Hero Spotlight: Jibber Clenchjaw

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
sfpd8s5ellng.png

Background:
The fearsome brother of Jabber, his fur builds up a mighty static charge.

Most Hated Hero: Jabber. But his favorite hero is also Jabber. You know how brothers can be.

Element: Light: +30% bonus against DARK enemies

Tags: Beast Warrior

Traits:
  • SHOCK MASTER: Immune to Shock and chance to Shock on Crit.

Abilities and Ascensions:
  • CLAW: Basic Melee Physical attack.
  • LIGHTNING FURY: 3 Melee Physical attacks on each enemy.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Light Evo Larva: 15
  • Light Evo: 25
  • Nature Evo: 20
  • Mind's Eye Evo: 4

NEW Traits!
  • FLESH SHREDDER: Boosted damage vs Non-Armored targets.
  • TWIN CLAWS: If on a team with Jabber, Jabber will follow any attack made by Jibber with the same ability slot. (Similar to Dhaegon's 'Like Father, Like Son'. If Jabber uses his basic attack, so will Jibber. If Jibber uses Lightning Fury, Jabber will use Beast Mode, etc.)

NEW Ability!
  • DISABLING STRIKE: 2 Melee Physical attacks on target enemy with a chance to Paralyze.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Nature Evo: 40
  • Light Evo Monarch: 35
  • Jeweled Evo: 8
  • Subterranean Evo: 2

NEW Traits!
  • PACK TACTICS: Boosted damage to Ogres and chance to revenge any attack against an allied beast.
  • BEASTLY ASSAULT: When on a team with Solaris, chance to perform a basic attack at the end of the round against a random target.

NEW Ability!
  • WILD SPARK: All beast allies gain +1 energy and a chance to shock on attack, then all other beast allies attack a random enemy.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• @Joel So he doesn’t show as being a drop in the heroic portal. I just a 10x summons and didn’t get him. I then checked the hero drops and it does not show him on the drop list.
  • I don’t see Jibber when I bring up the hero drops. Is he still there?
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • Did a 10x summon and got 5 Jibber tokens in a gold chest :/
  • I don’t see Jibber when I bring up the hero drops. Is he still there?

I’m not seeing him either and I sure hope they give me back my 2,500 gems I just spent on the portal since I specifically clicked the like under his event and then did the summons.
  • Looks... meh. Him being on a beast is his saving grace, but seriously you guys never make new light heroes good. Our last 3 light heroes have sucked.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Jibber is not guaranteed with a 10x pull, but we have confirmed that he is indeed in the portal. We're working on a fix for the drop list issue.
  • Yay, the brothers are united, cool looking claws. ;)
    Haters gonna hate... B)
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Yeah... his abilities don't really seem to special. Perhaps we'll just have to wait and see. Definitely not a hero who's going to be relevant in the current PvP meta anytime soon.

I know t's far too late and too soon to make any changes - But I would've made his first ability an attack that also charges Beast allies, granting them Haste. His other abilities are okay, but I also would've made his unique Solaris synergy passive a bit stronger. Either a guaranteed random attack, or if he's on a team with Solaris, all Beast allies have a chance to Shock on attack or something like that.

Either way, cool to see Jibber finally being brought into the game.
  • Yeah... his abilities don't really seem to special. Perhaps we'll just have to wait and see. Definitely not a hero who's going to be relevant in the current PvP meta anytime soon.

I know t's far too late and too soon to make any changes - But I would've made his first ability an attack that also charges Beast allies, granting them Haste. His other abilities are okay, but I also would've made his unique Solaris synergy passive a bit stronger. Either a guaranteed random attack, or if he's on a team with Solaris, all Beast allies have a chance to Shock on attack or something like that.

Either way, cool to see Jibber finally being brought into the game.

Perhaps their will be changes to Jibber in the future
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • Its gotta be hard for the devs to come up with a new hero that will be good in pvp... there are so many heros now I think it would be hard to make all of them equal and useable. There will be a good hero one of these times I hope but for now ill just appreciate all the new heros that come out.
  • I mean I know I just said that but I haven't even used him yet lol :D
  • Give Jabber the dwarf hunter passive back, and give it to Jibber too. That might make them pvp relevant.
  • ill try it
  • I understand they wanna draw out of the B counters A then release C to counter B, then release D to counter C repetition but if you want a new hero to be used, at least in PvP, you should make sure his abilities are PvP relevant. It seems the reworks you guys make for old heroes are far far far better than some of the new Heroes nowadays.
  • No new hero makes much of an impact in PvP until they're at least 5* if all your other heroes are 6* and all your opponents are 6*. Since they're being stingy with tokens it looks like Jibber is going to be sidelined for a long time for me.

I've tried him out with Jibber Jabber Grog & Solaris in PvE against Boss Island and a few boss levels and he did survive, but as I have faster and safer teams (ahem Dwarves) it's just for fun.

• Have to say this new way of releasing heroes is terrible. 3 10x pulls got me 9 Jibber tokens from gold chests.
    How about we move some heroes from the Heroic into the Great/Honor portals? Jibber feels like a hero you could honestly get from the Great Portal, and there's many heroes in the Heroic who are virtually useless right now who could be moved to the Honor Portal.
  • Just got in to the game and got him in a singel summon
    Hey folks! We are in the process of releasing a patch that will make sure Jibber is listed in the portal drop list. Thanks for your patience!
  • I would love jibber to be in honor portal... I used all my gems trying to get him from the heroic...
  • I forgot the honor portal existed, does anyone even use it anymore?
  • If you need to complete your roster, yes.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    tgtu88snl2ot.png
    If you need to complete your roster, yes.

Okay, so the real question is: Does anyone who has played the game for more than 6 months actually use it?
  • Okay, so the real question is: Does anyone who has played the game for more than 6 months actually use it?
    That still varies, but I can see the possibility of utilizing your Honor for something else that is the Honor Shop.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    tgtu88snl2ot.png
  • I haven't used the honor portal in such a long time
  • Llevo exactamente 5 meses y utilizo el portal de honor para sacar 25 tokens de therand y dragund mas que todo
  • So just to be clear, Jibber is permanent (so far) in the heroic portal even though he isn't showing up? If I try to get him now I can with the same chance as everyone else? I just used 20 free spins and got nothing.

I'm glad it's not always gonna be the doors, but heroic portal is not fun. Just a money grab for a sub-par hero. Just put him in the great or buff him and we're fine. Also end game people would have a use for gold again.
    To be clear: Jibber is not a permanent addition to the portal and is not available at the moment, but he will absolutely be returning in the future!