Force of Nature! Lily Is Epic & Rocky Has A New Skin! (Increased Leaf Payouts!)

Comments

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    danac wrote: »
    bvs72 wrote: »
    I would prefer if there was a real E/M/H option for level 80 players. Too many of the quests read to me as “Lose 8 PvP battles” for 100 leaves.

you can lose 8 pvp battles for 400 leaves.

What kind of master are you. You would just line your heroes up to be slaughtered?
  • Win raids with all nature heroes - what is the strategy here aside from putting elite runes on nature heroes and hoping for the best?

Every combo I try is getting killed in PVP against the "weak" team.

Thoughts?
  • Really not a fan of these delayed release epics, especially when we haven't gotten any other epics in between. With Valkins it was powerful enough to invest in. The only real reason to invest in Lily's is to boost your score on the leader-board. If not for that and the free 25k leaves I wouldn't have gotten it at all.
  • @sirtainly A lot of us feel that way. I'm giving this game until Christmas. If things aren't better by then (weekly rewards for medium commitment f2p) I'm gone and not looking back.
  • edited November 7
    So tired of pay to play events. The only thing I can think of to do is engage in a legitimate protest under the terms of service of the game. How am I going to do that?

1) Stop buying anything for any reason
    2) Not participate in events beyond what is required for my daily crowns and to do my ftp best in guild games for my guild
    3) Participate to the absolute minimum in PvP. This is now consisting of:
    A) Taking my one weakest hero, alone vs the strongest option in my PvP choices
    B) Setting my defense to my four weakest heroes ( or 4 weakest blues for this event). I would go to one hero in protest, but the last time the players did that, the
    devs "corrected" that "exploit" and required a 4 hero team on defense, so I will do what I can.

So, in conclusion, enjoy taking your top level Special Forces MMA team against my wheelchair bound, Downs Syndrome Special Olympics defense. It is what top players and guilds want anyway, so I am happy to serve. I hope that others who want the game to be fun, rewarding, competitive, and enjoyable for everyone will emulate my example, but I honestly doubt it will happen. The current focus for the top 1% of players and guilds is win by any means necessary, and I don't see that changing. When I get kicked from the guild I have been a loyal, reliable member of for over two years, this will be my last mobile game. Bossfight has shown me exactly how players who spend are treated and I could have purchased many other more enjoyable things with the money I dumped into this pit. Done.

Enjoy.
    Post edited by unknown_player on
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• LafooteLafoote Member
    edited November 7
    AmorFati wrote: »
    Win raids with all nature heroes - what is the strategy here aside from putting elite runes on nature heroes and hoping for the best?

Thoughts?

This quest is flat out toxic.

The game has a history of focing players to utilize heroes in an oppressive meta for which they have no opportunity to be competitive. It’s never been this horrible though. All green has no chance against Barbs or Dwarves. Typically they don’t even survive the first round. As stated before, these events NEED a free refresh throughout. Unfortunately, it still looks like you’ll require hundreds of wins to score the top prizes and that’s fairly unrealistic anyway.

Post edited by Lafoote on
  • I agree... and I come across way to many barbarian teams nowdays. They are really not fun to fight and I hate em
  • I'm not spending anything until the DB team gets their act together and stops trying to hit profit targets. I want to see more generosity and less blatant money grabbing, less tiered rewards, less endless grind.

New event? Top tier rewards? Spend.
    Event after that? Top tier rewards? Spend again.

I'm still going to play, but I've already internalised the notion that I won't spend anything until I'm convinced the number one goal of the DB team isn't profit. But basically, I don't think that can ever be achieved.
  • BlothBloth Member
    PvP anything is the worst IMO. I personally hate it. Hate grinding for it, hate dealing with pay to win players, hate dealing with all of it.
  • Are there really not new daily quests today? Really-really?
  • So do we have to finish group 1 quests in two days or do we have to the end of the event?
  • Scroom407Scroom407 Member
    edited November 7
    They're Group 1 quests, we're still in PvP group 1. Different than usual, but there will be 3 sets of quests.

Edit: There are 18 green heroes, so 3 sets of 6. Also @joel will group 1 quests stay around for group 2&3?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @Scroom407 The quests will expire along with their relative leaderboards.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • “We heard you loud and clear...haunted halls blah blah blah.”

At least they can use the same apologies, just change “corn” to leaves.
  • Monkeynuts wrote: »
    “We heard you loud and clear...haunted halls blah blah blah.”

At least they can use the same apologies, just change “corn” to leaves.
    On day 5 there will be added 5 leaves to every pvp raid that is attempted?!
    Oh yeah, I am looking forward for that many extra leaves!!!!!!!

• @Schnuppe Excuse me sir that's 10 with a 3 star raid!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    No pictures of what they look like on the forums? That's odd.
  • OhtOht Member
    Why can't we see the other leaderboards? That would be fun/interesting.

• EMFREMFR Member
    It’s easier then ever to rate the app (you can/need to rate after every version for it to reflect on the star rating of the App Store.) I just submitted an updated rating after thinking about how great this event went.
  • danacdanac Member
    danac wrote: »
    I would prefer if there was a real E/M/H option for level 80 players. Too many of the quests read to me as “Lose 8 PvP battles” for 100 leaves.

you can lose 8 pvp battles for 400 leaves.

What kind of master are you. You would just line your heroes up to be slaughtered?

they talked back to me.
  • danacdanac Member
    AmorFati wrote: »
    Win raids with all nature heroes - what is the strategy here aside from putting elite runes on nature heroes and hoping for the best?

Thoughts?
    Lafoote wrote: »

The game has a history of focing players to utilize heroes in an oppressive meta for which they have no opportunity to be competitive. It’s never been this horrible though. All green has no chance against Barbs or Dwarves.

It's not quit that bad.
    In fact it's easier than trying to shoehorn Bovus or Phemus in.

*IF* you find a lower rune power dwarf team- and it can't be a well runed one- you can send Viperia Krexx Rocky Lilly.

If you don't have viperia runed offensively, yous hold if you have the tunes. Shes one of the heaviest offensive hitters.

Other heroes you can use on an all green team: Draxx, Hagrim, Ferno. I think there's another one or two useful.

I haven't bothered with the individual green quests, but I've been looking for weak teams, and when I find them send an all green in.
    I've gotten 3-4 wins.

• Jamming one bad hero in a Barb or Zomm team is easy. Runed well Bovus and Phemus are both serviceable though not elite. The real problem is Green is 100% vulnerable to freezing in a meta where the most popular and most powerful hero is Valkin. Lily and Rocky are dependent on dodge for survival which is useless against dwarves. Excepting Ferno, Fire is catastrophic and Solaris remains the second most popular healer. The meta is completely stacked against green. Sure, it’s possible to score a very occasional win against a very, very, bad team, but you’re just going to bleed gold trying to track those down.
  • Lafoote wrote: »
    Jamming one bad hero in a Barb or Zomm team is easy. Runed well Bovus and Phemus are both serviceable though not elite. The real problem is Green is 100% vulnerable to freezing in a meta where the most popular and most powerful hero is Valkin. Lily and Rocky are dependent on dodge for survival which is useless against dwarves. Excepting Ferno, Fire is catastrophic and Solaris remains the second most popular healer. The meta is completely stacked against green. Sure, it’s possible to score a very occasional win against a very, very, bad team, but you’re just going to bleed gold trying to track those down.

hey... you can PAY $$$$ for extra damage!
  • LafooteLafoote Member
    edited November 8
    Moar pay to win, hurray! Still doesn’t stop your heroes from getting beat to death while frozen though.
  • Eh, if this new Rocky skin has some bones on it im counting as a Common Cold Shroom. I like to use lots of imagination
    Join The Common Cold! With Disease and Chill on our side, we shall spread The Common Cold! become a Common Cold Member today!
  • Complete all quests, get 1/4 of what is needed for epic? Pass. Back to steam.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• Complete all quests, get 1/4 of what is needed for epic? Pass. Back to steam.

...zero interest in this event, which is painful because Lily is one of my favorite toons. This event, might possibly have been the last straw. Will give it until Christmas, but not spending another penny.
  • PizzaPizza Member
    @Joel are you getting any of this at all? From what players are saying? This is starting to become pay to win instead of what it used to be and we hate it! Please change something! Leaf payouts are abysmal you haven’t even learned your lesson from the haunted halls wtf????