have an official post to even begin with for this event?
    How come lower lvls are getting the Rogue event also, but higher lvls get nothing else?
    Is anyone even in the office and working today?

Your game community would like to know...
  • *crickets*
  • I am thinking that rogue event is probably the one scheduled for Oct. 18th talked about in the summit. I think lower levels are seeing it by mistake.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited October 2
    Our intended design for the guild point leaderboard was to only have it show the points that your guild has earned. This is not meant to be a competition, just a chance for you to help your guild earn some extra materials before the Rune War that will be happening this weekend (as announced during the Guild Summit). It initially was showing other guild scores, so we obscured things by adding the "top label" stuff while we prepared a cleaner solution, which will be rolled out shortly. We didn't bother making a formal post for it because calling this an 'event' felt inaccurate.

With regards to the Rogue Leader event, we run small events, quests, and shop offers aimed at specific player levels, this one being aimed at mid-level players. We didn't make a post for it since it isn't a full event for all players. The Rogue Leader mini-event is *not* the general purpose Rogue event that will be run for all players later this month. Apologies for any confusion this may have caused!
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Thanks for clarifying Joel :)
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Joel, is there any hope for us to pass “Top Label”?
  • awesome!
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    Joel, is there any hope for us to pass “Top Label”?
    No way, have you seen that player's numbers, like wow!
  • WasiWasi Member
    @Joel where is the info tab?

How many points relate to gems?
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • I read it as 250 gems = 1 guild point
    (I could be wrong tho)

• Joel wrote: »
    With regards to the Rogue Leader event, we run small events, quests, and shop offers aimed at specific player levels, this one being aimed at mid-level players. We didn't make a post for it since it isn't a full event for all players. The Rogue Leader mini-event is *not* the general purpose Rogue event that will be run for all players later this month. Apologies for any confusion this may have caused!

Wow this is truly a slap in the face. As an end game player with no new content, it would be nice to have something to do other than stale PvP. This is truly appalling that you would segregate events to cater certain levels.

• Please announce all events.

Thank you.
  • WasiWasi Member
    I read it as 250 gems = 1 guild point
    (I could be wrong tho)

So for top reward of 36 elemental force mats and 500 gems, this will cost on average each guild member 200 points? 200 x 250 gems = 50,000 gems each??

That can’t be right, surely...

---
    The Potato Army
  • Sounds about right for a gem drainer event before Halloween...
  • li30li30 Member
    Sounds about right for a gem drainer event before Halloween...

Speak of Halloween event from summit event schedule they didn't mention it, when it gonna take place ?
  • li30 wrote: »
    Sounds about right for a gem drainer event before Halloween...

Speak of Halloween event from summit event schedule they didn't mention it, when it gonna take place ?

The week before Halloween. But it will be so bug ridden, despite being recycled (I know, right?) that they will pull it, promising to replace it “soon”.

Then they’ll assign replacing it to That Tower Guy...
  • tmjziy0jdond.png
    Looks like Halloween event will be October 25th but they really should be posting the schedule in the forum also.