Haunted Halls

Comments

• There is now nothing in the shop worth going for it if it wasn't for the guild I'd take a day off
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    i was thinking of grinding for another 50K corn but there is nothing in the event shop worth buying.
  • LietoLieto Member
    Bloth wrote: »
    A 5x skin boosts on the last day ? This should have been in done on Mon. Seriously, the entire company behind this event are the worst. Just end this f-ing already. There’s not even a rune in the updated shop !

That 5x is damage...which is meh. You are still going to get sub 150 corn on average for the 20 stam event dungeon...
  • Any skins coming back to the store before the event and candy corn goes away?
  • LietoLieto Member
    DBJGB... no shop skins though
  • skatibian wrote: »
    Bloth wrote: »
    A 5x skin boosts on the last day ? This should have been in done on Mon. Seriously, the entire company behind this event are the worst. Just end this f-ing already. There’s not even a rune in the updated shop !

They have been pulling the rune from shop before the end the last few events. The reason why is beyond anyone’s comprehension though.

Yup. I quick looted my way to get the last few candy corn I needed to get the rune before it vanished, as the rune can mildly improve my current PvP defense. Why they remove everything worth working for from the shop is beyond comprehension.

For myself, I'm done with this event. I'll save the spare 46 candy corn I have left over for next year. It hasn't been a fun event, just a grind.
  • Numbers4296Numbers4296 Member
    edited November 1
    So I've read all the back and forth here and a lot of its right imo. The dungeons paid zero to not much cc for effectively fewer rewards overall without spending money.Thats a commercial decision, which will no doubt be debated after Devs review income overall.

Couple of thoughts on that review:

1 When the game was new, so were we all. Lots and lots of us paid very small amounts (or larger) to buy stuff. The point here is 'lots of us'.

2 Overtime we hit high end builds requiring different content.. runes, boss mode, epics.

Still..'lots of us' paid small as well as larger amounts. Good for Devs/good for us.

3 Then the high end bottleneck began..High end players..' Lots of us' didn't need to spend as much at all..because we spent it already. Or ground out a lot as a cheap FTP.

4 We organised into highly efficient high performance guilds, with deep knowledge bases. That's math/bang for buck/ effective strategies.
    Not great on revenue..but also..now excluding very new players..which we no longer were.

5 Devs recognised that and started offering exclusive content for high end ptps..play passes drak skins valkin epics etc. That's fine as an exclusive deal for high end whales, imo. As long as that teir is described as such, guilds could organise to house those players wishing to hit that teir.

6 We lost very cheap micro payment items..which began the game and attract new players.Which are the driver for continuity/longevity of the game.

7 The events/shop probably need doubling in size to properly address:

A. High end players and their (optional) Content/items to buy.

B. New players who might spend 5 dollars (often) to get some gems or Stam until they are stronger. Actually cheap cash items are always popular in shops!

C. This doesn't address new players as guild members..but it should. They now face slow levellers in PvP with high end builds.

This means:

i. Their PvP battles should be rune equivalent at least, as well as rp/stars

ii The current PvP system is overfacing for newer players because we are also fighting them on Alts for easy event wins. That's cannot continue or we just won't sustain new players (as we all were three years ago).

D. I also think there needs to be a Universal Guild, which new members are auto enrolled into, after induction with training notes published in guild chat on hitting crowns and the benefits of guild membership, but real chat with other new folks there. Paying rewards to guild members there based on their individual performance until they got an agreed level. Obviously reduced rewards as they are in a server controlled system...this one's just me speculating btw.

The current event was clearly an attempt to bring in higher cash amounts, that's all fine well except the majority of folks didn't appreciate the reduced in-game currency opportunities, nor the currency drain prior to an immediate event following.

The game looked mean, and wasn't a ton of fun, I got a couple of skins and sat back. That's not like me at all.I guess activity was well down across game.

In short the game needs to attract new players as well as cater to mids and highers.If you read this far thanks. :-)

TLDR: Devs gear events for higher levels with higher dollar priced items, bring back small items in the shops to sell alongside them.

Separate new players from us in PvP by runes/stars.

Be obvious about paid event teirs in events.
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    @KashHatton too far bro, I agree this sucks giant donkey marbles, but don't make personal attacks against Joel, he has to deal with us daily for everything. Not cool! :/

Honest comment. I couldn't stay in a job that required me to continually feed people a line of bull.
    KashHatton
  • EMFREMFR Member
    Hoping to wake to find my final guild rewards then spend my corn, only to find skins have already been removed from the shop....meanwhile CC boost items are still up for sale. Glad the devs are always listening closely to the community. Thanks guys!edf3uglv8bkw.png
    3ff6ask6gl95.png
  • SchnuppeSchnuppe Member
    edited November 1
    @Peakey101 sorry, mate :(

@Thalia Thanks for listening to the players.
    I appreciate that.
    I am a long-term player.
    I have most skins. So I could earn a lot of candy corn! That was such a BAD JOKE of YOU making me think that.
    I like to play to get skins, and runes, and other stuff. That is, complete quests lines, run dungeons, beat bosses to earn tickets, wreaths, candy corn! Yes, CANDY CORN! "The land has been flooded by candy corn" the event banner said. WHERE?! I have to ask.
    I bought the Pontifex' skin last year to support the game.
    I really was looking for the Shade skin I am still MISSING because of that ******* shop offers!

I would have been happy if you would had given me a realistic chance to earn at least 75,000 candy corn.
    That way my guild had a good chance to reach any reward better than the participation award.
    That way I would had the chance to buy the Shade skin that I really wanted, plus one(!), not two, not three, just one(!) rune, plus some Jibber or Drakk tokens!

I've managed it to earn 36000 candy corn, more or less.
    I really APPRECIATE that daily, surprising offers in the shop WHEN there is a 2nd chance to see all offers at the end again!

Now I got that a rune. A random buy. It was like "take it or leave it".
    Now I have 6000 candy corn left. And...

YOU want to make me buy your candy corn boosts and candy corn offers? Then give me something I can spend it for!. There is nothing in my shop I can get or farm every day.
    Where is that dark healer rune?
    Where is Shade's skin?
    Where are the Darkk tokens?
    Where are the Jibber tokens?
    Nothing ... oh, come on!
    And the "best" about that: I've seen screenshots from players have all that skins in their shop.
    But not me :(

I would had bought the Ignus Bat Stick skin....

Halloween 2018. It was a HORRIBLE event!! I mean horrible, not scary :(

PS: It's really bad for European players to add the 7th day quests at 9pm/10pm o'clock on a work day when the event ends at 6am/7am in the morning.
  • @Joel @DB_Stanley any chance the event shop is going to have jibber tokens and unowned skins available before it closes? I personally have 90k corn and would like to spend that on something other than gold or mats, after all I just quick looted enough to have gold and mats for years.
  • BlothBloth Member
    edited November 1
    I checked the shop this am & nothing changed. Used up all my corn cause heaven forbid it carries over. Then items are added out of the blue ? Who is handling this event ? **** idiot move !
  • @Aeternus Jibber tokens back in the shop.
  • AeternusAeternus Member
    edited November 1
    @MonkeyHunter Thanks!

I just checked out, and I managed to get that Shade's skin at the end. And I see Jibber's token are back too.

It's good that I was optimistic and I didn't spend any candy corns on materials that I don't need. I saved them for the last hour, waiting for some miracle to happen. And it did happen.

I also understand the frustrated players who spent their candy corns before this last change, and now they are not able to get what they wanted.
    Post edited by Aeternus on
  • Yup I spent out this morning before heading to work and low and behold with hours left they added the shade skin which I still need and the Jibber tokens. I bought crafting mats which I could have gotten any number of other ways.

For shame Dungeon Boss for doing this to your players. How is that fair, open, honest, or fun? How does that encourage us to have any faith in you whatsoever?
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • b7q3q15x3ehx.jpeg
    hfirv5zb3u4i.jpg
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• This was a fundamentally ugly event, like running a marathon in leg irons. You could buy the key to unlock the irons, admittedly, but a significant number of players obviously felt the rewards were not commensurate with the cost to do so. To those guilds and players that did well, my sincere congratulations. For the rest of us, do not forget that this event's issues were just a part of a continuing pattern of behavior, and please evaluate your monetary support of the game accordingly. Bossfight Entertainment IS in business to make a profit, and the only voice you can guarantee they will listen to is that of their accounting department.

TL,DR: event sucked, kudos to top players and guilds, don't like it - don't spend.

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hey everyone. Something with the shop scheduler went awry last night and caused some things to not be available when they should have been. Given the impending end of the Haunted Halls event and the start of the upcoming guild event, we do not think that sending candy corn or extending the Haunted Halls shop further would be practical, so we have come up with an alternate solution to account for the shop scheduling mishap, and to express our gratitude towards the community as a whole.

After the guild event has started, we will be adding skins to the event's ticket shop that were not initially planned to be included, and we will be sending an amount of tickets to all players equal to the cost of a skin. These tickets can either be spent on a skin or put towards other ticket shop purchases.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will all enjoy the upcoming guild event. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • OhtOht Member
    Hey neat. There's candy corn in the heroic portal. I just got 250-500 corn in like 5 of 10 chests. Of course, there is no more event tab due to the whole event thing ending, so no way to spend that corn, so that corn was taking up a spot in the chest that could have had something else in it.

Sweet sweet candy corn.
  • Thank you Joel. That is actually, in my opinion, a fair, reasonable compensation and a timely admission of error. Well done.

• That's a very fair resolution to that mistake. Thanks.
  • LietoLieto Member
    Does candy roll over until next time...I presume so since it can be bought for cash @Joel ?
  • OhtOht Member
    edited November 1
    Hey Nice Mega Raven Pack I saw for a minute before they disappeared, only $99 (for 150 craw tokens and 100% Event dungeon damage.) Not particularly surprising that the $ packs rolled out before the promised tickets/skins.

Edit: $ packs are back, promised trophies/skins aren't.

Post edited by Oht on
  • Oht wrote: »
    Hey Nice Mega Raven Pack I saw for a minute before they disappeared, only $99 (for 150 craw tokens and 100% Event dungeon damage.) Not particularly surprising that the $ packs rolled out before the promised tickets/skins.

Edit: $ packs are back, promised trophies/skins aren't.

I don’t expect the tickets to show up until the last day of the event. If they put them out now too many people would be able to get that rune from the shop to add 2x damage instead of spending money on Craw to get him stared up.
  • Joel wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Something with the shop scheduler went awry last night and caused some things to not be available when they should have been. Given the impending end of the Haunted Halls event and the start of the upcoming guild event, we do not think that sending candy corn or extending the Haunted Halls shop further would be practical, so we have come up with an alternate solution to account for the shop scheduling mishap, and to express our gratitude towards the community as a whole.

After the guild event has started, we will be adding skins to the event's ticket shop that were not initially planned to be included, and we will be sending an amount of tickets to all players equal to the cost of a skin. These tickets can either be spent on a skin or put towards other ticket shop purchases.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will all enjoy the upcoming guild event. :)

@Joel when is this actually going to happen? Cause we got no skins and no comp so far. More precise timeline would be appreciated!
  • edited November 2
    So, we have had two forced updates since the start of the event. Both to the shop. First one added event ticket cash purchase packs. Second one added Craw token cash purchase packs. When will we see the compensation for the shop bug in last event? Is there even a timeline? "After the start of the event" could be anytime between now and the heat death of the universe in 10^100 years. That is 10 followed by 100 zeros for you non-mathy types.

• Lieto wrote: »
    Does candy roll over until next time...I presume so since it can be bought for cash @Joel ?

It is not supposed to, but it did this year.
  • Thanks for the comp and putting the skins in the shop. :)