Hero Spotlight: Jin Lei [Updated]

Comments

• NO
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• Oht wrote: »
    coneyK wrote: »
    Well, I got 5 free tokens today for him, so that's kinda funny.

From what?

Daily free tokens
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited November 14
    This thread makes me sad, too.
  • OhtOht Member
    @Joel

So....what exactly makes this 10 token unlock hero 'legendary'?
  • Oh, and Bramble. He's legendary too.

• what happened to all of the fire, nature, and water heros? Iris is dark, Jibber, is light, Craw is dark, and now the new guy is light... bruhhh. And I really miss the hero calendars. I can bet you everyone liked the calendars
  • Joel wrote: »
    elwnobccma74.png

Background:
    Born to a small village......
    [/list]

it took a whole village to give birth to him?

I'm guessing DB still can't afford a copy editor?
  • Anûbis wrote: »
    Thanks @Joel! How much money would you like for each star so I can budget ahead of time! And do the bugs cost extra or are they included for free?! Let me know, I can’t wait to get this special event started!!! Your oldest favorite member Anubis!

I thought you were young.

and what's the deal with trademarking your name?

and yes, the bugs are a free bonus!
  • Pretty big guy. Maybe everyone else was busy midwifing and gathering bamboo by the ton to feed him. Kind of a cooperative project until they could build a catapult large enough to launch him at the monks and let them worry about feeding him.

• I actually think MSF is a worse cash grab but meh!
  • This game is dying of cancer. It needs to milk out as much money as possible because all the old top-players have gone and left, due to feeling ripped off and betrayed.
    They're scrounging off of everyone left to fund the next Epic/Hero/cash-grab Ult. Skin. It's a cycle that'll last as long as there are dedicated, rich players, and if every new character stands out.

The pressure is piling on, Pig Fish. A few bad characters means death.
  • Loot passes aren’t my cup of tea, but this panda hero in general looks neat. He has a cool design, and I’m glad there’s now an Honorbound legendary (I thought they’d just leave it with the four Honorbound already!) Will the other Honorbound heroes have those “When on a team with x” heroes?
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • Remember, Joel is an employee of Bossfight, and may well have restrictions imposed by the company as to how, when, and if he is able to respond. Legally, Bossfight is not even required to allow us to criticize them on their privately owned forum, and they have every legal right to suspend said criticism at any point, for any reason, or no reason at all. Be aware that providing us a platform to discuss our concerns is a courtesy, not a requirement, in relation to our status as CUSTOMERS of Bossfight.

• Wtf is this Kung Fu Panda ripoff looool. Now useless Aria has a sidekick.
  • Monkeynuts wrote: »
    So, what other games are people fleeing this to, seeing as Diablo is too far out?

Nobody is gonna play Diablo Immortal, but you're welcome to setup Diablo II and join my party. Ladder reset in December everyone will be a new player!
    So, what other games are people fleeing this to, seeing as Diablo is too far out?

Nobody is gonna play Diablo Immortal, but you're welcome to setup Diablo II and join my party. Ladder reset in December everyone will be a new player!

I loaded D2 for nostalgia a short time ago and was back to D3 within minutes, I’ll pass.

I also believe that you’re mistaken...I know plenty of people anxiously awaiting Diablo 3.5 - while you poop edition.
  • Seems like an interesting hero, fail to see what makes him particularly Legendary however. The other HB were made to work outside of one team, so I guess that's the reasoning behind this one too? The DR and Energy, as well as a basic attack that can paralyze sound nice, but he's slow. That might make him a decent damage dealer, despite him being yellow, but the intended strategy seems to be use calm before on the first round, and then Storm of ancestors on the second. With a slow hero you'll be lucky to get one attack in, let alone two. Silence helps the chances of a second turn somewhat, but with both Emily and Valkin (backbones of current meta) being immune to silence, it seems unlikely it will help out much. An interesting hero either way, but unless his stats are crazy high, I don't really see his relevance.
    Monkeynuts wrote: »

I loaded D2 for nostalgia a short time ago and was back to D3 within minutes, I’ll pass.

I also believe that you’re mistaken...I know plenty of people anxiously awaiting Diablo 3.5 - while you poop edition.

Wow you prefer that garbage over a real dungeon crawler? Based on all the hate I really don't think anyone is going to play Immortal.

Wow you prefer that garbage over a real dungeon crawler? Based on all the hate I really don't think anyone is going to play Immortal.

The hate was because everyone was expecting a D4 announcement. I guarantee it will have more players than Dungeon Bug does.

The hate was because everyone was expecting a D4 announcement. I guarantee it will have more players than Dungeon Bug does.

Not only that but a mobile game does not deserve prime time at Blizzcon. Most people there (besides hearthstone people) all expected PC games.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hey folks!

We've released a patch for Jin Lei (which is being outlined in patch notes HERE), but I'm going to put the info here as well!

Jin Lei now gets a passive called "Approaching Storm" after being ascended twice. This passive silences all enemies until Jin Lei's first turn or until the end of the first round (whichever comes first). This particular round of silence ignores immunities to debuffs!

In addition, we've changed the following abilities to deal lightning damage as opposed to typeless damage:
    • Dhaegon's Electrified Whirlwind
    • Marrow's Lure and Light Nova
    • Jibber's Disabling Strike
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »
    Jin Lei now gets a passive called "Approaching Storm" after being ascended twice. This passive silences all enemies until Jin Lei's first turn or until the end of the first round (whichever comes first). This particular round of silence ignores immunities to debuffs!

Guess this is finally something that can stop Balog from using his shout first round on Shade's team.

However, he still doesn't have family legendary perks.
  • Now that's legendary. 2 Rounds of silence, one even against Valkin? Plus 208% damage and then at least 40% more damage on his first? Thats a slow DPS hero done right
  • Cool, but still not worth hundreds of dollars to make even borderline usable... ...I'll just stick with the guys I have.
    There once was a monster from the ice
    But here's a bit of advice
    Don't try to fight him, your fate will be quite grim
    You'd go from hero to human sacrifice
  • Dagrund can remove the silence. His second SM which silences all enemies doesn’t seem to affect those immune to rebuffs. I’m also sure MK will find another way to cheat against him.