Haunted Halls

Comments

• Putting the reincarnation repeatable again would be a start I'm forever killing stuff twice but I cleared that quest first straight up and put some corn in the empty pumpkins after all most of my pumpkins are empty they are
    just so much decoration
  • BryanBryan Member
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    @Bryan you got a url link for that press release?
    I'd like to read it, having trouble finding it online.

http://bossfightentertainment.com/articles/boss-fight-adds-former-ea-svp-mobile-mike-verdu-advisory-board

The last sentence in the third paragraph states that Dungeon Boss is going to be self-published this month.
    Bryan79
    Potato Society
  • Joel comfirmed everything works fine and as intended!

Bug Fight changed everything that made the Halloween event a great event!

2017 and 2016 you needed only 1 skin for 2x candy.
    2018 you need 18 different skins to double candy.
    You don't have that many skins? No problem, you can get them with candy!
    You don't have candy? No problem, BUY candy!

You have the skins? Great! Here some empty but decorative pumpkins! Very helpful for stress relief. But the skins will give you nothing, because 2x nothing is still nothing!

New players need tokens? We give them tokens: 1 for 20 runs. And veteran players love this extra Aether!

In 2015 during winterfest players "loved" our daily surprise: changing shop offers, limited to 24 hours only! That's why we brought them back!
    You cannot get enough candy corn in 24 hours? No problem you can BUY candy in the shop!

We lowered skin prices from 50k to 15*cough*12k, and adjusted the quests a bit
    *cough* to 1/10 *cough* it was *cough* last year. And we have runes now! Just 30k each! Hurry get!

And the best! After we released Valkin's epic
    *cough* for a small group of spending player*cough* we make Drakk's skin very special by giving it a powerful trait. This turns 2 op heroes into 2 uber op heroes! We are excited about this and the meta it creates!!

Be happy! BUY candy corn! BUY more candy! BUY skins BUY BUY! Obey!

Time to say BYE BYE?
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited October 30
    Would just really like to know if the pumpkins being almost entirely empty (with the rare non-empty one having nothing but the normal sparkly stuff) is a bug or not. Can’t fathom why that can’t be answered. It’s a significant nerf compared to just normal sparklies when grinding and had a huge effect on the event.

@Joel??
  • Bryan wrote: »
    http://bossfightentertainment.com/articles/boss-fight-adds-former-ea-svp-mobile-mike-verdu-advisory-board

The last sentence in the third paragraph states that Dungeon Boss is going to be self-published this month.

Thanks!
  • What all does self-published mean/entail?
  • So Joel was trying to say they thought pay outs were fine but the perception of payouts was less because the prizes cost less.

Then we have to assume they intentionally made an event that required 5 hours of grinding a day for top rewards.... Not to mention the resources required.... And they removed runes from the event dungeons.

That's crazy high and you're 8 pages deep in disgruntled players for to it.
  • Kegman913 wrote: »
    So Joel was trying to say they thought pay outs were fine but the perception of payouts was less because the prizes cost less.

Then we have to assume they intentionally made an event that required 5 hours of grinding a day for top rewards.... Not to mention the resources required.... And they removed runes from the event dungeons.

That's crazy high and you're 8 pages deep in disgruntled players for to it.

5 hours a day wasn't enough to grind out these rewards even assuming you had that much stamina saved up somehow....
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • Joel wrote: »
    Hey folks,

It's abundantly clear that we did not meet expectations with how we set up candy corn for the event. We went with smaller number scales in both payouts an the shop (skins in some shops have cost 50,000 tickets, whereas the ones here cost 9,000-12,000 candy corn), but the combination of not reliably getting candy corn with each dungeon run, even if you can occasionally get a lot, has caused both confusion and disappointment. We are looking into tweaks that we can make to the event and will most likely have an update tomorrow.

@Joel Any word on that impending update?

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    Joel wrote: »
    Hey folks,

It's abundantly clear that we did not meet expectations with how we set up candy corn for the event. We went with smaller number scales in both payouts an the shop (skins in some shops have cost 50,000 tickets, whereas the ones here cost 9,000-12,000 candy corn), but the combination of not reliably getting candy corn with each dungeon run, even if you can occasionally get a lot, has caused both confusion and disappointment. We are looking into tweaks that we can make to the event and will most likely have an update tomorrow.

When they see players not spending crazy amounts of money.

• bvs72 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

When they see players not spending crazy amounts of money.

No offense to those who did it, but I find it sorta funny/hopeless that, in the middle of this total cluster-f, people said “yeah sure I’ll pay cash for an ignus skin”. And then didn’t even get it correctly. Feels kind of karmic.
  • edited October 30
    Barstic crazy loot quest? No. Just no.
    KashHatton wrote: »
    Wow. Just a matter of time before the gameplay is just removed altogether and replaced with a bunch of "buy it now" buttons.

I do not think that will be the case. Rather, to retain the appearance of prestige and exclusivity, top event rewards will go to only one player or guild, as a result of a gems based auction. D-bay is born.

That would actually be friendlier to players than the current system of bidding your resources ( money, stamina, gems, etc) and losing them. At least in an auction format, if you did not bid high enough to win the item on the block, your resources are not gone.

When you think of it, the non-threshold events are basically auctions. What might make these events more tolerable to players would be to return expenditures beyond those necessary to achieve their reward level in the form of non-expiring event tickets. The fact that event tickets expire has always stuck in my "craw". I think it would be an olive branch extended to upset players if event tickets were bankable like other resources in the game. Of course only have tickets accumulated during the current event affect event standings, but allow us to retain tickets earned and not spent from event to event. This might reduce the resentment when we see event rewards that seem unattainable through casual play. Set a threshold for them like the honor scrolls from PvP where they automatically convert to gold.

I remember that this was proposed to happen with materials, but never did occur. In my opinion, resources should be either unlimited in accumulation, or if there is a ceiling be automatically converted to an unlimited resource such as gold.

This may SEEM a bit off topic, but it is intended as a suggestion to reduce player frustration and improve future events, thus I believe it to be very much on topic.
    Post edited by unknown_player on
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• LietoLieto Member
    Pumpkins still empty.

Candy still crap.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hey everyone!

We've made it so all dungeons now pay out a *minimum* of 5 candy corn per run/quick loot. These 5 are still increased by all multiplier boosts and will be on top of all of the other candy corn that was already in the dungeons. 5 might not sound like a lot, but because of the scale of candy corn in the shop, this matches the minimum of 10 tickets that we frequently pay out per dungeon in ticket events, and that's not accounting for the multipliers and candy corn that can be found in chests. We were thrilled to see how excited people were on the first day of the event and thought that we hit the proper balance of candy corn pretty well, but that sentiment obviously did not last. We will absolutely be taking the feedback we've gotten here and using it as we plan future events.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited October 30
    Can we please at least get an answer on whether 90%+ of the pumpkins we click are intended to be empty, thereby making the grind even worse than if you had just left normal sparklies???

Also, all you did was make it so that people who were grinding non-event dungeons for some unknown reason now get 5 corn each run. All rational, semi-intelligent players were grinding event dungeons, which remain unchanged. That fixes essentially zero of the complaints the community had.

Edit: the fix doesn’t even work. Still getting 0 corn on runs.

n7xim44h6mol.png
  • Excited? We purchased candy corn to get this god awful event over with. Trust me we will quit before we ever have to do that again.
  • Considering that the event has less than 24 hours left, this is seen as an appropriate response? Thank you for doing something, I guess, but really? Wow. Just wow.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• LietoLieto Member
    I ran the 20 Stam dungeon with all skins plus a 4th. I was lucky enough to find a jackpot chest and I walked away with 120 corn.

Good luck to those that stick with this game...

• wagdoggwagdogg Member
    edited October 30
    Most purchased candy corn first day to hit 150k and stop. So they wouldn’t have to play this event that you trashed. Last years was great this time you destroyed it. Good luck with player retention . I honestly don’t even recognize the game I’m playing anymore . How much stuff can you possibly throw at us to buy in a week? You may have made money this time but I can assure you a lot of us that did send prob won’t be playing this game after Christmas
  • @Joel it‘s not working. 5 Dungeons with 0 candy in a row.
  • Joel wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

We've made it so all dungeons now pay out a *minimum* of 5 candy corn per run/quick loot. These 5 are still increased by all multiplier boosts and will be on top of all of the other candy corn that was already in the dungeons. 5 might not sound like a lot, but because of the scale of candy corn in the shop, this matches the minimum of 10 tickets that we frequently pay out per dungeon in ticket events, and that's not accounting for the multipliers and candy corn that can be found in chests. We were thrilled to see how excited people were on the first day of the event and thought that we hit the proper balance of candy corn pretty well, but that sentiment obviously did not last. We will absolutely be taking the feedback we've gotten here and using it as we plan future events.

That doesn't help if you're running the event dungeons, as the minimum was already paying out 5 candy corn.

I've run Creepy Castle 3x since the update. still 11 candy corn with the 3 featured skins plus 1 extra skin. Sometimes I get 13 candy corn, which presumably means the minimum 5 was 'boosted' to 6 or 7, which is then multiplied up to 13 if you have the skins.

I'm 3rd in my guild, 362nd overall in candy collection, and I've still got less than 50k corn from the event. I was running with all 3 bonus skins for all but 1/2 a day of the event, using in excess of 600 stamina a day.

Should it be a concern that only 361 people worldwide either played or paid enough to gather more candy corn than I have?

• Can we please at least get an answer on whether 90%+ of the pumpkins we click are intended to be empty, thereby making the grind even worse than if you had just left normal sparklies???

Also, all you did was make it so that people who were grinding non-event dungeons for some unknown reason now get 5 corn each run. All rational, semi-intelligent players were grinding event dungeons, which remain unchanged. That fixes essentially zero of the complaints the community had.

Edit: the fix doesn’t even work. Still getting 0 corn on runs.

n7xim44h6mol.png

I’m usually one of the last to complain, but this is placing a bandaid on the finger of a patient with a sucking chest wound. And the finger wasn’t even injured!
  • DrixkDrixk Member
    edited October 30
    We were thrilled to see how excited people were on the first day of the event and thought that we hit the proper balance of candy corn pretty well, but that sentiment obviously did not last. We will absolutely be taking the feedback we've gotten here and using it as we plan future events.
    "Thought we hit the proper balance of candy corn pretty well"............. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

After ~3000 stamina im averaging 40CC per dungeon quick looting the first dungeon and actually less manually running the second event dungeon with bonus skin heroes.
    For the sake of simple math and just to give yall an advantage lets say the average is 50 candy corn(cc) per dungeon.

150000/50 so thats 3000 dungeons at 5 stamina. So 15000. Thats FIFTEEN THOUSAND stamina for the top tier rewards.

This has gotten enough outrage so that you felt the need to come onto the forums and apologize for not hitting player expectations. So with 24hours on the event (after people have spent thousands of stamina) your giving us FIVE candy corn in every dungeon? I was in retail customer service for many years and i want to offer you a bit of advice. Its best to just admit the wrong and skip the rest rather than to try and placate people with less than the issue calls for. Compensation or resolutions can just be insulting if they arent within the scope and scale of the problem.

Have a nice day.
    P.S. It still doesnt work
    P.P.S This event sucks
  • Have both QLed and manually run a number of dungeons since you “fixed it” and have gotten zero candy corn.
  • @joel I don't believe placing candy corn in random chests was thoroughly play-tested. The chests are too uncommon to be reliable. If you tweaked the drop rate of the random chests to appear 1-3 times during a dungeon run this would alleviate A LOT of the frustration.

I know there has been effort to add candy to many different aspects of the game (ToP, PVP) and to reduce it in PVE. That's all fine and good as long as the SAME amount of candy that was attainable through PVE is available elsewhere. This is not the case. Thus making the event grindy as all hell, and it was grindy to begin with.

Please analyze drop rates as if you were a player trying to maximize rewards. Do you think the Drakk skin was reasonably attainable? There are strict limits on the amount of ToP and PVP we can play, and the event quests pay out a laughably small amount. So, we STILL need to grind PVE for corn that is so low that getting 50 corn toward 150,000 needed is seen as a relief because at least we didn't get 0 corn for the 5th time in a row.

Two clear options: increase candy corn payouts OR drastically decrease costs.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited October 30
    Phouka79 wrote: »
    Have both QLed and manually run a number of dungeons since you “fixed it” and have gotten zero candy corn.

Same here. Even the fix is broken.
  • Looks like they have fixed their fix because I am now getting all of 11 candy corn per run (with the bonus) yet 99% of the pumpkins I tap on just explode in a shower of disappointment still. It looks like the Dungeon Boss team decided to turn an event that had always been a treat for their players into nothing but a trick this year. Sad!
  • @MonkeyHunter since @Joel will not even come out and tell us if the pumpkins are supposed to be empty or not. I don't think we are going to get an answer of what DB's actual expectations for the event were.
    GalakSS
  • What a dumpster fire of a event this has been.