Game Update: October 3rd, 2018

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited October 3 in Patch Notes
Hey everyone!

We're in the process of releasing an update that will require downloading from your app store.

NOTE: Google has released the update, but iOS version is taking a bit longer to roll out, but should be up within the next day or two.

This update includes two major parts:
  • iPhone X Support!
  • Guild Crown Tournament updates! Each individual daily quest will now pay out 3 crowns, and the quest completing all of your other daily quests will pay out 10 crowns. In addition, we have streamlined the flexibility of crown collection so a guild of 50 people can reach the top threshold by completing all of their crowns for 6 days in a week, but have removed crown rollover. This new system also allows guildmates to make up for crowns not collected by other players and prevents one or two members leaving from undermining a guild's hard work. In addition, the new system will end tournaments at 3pm CST on Mondays as opposed to midnights to make things more consistent with our other events.

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING GUILD CROWNS THIS WEEK AND NEXT WEEK:
Due to the inherent differences in the new and old crown systems, along with the fact that the full change will not take effect until a new day starts after you have downloaded the update, we are making the following changes to the crown tournament payouts this week and next week:
  • This week's crown tournament (the one that ends this Sunday) will be paid out manually by us, and we will be accounting for crowns that are lost/unable to be obtained due to the transition of the crown system. Just collect as many as you can, you should see no difference - or a positive difference - in rewards paid out.
  • Crowns collected between updating and this Sunday will ALSO be counted towards next week's crown tournament. That tournament will be paid out according to the thresholds of the new system, but you'll effectively have 11 days to get there instead of 7.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• So, how will those that use emulators to play the game be able to obtain this update?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Emulators are generally attached to app stores, so they'll have the update whenever your emulator's respective app store gets it.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • LiscioVita wrote: »
    So, how will those that use emulators to play the game be able to obtain this update?
    Google it, the v0.5.10780 apk install file should be available on the net in a day or two...

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    I want to thank the SCG for all their hard work on getting the change to the reset time.
  • I hope the actual quests have changed.
  • 27ge3kp7k5jo.jpeg

So did you just ignore the community, making the summit a farce, or are you still listening to one delusional nitwit, thinking he was even remotely connected to the community at large, making the summit a farce?

Or are you prepping for the future foreshadowed by Big Fish’s recently reported staff cuts?

• beasmode wrote: »
    I hope the actual quests have changed.
    Nope, same quests still...
  • What is the “top threshold” for crowns? Is it still 10,500? Is it 12,000?

And, yeah, WTF with changing the reset time?
  • JS1891JS1891 Member
    With all the things that need to be changed, you chose the reset time? What the actual f**k is this nonsense?! Please explain yourselves on why you think Monday at 3pm is okay with crown reset?!!!!!
  • h94ra8bnycbh.png
  • Very pleased we can no longer lose the top reward because of one player out of 50.

As to the reset time, who cares? It's never going to be convenient for everyone in every time zone, so Monday 3pm makes as much sense as Sunday midnight. Since you can't carry over crowns, it doesn't really matter when it resets as long as everyone gets 7 days to do their dailies.
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    Very pleased we can no longer lose the top reward because of one player out of 50.

As to the reset time, who cares? It's never going to be convenient for everyone in every time zone, so Monday 3pm makes as much sense as Sunday midnight. Since you can't carry over crowns, it doesn't really matter when it resets as long as everyone gets 7 days to do their dailies.

GMs and Officers care because we have to make changes to guilds, kicking/inviting players. It gets complicated with larger guild families. The middle of a work day is NOT a good time for making those kinds of changes.
  • VohanVohan Member
    People need to stop their **** or stop playing

"Oh I don't like change" tough

here is an idea you come up with a game
    (I will not look back on this post, so any **** will not be read by me. Cry babies)
  • What really scares me is: will this affect the end time of events as well? If so then this is the biggest bulls.... they've created so far.
  • Nobody forced you people to make guild families consisting of dozens of guilds. If it’s hard then it’s your own fault.

And @Vohan , I bet you’re looking right now aren’t you?
  • Glad to get the new system, thanks!
    I don't see the point in changing the reset time but it doesn't matter to my European ****, it was six in the morning anyway.
    Check your time zone privilege ;)
  • YykkilYykkil Member
    I think the time change is less of an issue with the actual change and more indicative of the lack of consensus from the devs given the whole purpose of the summit is to achieve it.

Assuming the majority of players / player officers / guild masters are in America or Canada is kind of faulty reasoning, even if it does happen to be true. It's not possible to reach a time that benefits everyone, so leaving it as it is makes the most sense because regardless of time zone, it's what most players would have acclimatised to by now.
  • edited October 4
    What people seem to be missing is that the change is not an issue in itself. The issue is that the community was asked for input and the sole consensus was "NOT MONDAY", which was then disregarded. This is yet another slap it the face from the top management of Bossfight and, as usual, the poor forum admins who have to deal with the (occasionally justified) vitriolic responses from players for the pittance that most IT professionals receive get caught in the middle. My recommendation to the admins is to join or form a local of CWA, an AFL/CIO affiliate. At least then you may get decent compensation for the garbage you get from some of us.
    Post edited by unknown_player on
    ddb02fujrcxi.jpg

• sirolk99 wrote: »
    beasmode wrote: »
    I hope the actual quests have changed.
    Nope, same quests still...

Actually, they did change. You now have to WIN four PvP matches, rather than just ATTEMPT four PvP matches. YAY!!! More goodies for the top 5, too bad so sad for everyone else. Go potatoaegisjustice!
    ddb02fujrcxi.jpg

• Like the new change time why because I'm in Europe and the original time is my midnight it was the same for the last event the late start and early finish meant I lost hours because I was asleep
  • NekoAtsume wrote: »
    Barleyman wrote: »
    Very pleased we can no longer lose the top reward because of one player out of 50.

GMs and Officers care because we have to make changes to guilds, kicking/inviting players. It gets complicated with larger guild families. The middle of a work day is NOT a good time for making those kinds of changes.

On the other hand, you only need 44.5 players to get maximum rewards (270 crowns each) to hit the 12000 top target. You can lose/switch 10% of your guild roster with no effect whatsoever on the 45 reliable daily players.

As we have players all over the planet, 3pm CST is only 3pm for a fraction of players.

I think as things shake down GMs, Officers and players will all benefit from the change, regardless of the reset time.

• Here’s what I think some of maybe missing with the change of the reset time. If the devs extend events to the new reset time your talking 16 more hours of grinding a tourney or a event. Do you all wana grind 16 hours more ? I darn sure don’t
  • That’s my problem with it. Longer events mean more grinding and more resource depletion. If your a competitor and you buy boosts or whatever then your talking about buying even more boosts. So be careful before you think it’s not a big deal. Just food for thought.
  • And devs if you do extend the tourney I’d be very careful about that. More money is nice for you but you also don’t wana chase people away from the game cause then you’ll eventually be making way less. There’s a lot of mobile games out there that people can switch to
  • I can only assume this decision comes down to the ease of setting competitive event end times... but a convenience on the devs part is a massive inconvenience for players that have the stress of grinding an extra 15 hours or dealing with the details of a reset on a Monday. There are lots of changing factors leading up to reset and the devs have never experienced them. Sunday at midnight is a much more convenient time for us leaders to deal with everything.
    We have expressed our opinion every time this topic has come up... what does it take for you to listen to us?
    MONDAY RESET IS NOT OKAY!!!
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited October 4
    Actually, they did change. You now have to WIN four PvP matches, rather than just ATTEMPT four PvP matches. YAY!!! More goodies for the top 5, too bad so sad for everyone else. Go potatoaegisjustice!
    Well darn, good catch, they did sneak that in. That change should have been mentioned in the post. Well, there's one daily quest I won't be doing. :/
  • Just accept the game is dying and the devs are doing everything they can to squeeze the last of the pockets before they kill it completely. I accepted it. That's why I stopped competitive and daily play. Now I feel like I should give back to those I knew here and in my guild with a warning. Quit now before it drives you insane and you devote any more of your valuable time or money.