Crown Tournament Additions & Changes

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited October 16 in Announcements
Hey Everyone,

You'll notice two changes to the crown tournament this week!

First, we've changed the "Win 4 PVP Raids" quest back to "Attempt 4 PVP Raids"!

Second, you'll notice two new thresholds on the guild crown tournament reward list, but that the number of crowns paid out per quest has not changed, making these thresholds impossible at the moment. This is because there will be a chance to get more crowns than normal later this week! These additional thresholds are not going to be available every week, and we want to note that the preexisting thresholds and rewards have not been reduced in any way, the new thresholds are just an opportunity for you and your guild to earn extra rewards. Stay tuned for specifics regarding the additional crowns!

Also, for the players who collected their crown quests during the brief downtime, we will be collecting the data on who missed what and will be sending you your missing crowns. No need to report anything to customer support or make a post, we've got you. :)

NOTE: Due to a technical error, the individual crown counter in the Guild screen is not cooperating with the current tournament, so we've turned on a leaderboard that tracks individual crowns. You can view the number of crowns you and your guildmates have individually collected there.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• Thanks for changing that PvP quest back to attempt! :)
  • phoxterphoxter Member
    edited October 15
    Like a dummy, I collected my crowns expecting, that in almost two weeks the bugs would have been worked out. Silly me. My question is, Just what compensation can I expect for this aggravation? Besides the missing crowns?
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    The thread announcing the delay in the crown tournament is gone. Does that mean it is safe to collect now?
  • @phoxter @joel’s got it covered.
    Joel wrote: »
    Also, for the players who collected their crown quests during the brief downtime, we will be collecting the data on who missed what and will be sending you your missing crowns. No need to report anything to customer support or make a post, we've got you. :)

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    I collected some crowns after the ingame message saying it started. They did nor register.
  • Total crowns for the guild are seen, but not individual totals
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We've confirmed that this is just an issue with the individual crown leaderboard not appearing, all crowns are still being recorded and tracked properly. Once we activate the individual leaderboard, you will see all the crowns you've collected thus far.
  • @phoxter @joel’s got it covered.

My question was for extra compensation, besides the crowns, for the aggravation. Probably some more hammers.
  • beefshashinibeefshashini Member
    edited October 16
    My question to this. If we can’t fix the crowns issue which has been ongoing for quite some time, how can I have confidence that the drop rates are working? Ie I just ran 100 runs for celestial evos and found only 1. This has never happened before. Is the integrity of the whole game messed up?

Let me add it’s a 300x evos event on top of that.
  • kmobkmob Member
    No crowns here still

Keep up the great work
  • I will be happy to see individual crown leaderboards working again 😉
  • Sigh. Always something new in Dungeon Boss. Going wrong, that is.

Working there must feel like driving a really old car, wondering what is going to break next that worked fine yesterday.

Thanks for posting on the Forum, but what about an in-game email to reassure the players that don't read the Forum?
  • Zombies rework!!! 🙂
    NOTE: Due to a technical error, the individual crown counter in the Guild screen is not cooperating with the current tournament, so we've turned on a leaderboard that tracks individual crowns. You can view the number of crowns you and your guildmates have individually collected there.
  • I will still be missing three crowns once I finish collecting today
  • Roadki11ukRoadki11uk Member
    edited October 16
    We've confirmed that this is just an issue with the individual crown leaderboard not appearing, all crowns are still being recorded and tracked properly. Once we activate the individual leaderboard, you will see all the crowns you've collected thus far.

Still missing the 40 collected yesterday at around 3:15 pm CST. I can see the 40 I collected today.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    If BF is counting crowns manually this week, I have 80 so far. No need to count them. I can keep you updated as the week progresses if you want.
  • My question to this. If we can’t fix the crowns issue which has been ongoing for quite some time, how can I have confidence that the drop rates are working? Ie I just ran 100 runs for celestial evos and found only 1. This has never happened before. Is the integrity of the whole game messed up?

Let me add it’s a 300x evos event on top of that.

First of all, it's 300% or 3x evo. There has never been a 300x evo event and I doubt there ever will be.

Second of all, the drop chance for rare evos are so small that 3x means almost nothing. You should never purposely farm evos. Buy them, craft them, run evo island, but never purposely run dungeons for them. You will be sorely disappointed.
  • Thank you for the correction and rapid response. Very appreciated.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    If BF is counting crowns manually this week, I have 80 so far. No need to count them. I can keep you updated as the week progresses if you want.

please do.
  • RegusRegus Member
    @Joel For crowns collected during the brief time the tourney was inactive, is there an estimate for when those crowns will be added back to the player’s total? Thx
  • CrumblerCrumbler Member
    edited October 17
    +1 to @Regus

@Joel
    Some more notes and or questions:

- Players with 0 crowns are NOT listed in the Guild Crowns: Player Rankings screen and that‘s a big problem if you want to make sure everyone collected crowns...
    - You should give us a hint how hard it is to reach the 16k or 20k crown tourney ranks. For example, is it required that 50 guild members collect 280 crowns + play a good event to hit 20k or is it possible even if 50 people collect only 240 crowns and play a decent event? Maybe you are able to tell us how many crowns per player can be collected in the crowns event?
    - Players that left the guild/were kicked and did not join a new guild are listed in the player rankings crown leaderboard of their former guild
    - As mentioned above, members who collected in the „short“ time between the announced crown tourney start and the actual technical - delayed - start are still not credited
    - We cannot add players who do not have crowns to the leaderboard, but as soon as a player has any crowns, they'll be listed.
    - The extra crowns are included as an added bonus in the Daeris Loot Pass. Again: The normal crown thresholds and payouts have not been changed, this is just an opportunity to allow your guild to get additional rewards.
    - We are looking into the issue of players contributing crowns to their former guilds.
    - Due to the Guild leaderboard starting late, we've added 125 additional crowns to each Guild for the current Guild Leaderboard event.
  • Thanks but no thanks on extra crowns when you have to pay for them.
  • Seems like y’all have your hands full with the task of fixing the problems with the current iteration and figuring out a way to count crowns we earned that we did not pay for. And now you want us to pay money so we can use up more resources in order to get Jibber Tokens?!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (*breathe*) hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Nope.

• Joel wrote: »
    Due to the Guild leaderboard starting late, we've added 125 additional crowns to each Guild for the current Guild Leaderboard event.

At 50 players a guild, that comes out to 2.5 crowns per player... wow :/
  • The ONLY decent thing about this new “event” is the fact y’all put the “Pay to play” aspect as 1/5 in the quest line instead of 5/5.
  • I got robbed of 40 crowns and now your telling me I only get 2.5 crowns back? Cmon man
  • @Joel - Please accept and forward my feeback - it is meant in the spirit of a growing and prospering DB.

I and many others said we did not appreciate the "slippery slope" of pay-to-play quests and it seems noone at DB cares.

Many of us said we wanted the $19.99 gem shop purchase again but noone even responded to the many forum posts. My brief scan of the summit, it felt like DB did not understand the feedback they were given on this.

I'm taking my 20 bucks that I was gonna spend on the next $19.99 gem offer and spending it on another game as a donation. This other game doesn't even require mandatory payment but I want to reward their work. I find the pay-to-play events distasteful and make me want to support the game less, not more.

I am all for DB making money - on cosmetic items, and if necessary, on secondary or sped-up progression, but direct money-to-progess via payable quest lines and direct contests based on who buys more turns me off completely.

My Real Life has far too much emphasis on huckstering and taking every possible penny from my pocket and I look to my gaming as an escape.

I wish DB well, but I think its a strategic mistake to go the max-bucks-at-any-cost-community-be-damned route. I hope in the future game design considerations will be more than just applying formulas and psychologies to generate max-moneygain.

Thank you very much for your hard work and for allowing me to give, and reading, my feedback, it is appreciated.

I'm going to play something else for awhile.
  • @Joel
    Will be monday crowns ... done by players short after ct reset and missing in players guild crown leaderboards ... added?